We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Police finds body of 18 y/o, hidden by shaman after he died in ayahuasca retreat Options

#21 Posted : 9/13/2012 8:56:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I'd really like to hear some followup on this story and what happened.

Although hiding a body of an 18 year old in the bushes is pretty odd and just plain wrong. Makes me even more skeptical of most centers/retreats in south america. Wut?

I'll just stick to aya sessions by myself. No need to spend thousands of dollars to go see a shaman...that most likely..is more of the tourist trade than anything else.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

parallelwhispers
#22 Posted : 9/13/2012 9:02:53 PM

Deceased

Off the wall possibility, maybe dude was tripping out hard and crawled out into the bushes and died from any whatever junkie sickness cause, and the police wanted the whole thing shut down and disbanded, so they made the shaman confess to something he didn't do, in exchange for a plea bargain of some sort.

Just saying. Possibilities.

I love you. Smile
Death is an awakening. . . One day it will come.
But you'll search the skies with your eyes in frantic wonder.
You will come to realize the lies you've told yourself for so long to survive.
"We fear something that does not exist."
Not only does death not exist, we ourselves do not exist.

universecannon
#23 Posted : 9/13/2012 9:16:40 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

^ lots of possibilities, sure. although that sounds unlikely, since the guy already had a real sketchy reputation to begin with

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

joedirt
#24 Posted : 9/13/2012 9:41:20 PM

Not I

You know here is the thing that doesn't add up to me.

This Shaman, who is from the jungle...the REMOTE jungle.

If he decides to dump a body you can bet your ass that no one will ever find that body.

I don't believe we have the real details of this story yet IMHO.

It's still tragic and I hope that people considering these aya tours will meditate on the risk they put themselves in before undertaking these journeys.

Peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Leon Trout
#25 Posted : 9/13/2012 9:45:16 PM

when in doubt, twirl

joedirt wrote:

If he decides to dump a body you can bet your ass that no one will ever find that body.

that's what i've been scratching my head about all day... i mean, i don't even live in the jungle, just a dense forest in the southern US... & if i needed something not found, you better believe yr not gonna find it... this is a strange, unfortunate situation all around...

i had been looking into journeying south for an ayahuasca week or so... now, i'm seriously considering just taking that plunge here, with a friend i KNOW i can trust to look out for my meat while i'm gone...
spinning a set the stars through which the tattered tales of axis roll about the waxen wind of never set to motion in the unbecoming round about the reason hardly matters nor the wise through which the stars were set in spin...

"Chemistry is applied theology." Augustus Owsley Stanley III

joedirt
#26 Posted : 9/13/2012 9:50:12 PM

Not I

Leon Trout wrote:
joedirt wrote:

that's what i've been scratching my head about all day... i mean, i don't even live in the jungle, just a dense forest in the southern US... & if i needed something not found, you better believe yr not gonna find it... this is a strange, unfortunate situation all around...

i had been looking into journeying south for an ayahuasca week or so... now, i'm seriously considering just taking that plunge here, with a friend i KNOW i can trust to look out for my meat while i'm gone...

My advice is simple. Do it at home the first time where are you a 911 call away from an ambulance.

Peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Tokapelli
#27 Posted : 9/13/2012 10:03:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well just judging by things i have read here and in Lamb's "Wizard of the Upper Amazon", not from personal experience...

From what i understand a legitimate shaman and his icaros can make a huge difference in what Aya can show you and teach you. This is a plant that has always been a part of their life and culture, and I believe that if you find a good shaman he will have a better understanding of that plant than most people could ever have. That understanding of the plant and how to use it (which obviously this shaman had very little) can make the difference between a chaotic jumbled crazy experience that you gain nothing from, and a coherent, beautiful journey that can change your life.

Now im not saying that one cannot benefit from the plant without a shaman, I would just think it would be way easier and you could learn way more with guidance.

So my point is I hope this doesnt turn people off from real shamans and how much their guidance can help us.

jamie
#28 Posted : 9/14/2012 1:27:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

joedirt wrote:
You know here is the thing that doesn't add up to me.

This Shaman, who is from the jungle...the REMOTE jungle.

I don't believe we have the real details of this story yet IMHO.

It's still tragic and I hope that people considering these aya tours will meditate on the risk they put themselves in before undertaking these journeys.

Peace

Yeah, that would make sense..but he claims to be some 1st level chavin shaman or something..from a direct chavin lineage..and the chavin are not from the jungle..they are from the peruvian highlands. This guy could very well not be from the jungle at all..lots of people in peru that are not from the jungle work with ayahuasca..this guy also seems to favor san pedro over ayahuasca which might be due to his lineage with san pedro or w/e..he has been known to say that ayahuasca is basically useless in comparison. The Chavin were/are the real san pedro shamans of the andes so it would make sense.
Long live the unwoke.

christian
#29 Posted : 9/14/2012 7:41:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yesterday i trawled through the 13 pages of posts on Chimbre at Ayahuasca.com. On this page, 1/2 way down, Steve Beyer says some interesting things about this "shaman", after holding back for a while:

http://forums.ayahuasca....=mancoluto&start=120

I also read that Manculoto operated in a highly questionable manner, and there's an example i read where he tried to get this blokes (phats) girlfriend to take lots of really expensive treatments for nonsense reasons, 3/4 way down:

http://forums.ayahuasca....t=mancoluto&start=45

Wunderband explains his potentially dangerous experience, 3/4 way down, although this whole page makes interesting reading with comments from Alan Shoemaker, etc:

http://forums.ayahuasca....t=mancoluto&start=60

....And page 13, unlucky for some, says it all! Shocked

Confused
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Purges
#30 Posted : 9/14/2012 12:42:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This really is sad news. I have been reading all these links and trying to get as much info on the place as possible, because I was considering going there Surprised The film made it look so good, but now I am questioning even going to Peru with the intention of drinking Aya...

From what I have read, this Mancoluto chap seems shady and weird, I can see how he might appeal to the new age set, what with his martian connections and all Rolling eyes surprised he didn't drop nibiru in there for good luck...

My warm wishes are with his family and friends. Let's not forget them at this time.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Mickey_Mouse_33
#31 Posted : 9/15/2012 2:51:13 PM
Energy is eternal delight

Purges wrote:
This really is sad news. I have been reading all these links and trying to get as much info on the place as possible, because I was considering going there Surprised The film made it look so good, but now I am questioning even going to Peru with the intention of drinking Aya...

From what I have read, this Mancoluto chap seems shady and weird, I can see how he might appeal to the new age set, what with his martian connections and all Rolling eyes surprised he didn't drop nibiru in there for good luck...

My warm wishes are with his family and friends. Let's not forget them at this time.

I am on the exact same page as you are. I had more and more serious plans to go there next summer. This whole thing has completely shocked me, wasn't prepared for this.

A very sad story indeed.
If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
- Meister Eckhart

christian
#32 Posted : 9/15/2012 3:19:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Miksiton wrote:
I am on the exact same page as you are. I had more and more serious plans to go there next summer.

Don't worry, there are plenty good places in Peru. Manculoto seemed to be starting up his new cult, and his ways of operating were not only highly suspect but also dangerous.

Please don't let that put you off from good centres, but DO research b4 jumping in.
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Doodazzle
#33 Posted : 9/15/2012 3:50:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So from the ayahuasca forum, wonderband describes being given a beverage and left alone for 4 hours. On a rock...

Quote:

I was vomiting while I was up on the rock. It was broad daylight, and occassionally there were people climbing up on the rock to take pictures while I laid there a few feet away "tripping balls". My sense of humor was the one thing that made it all bearable.

This provides us with more fodder for speculations about possible causes of death. Maybe the kid fell off a rock. And really, many people said about this Mancoluto character that he just fed you the medicine and left you alone for four hours. Perched atop a rock of course sounds like a crazy place to leave a tripper--but we can't know how precarious the rock really was, nor if leaving people up on a rock was his everyday schtick. But abandonning your clients to trip alone is the jungle, that sounds like one way to invite disaster.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

christian
#34 Posted : 9/15/2012 4:02:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bedazzle wrote:
But abandonning your clients to trip alone is the jungle, that sounds like one way to invite disaster.

Indeed Bedazzle!

I just wish that Rob would have taken the hint from clients a lot earlier about this Manculoto chap. It's a pity in many ways.

semios
#35 Posted : 9/15/2012 5:35:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20120914/ARTICLES/120919722

Sebastopol teen died in Peru trying 'to further open his mind'

Kyle Nolan of Sebastopol, right, pictured with his triplet siblings Marion, left, and Kevin. Kyle died Aug. 22 at a jungle retreat in Peru.
Family photo
By GUY KOVNER
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT
Published: Friday, September 14, 2012 at 7:16 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, September 14, 2012 at 8:15 p.m.

Kyle Josef Nolan and his parents knew exactly why the 18-year-old Sebastopol man traveled to a retreat center in the Peruvian jungle: to participate in an “ayahuasca ritual,” ingesting a psychoactive concoction used by Amazonian people for centuries and popular with westerners, including the musician Sting.

But the 10-day program at the Shimbre Shamanic Center went tragically wrong, and the operator, a shaman named Jose Manuel Pineda Vargas, attempted to cover up Nolan's death and lied to his mother when she first arrived in Peru, according to Sean Nolan of Petaluma, Kyle's father.

Peruvian National Police said they arrested Pineda, 58, who called himself “Master Mancoluto,” and two men who allegedly helped bury Nolan's body on the shamanic center's property outside the city of Puerto Maldonado in southeastern Peru near the Bolivian border.

A YouTube video depicts Pineda leading authorities to the spot where Nolan's body was unearthed.

(Article continues... click link above)

Doodazzle
#36 Posted : 9/15/2012 6:02:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Puerto Maldonado

Maldonado nose--from the Illuminatus trilogy? The thing where this guy claimed to be "one of the 5 top level shamans of the world" already sounded too much like the primi--the 5 Secret Chiefs of the Illuminati (from the same novel). Also mentioning Atlantis...

Mind you I am not talking CT here, rather I'm pointing out connections with a work of fiction....I'm seeing fnords is all.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

christian
#37 Posted : 9/15/2012 6:27:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

semios wrote:
A YouTube video depicts Pineda leading authorities to the spot where Nolan's body was unearthed.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/w...eature=player_detailpage

jamie
#38 Posted : 9/15/2012 7:11:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

was mancoluto the only one involved in this whole thing or what? The chimbre site seems to have all info from the site removed and the facebook page is gone..was Rob also arrested? Was he involved or was he not aware of mancoluto finding the body and burrying it?

Mancoluto even looks creepy man..
Long live the unwoke.

christian
#39 Posted : 9/15/2012 7:25:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
was Rob also arrested? Was he involved or was he not aware of mancoluto finding the body and burrying it?

Reports state that Mancoluto and 2 other men were arrested. I think they helped to hide the body/bury it. I dunno about Rob, but i wouldn't like to be in his shoes right now! Crying or very sad

ziggus
#40 Posted : 9/15/2012 8:42:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The two other men arrested were Mancoluto's German assistant, Florian Schmatz, and the Chimbre carpenter, Luis Enrique Mondragon.

PREV1234NEXT»