We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Morning Glory Leaf Infusion Options

oilman
#1 Posted : 8/30/2012 12:36:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Whenever I use morning glories, I get sick. I feel massive vasoconstriction, get nauseous, and feel many other unpleasant side effects that wreck my quest. I read an article through google scholar that natives used to make a warm water tea out of the morning glory leaves to cure various ailments. I've also seen written in a few articles and reports around cyberspace that there are desirable compounds in the leaves, although not as much as in the seeds. But there are also less nasties in the leaves.

So I took 21 fresh, large morning glory leaves from a pretty, old vine on the property. I broke the leaves into smaller chunks with my hands and put into a 10 oz cup with a screw on strainer (usually used for making regular tea). I covered the leaves with cold orange juice, and let sit for 1 hour. I then strained the juice and drank.

I was up within a half hour, feeling very good. I didn't notice the usual side effects. I was a little nauseous, but not out of character with other substances. It felt less sedating and more psychedelic.

Definitely something to think about for your next quest.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#2 Posted : 8/30/2012 3:13:27 AM

just some guy

The body load of morning glory seeds can be avoided just by brewing it gently in an acidic tea for fifteen minutes and pouring the liquid cleanly away from the plant matter when finished, leaving the dregs, scum and floured seeds behind.