We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
too many topics Options

SnozzleBerry
#21 Posted : 10/11/2012 1:26:23 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

anrchy wrote:
There are so many questions being asked everyday and the "for faqs sake" thread is proof they need they're very own sub forum.

Just to point out...those questions get asked all over the boards (including first steps in hyperspace, collaborative research, etc.). I'm not opposed to organizing along the lines mentioned (and appreciate much of the steps already taken in that direction), but I will point out that many people post wherever they feel like, regardless of how many sections and subdivisions you create Wink
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

anrchy
#22 Posted : 10/11/2012 8:09:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree, and was going to point that out as a neg to the whole idea. Although I think if the name of the sub forum for which I speak actually had the word "question" in its name, it would stand out more. It's really a long shot. I don't understand why people find it so hard to ask questions in the appropriate section.

It makes sense to me that it would be the wording that could throw people off. The name of each sub forum is basically te description to its contents. It's extremely important that we use the best words possible to cater to such a large audience. Descriptions aren't always taken in the exact same way. Now this isn't fool proof by any means, but it's the best we can do. They also contain a description of a few sentences I know, but most people don't read it or easily skip over it when not familiar with the forum.

Mostly though, "for faqs sake" is already a section. It's already there. Why not make it into its own sub forum anyways. Eventually that thing will be so big it would be impossible for anyone to read through front to back hehe. I can't think of anything that would fail safe that people post accordin to what section properly, unless there was a main "post topic" button that then had several choices that you could choose by clicking a radio button and that would ultimately decide where to put the thread based on your choice. But this would be a lot of extra work and might not function very good.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

PREV12