We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
Police finds body of 18 y/o, hidden by shaman after he died in ayahuasca retreat Options

christian
#81 Posted : 10/1/2012 2:44:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractalic wrote:
i guess it was a real miracle that she didn't die, as she was taking Prozac together with 2 cups of aya. she didn't even realize how dangerous it was.

Gawd, WHEN will people learn to respect the medicine? Glad that she's ok, sounds like she went thru hell! Crying or very sad
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

fractalic
#82 Posted : 10/1/2012 4:31:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in that case, i guess it was the "shaman's" fault for not making sure that nobody's taking anti depression meds. for me the biggest shock was to see these cruel so called "hippies" singing about love, but laughing and ignoring the fact that a girl almost dies in front of them. out of 60 people out there, there where no more than 4 people coming to help her. how sad is that?
`I can't explain MYSELF, I'm afraid, sir' said Alice, `because I'm not myself, you see.'

un-known-ome
#83 Posted : 10/30/2012 12:10:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was following this story but I remember that I never got any closure. To date, do we know definitively what happened in this case?
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

Elpo
#84 Posted : 1/5/2013 8:19:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did find this:

http://aimperu.blogspot.be/2012...victim-wants-second.html

The words of the father saying that people don't simply die of ayahuasca makes me wonder what was behind all this...

This is another article where it seems even more strange:

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/ar.../120929739?p=3&tc=pg

It doesn't seem to add up...
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

nen888
#85 Posted : 1/9/2013 4:08:17 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..ayahuasca tourism has become a dangerous business..

there have been a number of murders, and many rapes by bogus 'shaman' in South America lately..

DJ_Truthseek
#86 Posted : 1/9/2013 6:10:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

More people die from cigarettes and alcohol than all other drugs combined. You don't hear about that cause those are good taxable drugs. 1 person dies from an entheogen and 'oh my god!'
"Prying open my third eye."

"We are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively..."
Bill Hicks

christian
#87 Posted : 1/9/2013 8:39:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
..ayahuasca tourism has become a dangerous business..

there have been a number of murders, and many rapes by bogus 'shaman' in South America lately..

I followed the Kyle Nolan story for quite a while. It seems that when Kyle was flown home, that his body was too decomposed to find out for sure the cause of his death. Also, there seems to be some issues between his father and mother, and there seemed to be some kind of secrecy going about.

Untill there is clarification it's not correct to blame the Ayahuasca. What DOES seem to be more of the case is that this retreat centre was run in a very irresponsible manner and really went to work about rushing in crowds of people to cure them, like they were on some kinda mission, although it was always highly questionable the 'way' they ran. And in cases like these accidents do happen. A lot of people thought it was an accident waiting to happen.

Kyles death could have been anything from an interaction with another 'substance', to falling down and banging his head, as he was encouraged to be left to his own devices on his first brew!! Shocked

Let's not let the the very few ruin the majority of good out there.
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

JourneyToJah
#88 Posted : 1/9/2013 9:39:03 PM

Free Spirit

last night i was watching drugs inc. the hallucinogen episode, and they were showing Shimbre center and an aya ceremony.

they left a girl take the medicine alone in her room, i was shocked when i saw that. more than this, the girl had serious psychological issues that she had to face and they left her alone.
after about 12 hrs she goes and eats and feels really sick for the next 24 hrs.

so sad to hear about this tragedy Sad
With these hands I have killed man and destroyed hopes and dreams. But when I open these hands I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. It's not the path that we take but the choices that we make along that path that makes us who we are. -Waugriff

«PREV345