We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Mescaline solubility and other properties Options

69ron
#21 Posted : 11/5/2009 8:51:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I updated the opening post to version 1.1. It now includes isolation information for mescaline HCl and mescaline acetate as well as more detailed information on the properties of mescaline acetate.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

The Traveler
#22 Posted : 11/5/2009 9:30:03 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Thank you for your invalueble information 69ron, it's appreciated.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Heretic
#23 Posted : 11/6/2009 3:50:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard that it's possible to drip sulfuric acid onto the xylene layer in cold conditions to precipitate mesc sulfate without having to pull from the xylene with water, has anyone tried this with any success?
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

69ron
#24 Posted : 1/4/2010 10:00:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I updated the first post of this thread to version 1.2 to include the solubility of mescaline acetate in DMSO.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

elphologist1
#25 Posted : 1/4/2010 11:46:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Pure mescaline salts should be odorless, correct?

The reason I ask is because I extracted some mescaline from Peruvian Torch and even after purifying it still had a sweet smell. In fact, the container that had the mescaline chloride in it still has the smell even after washing. It is a strange, though pleasant smell, that reminds me somewhat of the smell of coconut bath oil.

elphologist

69ron
#26 Posted : 1/5/2010 2:03:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, it should be odorless. Was it washed with both acetone and then 99% IPA?

elphologist1
#27 Posted : 1/5/2010 3:02:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Yes, it should be odorless. Was it washed with both acetone and then 99% IPA?

Yes, but maybe not washed well enough.

elphologist

69ron
#28 Posted : 1/5/2010 6:11:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

According to the tests done in the following link the results of an acetone wash followed by an IPA wash should be pretty much pure mescaline HCl, if done right. The results should be white, or off-white (slightly pink because it fluoresces dark red I believe), and "odorless".

Keep in mind that "odorless" is a term that is somewhat subject to personal opinion. I’ve been able to smell so called “odorless” things before. For example, salt and sugar are both "odorless" and I can smell both of them. A dog can smell pretty much anything we call "odorless".

san pedro alkaloids part 2

panoramix
#29 Posted : 2/9/2010 10:27:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
All good questions.

Unless the cactus flesh was above pH 7, which it’s not, then mescaline must be present in a salt form like mescaline hydrochloride or something similar. The cactus flesh is acidic (around pH 5-6 or so), so the cactus must contain a salt form of mescaline, but I haven’t seen it documented anywhere which salt form it actually is.

From what I read, methanol and ethanol are great solvents to use for a crude cactus extraction. Water produces a thick slimy goo with much more mass to deal with which is almost impossible to filter. Water is not recommended. SWIM has tried all three, and methanol is the best SWIM has tried.

What I want to know is if freebase mescaline is soluble in d-limonene. It would be nice to be able to use d-limonene in an A/B extraction of mescaline. It’s much safer to use than xylene, toluene, or DCM.

Quote:
sorry to intrude with such a noobish question. but which form of mescaline is produced by cacti?
orm what is a good solvent to use for making crude cacti extract?

wold IPA99% or acetone work for this. it could be dan with water (resin) but to maths to eat.
so wold like a beter way to do this, methanol is verry expensive in the NL so wold be great if i cold use acetone, sorry for all the questions ,69ron

greeder pano
Panoramix, the honorable druid. With his golden knife he cuts his herbs, with which he prepares his famous magic potion.

And he knows many other secret recipe,,,

endlessness
#30 Posted : 6/26/2011 2:02:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PREV12