We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV56789NEXT»
Acacia photo gallery Options

acacian
#121 Posted : 12/29/2012 9:34:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WAGE! Beautiful photos of the pycnantha.. well done. Ta particularly beautiful specimen.. love the first photo..true acacia vibe. the 3rd and 4th i'm quite positive are a variant of longifolia.. the 5th.. i know this one but i cannot remember the name right now! I'll try get back to you bout it soon as possible.. i recently identified that species. it grows quite a lot around melbourne.. nice find on the oxy.. would be nice to see some close ups?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

xantho
#122 Posted : 12/30/2012 9:18:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Way to go WAGE and acacian! A couple species in there that I'm seeing for the first time Very happy The A. ingramii strikes me as a real character! Much love and appreciation to you both for sharing your adventures and encounters.

I drove 1700km across the country last week and my travels were blessed and brightened by millions of blooming acacias of all shapes and sizes. I took advantage of a short stop due to road works and snapped the photos below. Didn't have a chance to ID but maybe next time Smile
xantho attached the following image(s):
P1000943edit.JPG (1,981kb) downloaded 360 time(s).
P1000941edit.JPG (2,144kb) downloaded 358 time(s).
P1000942edit.JPG (2,705kb) downloaded 362 time(s).

"Becoming a person of the plants is not a learning process, it is a remembering process. Somewhere in our ancestral line, there was someone that lived deeply connected to the Earth, the Elements, the Sun, Moon and Stars. That ancestor lives inside our DNA, dormant, unexpressed, waiting to be remembered and brought back to life to show us the true nature of our indigenous soul" - Sajah Popham.

nen888
#123 Posted : 1/3/2013 1:16:19 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..what a great suite WAGE, acacian and xantho..! and happy new year all..
i've gotta get used to looking at pixels, not phosphenes in the night again..Smile
..you've got a def active A. maidenii strain there it seems acacian, a very good plant, better behaved than obtusifolia haha..still looking at the pixies, oops, i mean pixles..

acacian
#124 Posted : 1/4/2013 12:19:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah looks like a beautiful location xantho.. it seems australia and africa share in common the commonality of acacia everywhere we go Smile ... its a real treat. I saw the most beautiful specimen of acacia diphylla out at this waterhole yesterday I wish I'd gotten photos of it.. i only started taking snaps on the way back.. il upload em soon though Smile

hope your going well on your travels over in africa.. and WAGE hope your well too on yours Smile .. and nen .. answer your phone mate!

xantho
#125 Posted : 1/5/2013 10:39:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Happy new year acacian friends! I can't help but feel that 2013 is going to be a white hole of novelty, depth, and love! I sense excitement in the Force Very happy

You're spot on acacian, I don't think we drove for more than 1km without passing a beautiful barked elder. I felt a warm serenity from the knowledge that the teachers are so abundant and widespread. A research-oriented journey is definitely in order!

We completed the return journey this week and I am safely back in my place. A couple shots below of an A.karroo...in the Karoo Smile Be well my friends!

xantho attached the following image(s):
AKarrooWhole.JPG (1,415kb) downloaded 327 time(s).
AKarrooFlowers.JPG (1,025kb) downloaded 328 time(s).

"Becoming a person of the plants is not a learning process, it is a remembering process. Somewhere in our ancestral line, there was someone that lived deeply connected to the Earth, the Elements, the Sun, Moon and Stars. That ancestor lives inside our DNA, dormant, unexpressed, waiting to be remembered and brought back to life to show us the true nature of our indigenous soul" - Sajah Popham.

acacian
#126 Posted : 1/14/2013 12:33:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

beautiful tree xantho.. love the erect growth style. and a happy new year to you too mate! hope you had good times!.. by the way that looks like a beautiful area that its growing in too! Smile

here's some photos from a spot out bush we went to as younger teenagers.. we often threw small little "doof"-like parties here and we went out for the first time in a couple years the other day. Upon arrival I noticed that our treehouse/dj booth was in fact a giant acacia tree! The tree seems in good shape.. i was initially worried because a number of larger branches had died, though I soon found out the other trees in the area grew the same way. They seem like trees with a strong will to live.. there was a seemingly dead large tree further in that I came accross, which had a fresh sprout of foliage coming out of one of the branches.. was amazing that it still had life as that was the only sprout on the whole tree! We had a nice little gathering out there on the weekend and deep times were had.. we called it "maidenight"

this is a species which I haven't managed to identify yet which I found out at a beautiful waterhole a few kilometers out of town..

wage.
#127 Posted : 2/1/2013 6:49:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been driving around a lot recently and I've spotted some trees that looks similar to the Mimosa species.

Does anyone know anything on these two photos?

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."

nen888
#128 Posted : 2/1/2013 8:23:43 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..what a beautiful radiance the karoo has thanks xanthoSmile

..yeah we're really seeing how pods/flowers become essential to work some of these out..

the acacia near the river looks real special acacian..could be maidenii, but without pods/flowers hard to say..

WAGE..again..very tricky with only leaves..could be a Jacaranda (pods or flowers would sort this immediately)

acacian
#129 Posted : 2/3/2013 1:53:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah i was thinking that looks like jackeranda too.. they grow a lot around the melbourne area

Below Acacia Maidenii and then below what I originally thought was a strain floribunda..though thinking it may be a narrow phyllode strain of maidenii i found. These were found growing in a rainforest (can't remember the name will have to look on maps) about an hr from Nymboida along the Grafton way.. There was also the typical thin and slightly hairy phyllode strain of Acacia Floribunda in the area though I didn't get photos of it.... I just found out how to upload straight to the forums but dont know how to do multiple pics in one post so for now i imageshacked the others. If someone can help that would be great.

acacian attached the following image(s):
maidenii:floribunda.jpg (532kb) downloaded 266 time(s).

acacian
#130 Posted : 2/3/2013 3:06:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so below is a really special tree I found growing in another rainforest location which I suspect to be either acacia bakerii or acacia binervata ... the latter seems more likely to me as bakerii is meant to be confined to the noosa area.. though it looks suspiciously similar. either way I got an intense presence off of this tree... beautiful phyllodes

acacian
#131 Posted : 2/3/2013 3:12:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

another unknown which I am just going to refer to as "the twisted tree" for now ... it is similar in appearance to melanoxyn.. though it seems like another species all together as they all seem to have this twisted style of phyllode and shorter/pointer phyllodes. this fellas got style! found around northern NSW in the byron bay/mullumbimby area.

acacian
#132 Posted : 2/3/2013 3:30:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen, interestingly there were a few of those trees at the waterhole which had a few flowers left (or maybe coming into flower?) .. and they were creamy white ball flowers, so I've ruled out maidenii. I was thinking the same thing at first

nen888
#133 Posted : 2/3/2013 5:22:38 AM
member for the trees

acacian wrote:
so below is a really special tree I found growing in another rainforest location ... beautiful phyllodes

..it is A. binervata (found DMT positive by reagent test in phyllode)
..bakerii is exceedingly rare, confined to s.e. qld and was almost extincted by logging..
as for the narrow phyllode tree near the river, if it has ball flowers it may be Acacia nerifolia..
finer details would need to be noted..

acacian
#134 Posted : 2/3/2013 5:34:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i have a photo of it with flowers however it was too blurry so I didn't upload it... but here it is... and another one that grew nearby with thicker phyllodes... suspect it may be Acacia Implexa who is a late bloomer

Acacia Irrorata (thanks nen!) growing amongst rainforest between ebor and grafton

acacian
#135 Posted : 2/3/2013 5:46:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
..it is A. binervata (found DMT positive by reagent test in phyllode)
..bakerii is exceedingly rare, confined to s.e. qld and was almost extincted by logging..
as for the narrow phyllode tree near the river, if it has ball flowers it may be Acacia nerifolia..
finer details would need to be noted..

thanks for the i.d nen... I didn't grab any material to test unfortunately as I was a little worried about how many would be in the area, but I did grab a small branch and did the burn test.. really interesting smell, similar to active species I have burnt. I also chewed on a couple phyllodes.. a little bitter but not as much as other species I've tasted

nen888
#136 Posted : 2/3/2013 8:51:31 AM
member for the trees

acacian wrote:

a mearnsii found growing in those rainforests below too.. I've noticed the flowering with marnsii is a little delayed the further north I go.

..i think that's actually Acacia irrorata (no alkaloids in 2 tests) ..another species often mistaken for mearnsii..

acacian
#137 Posted : 2/4/2013 12:45:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

awesome thanks nen hadn't heard of that one Smile

thats such a shame about bakerii I can't believe that people could log such a rare beauty! shame on them. is binervata more widespread?

and hey! where's all the mimosa-heads at? so far this just an acacia gallery..

acacian
#138 Posted : 2/10/2013 5:41:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a specimen I found a while back growing around the yarra river in victoria... originally thought i may be acacia floribunda, though the phyllodes seem too broad. My other consideration is maidenii though the flower rods look to long? Bit stumped on his one.. wondering if it could be a hybrid? really love the look of it though

acacian
#139 Posted : 2/27/2013 4:15:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some more photos.. found growing in the new england area in NSW. first is Acacia Decurrens ... second is Acacia Baileyana... third I am unsure of species.. it has similar qualities to floribunda (same flowers if I remember correctly.. i saw it in flower about a year back) and maidenii.. even reminds me a little of courtii the way the branches are so pendulous though its not "willowy" enough.. the phyllodes seem too close together to be floribunda..wondering if its a maidenii floribunda hybrid (once again Razz ) .. the next I am once again unsure of.. it shares qualities with acacia baileyana and some of the black wattles. beautiful tree
acacian attached the following image(s):
decurrens.jpg (456kb) downloaded 162 time(s).
baileyana.jpg (519kb) downloaded 161 time(s).
unsureflorimaiden.jpg (490kb) downloaded 161 time(s).
unsurebaileyanadecurrens.jpg (474kb) downloaded 158 time(s).
unsurebaildec.jpg (504kb) downloaded 158 time(s).
unsurebaildec2.jpg (378kb) downloaded 155 time(s).
unsurebaildec3.jpg (506kb) downloaded 153 time(s).

nen888
#140 Posted : 2/27/2013 5:22:01 AM
member for the trees

..the first pic above does look like floribunda, acacian, based on length and abundance of flowers..does it have a basal gland? (if so, wouldn't be floribunda)
..i love the look of decurrens..never tested it myself..

«PREV56789NEXT»