We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Have you ever black out from taking DMT?! Options

Permaculturalist
#1 Posted : 9/6/2012 1:26:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Last weekend was the first time I had ever tried DMT. Most incredible experience of my life. Before I talk about my trip you need to know a little about the set and setting.

I have been researching DMT and other mind exploring drugs for around a year n a half; finally felt that I had a grasp on what opportunities lay within these underutilized self-actualizing tools. So I began acquiring a small chemistry lab, root bark, and learned how to grow psychedelic mushrooms.

As well as I can describe my mind set, it goes something like this. Never get stuck on an ideology, never take anything for granted, feel deeply, waste nothing, understand nature and don't fight it, be the pupil while being the teacher.

I use to be one to complain and not do much about it but now I have come to realize I'm the only one that has power over my life, there are no more problems just solutions.

Now for the setting, three friends and I were on our way to a Mac & Wiz concert in MN. Stopping at one of my buddies places, they lit up a few bongs, talked about the concert and other current events etc.. Out of nowhere, my friend told one of his buddies I had recently made some DMT freebase. He then told us he had some... Only because the last time he took it, the experience was just too much he said, he didn't want it. The trip was him being a meteor shooting down to earth and stopping right above a spot in South America. He thought nothing of it, just that it was a trip produced by his head. He and his friends live to get fucked up. As soon as he told us about his trip I began to ponder the thought of maybe they were trying to tell him something, a shamanic retreat? . He said if he saw a map he could pick it out almost exactly.

I asked if I could take a trip and he told me he had enough for two people. We got one of his friends to make the commitment. We got the room prepared, pillows and blankets to make shit comfy, lights off, black light on, drumming music playing.

I hit the first bong, felt confused and disappointed because I could tell I wasn't going to break through. He hit the second one and curled up with his blanket, he was gone. Feeling mad/sad I was staring at the wall when the man with the DMT told me to hit it again..... little did I think it was going to work when all of a sudden it started happening, my lungs pushed all the air out, my head and body was very still and rigid yet I was relaxed. Moving through this tunnel I made out hieroglyphic like symbols with a hieroglyphic looking women chanting at me. She was neither mad nor happy, just infused with energy. It was tough to make everything out against the back of my black-light illuminated eye lids. That is mostly what I remember because before I was out of hyperspace, external stimuli interrupted me. The guy that had taken DMT before me kept saying what, what, what, what, and his friends were asking how it was. He kept responding with what. Upon exiting, it reinforced the notion that everything is always alright and always will be. As soon as I was gently carried through the worm hole and back into this material world, the other guy who took DMT, asked what he had taken. They told him DMT, he had no recollection of this. He then asked how you get it and what is it in.. Out of hyperspace came the words "It's in everything." As soon as I said it, the room became immediately quiet. Then someone made a joke about how he's never heard of someone blacking out form DMT. I proceeded with, he didn't black out, they blocked him out. Another silence, I then said it might be a wake up call. Some were wondering WTF I was talking, I felt like it had to be said.

My question is, what do you think about the meteor falling to South America and coming to an abrupt stop some height above the trees. And also do you know anyone that has taken DMT and he/she doesn't even remember. He could have seen/had something happen to him that was just to frightening or confusing to talk about. I don’t think that is the case as of now but that may change.

Any input I could ponder on would be greatly appreciated.

Much love,
Another You

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

olympus mon
#2 Posted : 9/6/2012 6:09:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Black outs are pretty common. They are a good indicator that you loaded too much dmt or took one too many hits from the bongzilla. Please be careful I lost a friend this summer from a dmt black out near the water in which he fell in to the river and drowned. I also almost burnt my face on a searing hot glow plug from a vapor box style vaporizer. I came to with my face just an inch away from the white hot glass tube. It scared the shit out of me and I now prefer a sitter after hundreds of solo missions in my past years. Blackouts can be dangerous!!!
B safe. :-)
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Permaculturalist
#3 Posted : 9/6/2012 2:09:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Alrighty thanks for letting me know, I'll keep that in mind!

MacFli
#4 Posted : 12/17/2017 4:41:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just had my first experience after many years (eight) of research and hunting. My milligram scale seems to be incapable of proper calibration, so I eyeballed it and tossed it into a quartz banger. Oops! I only remember my friend's face turning amazing with psychedelic beauty while he grabbed the rig as I faded into oblivion. After that I found myself being comforted by my friend and his girlfriend. They said I was out for about 12 minutes. I remember nothing. I hope that I simply overloaded the rig,the idea that 'They" would "block" me sucks and makes me quite sad.

Northerner
#5 Posted : 12/18/2017 12:24:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Recently I was on chat here and I just started tripping. I had no idea on what and didn't even know how it happened. I thought it was maybe mushrooms and I had got a friend to dose me without me knowing.

Turns out I had got out the bong and smoalked, just didn't remember doing that at all till later. First time for everything.

I more often have white outs with changa where I remember everything up to a point, then infinite white light that can happen for x time takes over. It's a very fine line for me to end up in that place. So, I don't use a lighter that stays on by itself, don't sit/lie in a dangerous spot and I don't use anything that could burn me if I dropped it. The worst likely physical outcome is that I spill the bong, which thankfully hasn't happened.

Alcohol definitely increases the chance of black outs too. The combination is very poor.

And about the meteor... well anything is possible in hyperspace. Wink
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 12/18/2017 5:19:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I hit the pipe late one evening some years ago and woke up the following morning. Last thing I recall was applying the flame above the crystals.

Fortunate perhaps, because that evening had already been absolute mayhem in quite a special way. (Much love to all the friends involved Love )

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Deadhead410
#7 Posted : 1/6/2018 2:09:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive noticed that I'll black out if I go above 80 or so mg. I load a electronic portable "dab" rig usually. Put the dose in the nail, start it on its lowest setting and watch the spice slowly melt. As it melts I start inhaling. The size of the rips I get can leave you a blob on the floor in the blink of an eye. Very easy to over do it. I'm still finding my sweet spot using this method.
Safe travels!
Shrouding all the ground around me / Is this holy crow above me / Black as holes within a memory
And blue as our new second sun / I stick my hand into his shadow / To pull the pieces from the sand
Which I attempt to reassemble / To see just who I might have been / I do not recognize the vessel
But the eyes seem so familiar / Like phosphorescent desert buttons / Singing one familiar song...

Doc Buxin
#8 Posted : 1/6/2018 6:53:03 PM

Pay No Mind

It is great to see olympus mon back! Definitely one of my favorite people on these fora...

I am terribly saddened to hear about your friend's accidental death. May they be in Peace now.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, not to derail the thread like I am infamous for doing!

I do not like to black out. I have in the distant past mainly due to excessive fasting combined with high amounts of LSD or mushrooms. Typically, because I dislike blacking out so much, I ascertain the problem, fix it & never do it again.

I have never blacked out on DMT. More than likely because:

1) I keep myself much more hydrated and properly nourished these days

&

2) I have never really needed to go much beyond 50 mg doses. Usually somewhere between 25-35
mgs will get me blasted off into the hyperspatial realms quite intensely. That is definitely my sweet spot, however I have accidentally over-loaded the pipe more than a handful of times and/or not realized that there was still some un-vaporized Spice left lurking in it and got a bit more than I bargained for, but still have never passed out from it.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Doc Buxin
#9 Posted : 1/6/2018 7:06:25 PM

Pay No Mind

Keep in mind though, Permaculturalist, that there are many, many people inhabiting this plane of existence who are not "meant" to take psychedelics.

My theory is that their souls are not integrated enough to actually benefit from such intense medicine. That is just my theory though, that I have arrived at after decades of studying the psychedelic realms and ingesting a lot of psychedelic substances ("a lot" is an understatement in this case).

It seems to me that we humans are not really meant to be able to understand just why these substances work so well for some and not for others, however I might be wrong about that. You never know....

Peace
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

clearness
#10 Posted : 1/7/2018 3:34:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have had a fair number of black outs, not to be confused with pass outs. This is one of the big reasons I purchased the GVG. I was having a lot of trouble getting to the breakthrough point without vaping too much. I wouldn't know how much was left in the choreboy, if any, and couldn't regulate the amount I was receiving very well. This was with The Machine. I also had some scary experiences and ended up taking a break for several months.

Typically I would remember coming up, breaking through and then nothing. I would wake up to a gentle earthy mushroom like trip and couldn't remember where I had been. Not usually scary but it felt like a waste.

Today I tried the GVG for the second time. I didn't breakthrough but can tell that I will be able to dial in my dose and technique and hopefully not blackout any more. It will be really nice to have a better idea of what level of a trip I might encounter when I put the lighter to the pipe. The preflight anxiety with The Machine was a bit much towards the end. I probably could have worked it out but now I wont have to.

With all that being said. I think black out is largely do to too heavy a dose.

TheCaterpillar
#11 Posted : 1/7/2018 2:45:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never actually broke through on NN-DMT I mostly get mild visuals from it. In part because I use small amounts to not waste anything so never yield more than 75mg at a time. I have blackouted from a different kind of DMT called 4-ACO-DMT. This one time I mixed over 220mg harmala HCL crystal extract with 40-60mg 4-ACO-DMT and 15-25mg of 4-HO-DET and after the first 2 hours can’t remember much of the experience just some lights and stuff. Don’t mix those drugs though I had a mild seizure honestly it wasn’t enjoyable I threw up as well about 45 minuets into it.

But I also hardly ever bother extracting crystals so probably why I can’t breakthrough. My DMT is usually a yellow goo that’s more NMT than DMT. I always wanted to breakthrough but I just can’t from goo. But I don’t even like DMT that much cause it doesn’t last that long I prefer it to last as long as possible. Honestly my experiences with mushrooms were stronger than my experience with DMT.
Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Jees
#12 Posted : 1/7/2018 3:04:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

clearness wrote:
I have had a fair number of black outs, not to be confused with pass outs. This is one of the big reasons I purchased the GVG. I was having a lot of trouble getting to the breakthrough point without vaping too much. I wouldn't know how much was left in the choreboy, if any, and couldn't regulate the amount I was receiving very well. This was with The Machine. I also had some scary experiences and ended up taking a break for several months.

Typically I would remember coming up, breaking through and then nothing. I would wake up to a gentle earthy mushroom like trip and couldn't remember where I had been. Not usually scary but it felt like a waste.

Today I tried the GVG for the second time. I didn't breakthrough but can tell that I will be able to dial in my dose and technique and hopefully not blackout any more. It will be really nice to have a better idea of what level of a trip I might encounter when I put the lighter to the pipe. The preflight anxiety with The Machine was a bit much towards the end. I probably could have worked it out but now I wont have to.

With all that being said. I think black out is largely do to too heavy a dose.
It looks like you could use some changa so that you will have much more control over the experience. If freebase shows critical for your constitution, some harmalas could be the golden ticket to temper things down a notch.
It's possible to ingest harmalas beforehand, like 1 hour, then vape classic freebase on that. Some take harmalas sublingual. Some like it as part of the changa. There are a lot of people out there who find freebase vaping too short/spikey, this effect can be very much mitigated & prolonged at same time trough harmalas.

#13 Posted : 1/7/2018 3:39:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Never have blacked out from smoked dmt or changa, even on the experiences I'd taken multiple 1 year hiatuses from, but I doubt that I could've handled much more before it would've been too much. Or who knows, idk, don't really feel like testing that question Razz

Only time I've blacked out was from a vine/mhrb brew, 75g brewed 3x3, then around 5.5g mhrb brewed 3x1.5-2. It was me and the significant other, we drank the vine, then around 25 minutess or so we'd drank the mhrb tea, I was sitting up, back straight on this chair in the room, staring off, while she was sitting on the edge of the bed. No more than 10 minutes after drinking that mhrb tea she says to me - "No, I can't do this, its coming on fast!?", and at that point I turned my gaze from where I'd been staring and turn to her, then all of a sudden it starts to hit me.

I tried to reassure her that everything would be fine in the end and that I'd try to help her, ended up moving her over to lay along the bed with some comfortable blankets and a few pillows. We had this downtempo playlist playing on the surround sound [not that that even mattered, the sounds of the experience completely stifled the music to the point the no-music]. Right before I'd layed her down she'd asked for the small wastebasket we had near by, she immediately took it from my hands as I grabbed it and she threw up quite a bit, over the span of a couple minutes or so.

Afterward I'd taken the basket and laid her down and got her situated, I remember turning around and this, only way I can describe it, this massive wave off a ways, the sound, the buzzing, humming, the electronic wateryness of it, every second it was building in intensity, at that point I was mostly paralyzed/frozen, it was locked in.

Then it began to just wash over me, like standing in a waterfall and just getting blasted, repeatedly, multidimensional, over and over, not allowing much re-surfacing, the brute force and power, the complexity, beauty, horror; just kept dissolving - more and more. At that point i went out, and I'm guessing from memory that it was around a good hour or so, maybe 45 minutes, but I remember - waking up/opening my eyes and I had been lying on the bed during all this apparently; still frozen - I look over. Her face, mouth open, she appeared frozen in time, in total awe and shock of what she was looking at/experiencing. I kept grabbing her at that point, only because everything that had been going on in that moment left me with that as the only option, helped anchor me quite a bit, which is what seemed to be needed. Though at this point I had some sort of timeline back in some sense of the word, though even now as I'd been lying there, eyes open, the room was, idk, it was me, it was that transcendental reality, she was that, I was that, all woven together. She was just another me, same inexplicable Mystery experiencing itself through two physically finite beings playing the game of Life, the comedically beautiful charade of name and form, playing on this small slice of reality. Really wish I could've remembered those 45 minutes though, I'd never felt anything that powerful at that point in time.

EDIT: Btw, the 75g vine and 5.5 mhrb was not split; that was the dosage for the each of us.

clearness
#14 Posted : 1/29/2018 4:49:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
It looks like you could use some changa so that you will have much more control over the experience. If freebase shows critical for your constitution, some harmalas could be the golden ticket to temper things down a notch.
It's possible to ingest harmalas beforehand, like 1 hour, then vape classic freebase on that. Some take harmalas sublingual. Some like it as part of the changa. There are a lot of people out there who find freebase vaping too short/spikey, this effect can be very much mitigated & prolonged at same time trough harmalas.

I am very interested in learning more about how to safely use harmalas with spice. Is there a thread that spells out exactly how to ingest harmalas? I searched but am not sure what's what.

Jambo Bwana
#15 Posted : 1/30/2018 5:35:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible, that if you were really tired and close to sleep when you took a hit, that you could just drift off during a trip?

I know the experience is intense but you are, ultimitely 'not conscious'

Or even as the trip wears off and you sit there enjoying the last of the visuals with your eyes closed you could simply drift away.

Sleep has a habit of robbing you of memories and as the experience could be in some way connected to some kind of dream state, it could be the case that a wee nap after a DMT trip could leave you struggling to remember any of it in a similar way to how you struggle to remember a recently dreamed dream.

I have no experience of this kind of situation, just throwing some ideas around

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 1/31/2018 2:06:02 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Jambo Bwana wrote:
Is it possible, that if you were really tired and close to sleep when you took a hit, that you could just drift off during a trip?

I know the experience is intense but you are, ultimitely 'not conscious'

Or even as the trip wears off and you sit there enjoying the last of the visuals with your eyes closed you could simply drift away.

Sleep has a habit of robbing you of memories and as the experience could be in some way connected to some kind of dream state, it could be the case that a wee nap after a DMT trip could leave you struggling to remember any of it in a similar way to how you struggle to remember a recently dreamed dream.

I have no experience of this kind of situation, just throwing some ideas around

See my post above.

Light pipe, fall asleep!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

melotikaci
#17 Posted : 1/31/2018 11:47:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

clearness wrote:

I am very interested in learning more about how to safely use harmalas with spice. Is there a thread that spells out exactly how to ingest harmalas? I searched but am not sure what's what.

It's simple.
1. You can make changa.

2. Take freebase harmalas(10+mg), mix them with any herb you have at home, smoke in pipe. mixing is only necessary to avoid it melting and draining in pipe. You can even do that if you are desperate Very happy

3. Vape it just like you vape dmt. needs more temp though.

if you want to take it orally, mix with orange/lemon juice and drink. Can give you nausea so vaping/smoking can be better if you just want to alter you dmt experience to more gentle, longer and deeper one.