We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Brazilian/Mexican Yield Comparison Thread Options

SnozzleBerry
#1 Posted : 8/21/2012 2:10:58 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

The title of this thread says it all. The purpose here is to establish average yields reported by people in the community from mimosa hostilis root bark sourced from different geographic locations. Ideally, extractions should be done side by side in order to minimize fluctuations in yield as a result of variations in procedures. If extractions are not done side by side, please indicate it and present any variations you are aware of.

At this moment in time, the most common locales appear to be Mexico and Brazil. However, if you have bark sourced from a more specific region of these countries, or from other countries please feel free to share your results. PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY VENDOR NAMES IN THIS THREAD. Thanks.

Here's one possible format for posting:

Type of tek/Tek name:

Locales where bark was harvested:
Amount of bark:

Acid used:
Base used:
Solvent(s) used:

Initial Yield
Bark A:
Bark B:

Color:
Bark A:
Bark B:

Texture:
Bark A:
Bark B:

Yield after recrystallization:
Bark A:
Bark B:

Extraction procedure:
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 8/21/2012 2:35:42 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Type of tek/Tek name: A/B

Locales where bark was harvested: Brazil, Mexico (powdered)
Amount of bark: 454 grams of each

Acid used: Vinegar
Base used: Lye
Solvent(s) used: Naphtha followed by Xylene

Initial Yield
Brazilian:
Naphtha freeze precipped: 4.375g
Naphtha evaporated: .56g
Xylene evaporated: 4.1g
Total: 9.035g, 1.99%

Mexican:
Naphtha freeze precipped: 4.192g
Naphtha evaporated: .650g
Xylene evaporated: 4.65g
Total: 9.492g, 2.09%

Color
Brazilian:
Naphtha freeze precipped: Varying from cloudy white to cloudy pale yellow, cloudy to almost clear
Naphtha evaporated: light yellow, pastel
Xylene evaporated: light yellow, some whitish sparkle

Mexican:
Naphtha freeze precipped: Mostly very pale yellow with some white, cloudy
Naphtha evaporated: light yellow, pastel
Xylene evaporated: light yellow, whitish sparkle

Texture
Brazilian:
Naphtha freeze precipped: Crystalline
Naphtha evaporated: Clay-like, crushed to chunky powder
Xylene evaporated: Soft clay, longer to dry, crushed to chunky powder

Mexican:
Naphtha freeze precipped: Crystalline
Naphtha evaporated: Clay-like, crushed to chunky powder
Xylene evaporated: Hard clay, crushed to chunky powder

Yield after recrystallization:
Brazilian:
Mexican:

Extraction procedure:
For both types of bark...

1) 454g of bark was split into 2 half-gallon mason jars and the jars were filled with acidified water.
2) Jars were pressure cooked at 15 psi for one hour.
3) Liquid was poured off and reduced. More water was added.
4) Steps 2 and 3 were repeated 4 times.
5) Acidified MHRB solution was poured into a jug and based.
6) 75ml of naphtha was added and the jug was agitated.
7) Naphtha was pulled and collected in an evaporation dish which was left out. Crystallization was visible.
8 ) Steps 6 and 7 were repeated 4 times.
9) The evaporation dish was sealed and put in the freezer.
10) 75ml of xylene was added to the jug and agitated.
11) Xylene was pulled and placed in a jar.
12) Steps 10 and 11 were repeated.
13) Naphtha evaporation dish was pulled out of the freezer, crystals were collected and excess naphtha was poured off and evaporated.
14) Xylene was evaporated, then manually re-x'd
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

boogerz
#3 Posted : 8/21/2012 6:14:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome Snozz thank you! Thumbs up

universecannon
#4 Posted : 8/31/2012 12:03:43 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

very cool, thanks for this. nice yield btw!

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 8/31/2012 12:57:36 AM

omnia sunt communia!

universecannon wrote:
very cool, thanks for this. nice yield btw!

Thanks!

It'd be nice if we could get more people to chime in on this. I think the two other mentions I've seen of comparing yields from different locales have indicated a slightly higher yield from Mexican as well.

Interestingly enough, this would back the claim that a certain vendor used to have on their site stating, "The Mexican bark is as good if not better quality...than the Brazilian." More results should potentially help point solidly one way or the other.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Rivea
#6 Posted : 8/31/2012 1:07:04 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Good work Snozz! The difference although measurable is not huge. I would not mind doing a comparison, but I have only the Brazilian bark on hand. I don't plan on purchasing any bark for a long time, and you know why.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

DeMenTed
#7 Posted : 8/31/2012 2:56:20 AM

Barry

thanks snozz, the nexus appreciates!!

corpus callosum
#8 Posted : 8/31/2012 5:11:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

This is a good thread!Smile

A now defunct UK vendor used to stock Mexican bark and that stuff gave consistently larger yields via BLAB when compared to MHRB from a franchise of Ad3nium.IIRC, a drawn-out BLAB done over the course of about 10 days yielded a whopping 2.4ish% on the Mexican bark.

Im speculating here, but has anyone found that the time of year that the bark is acquired has a discernible effect on the yield?Im aware that the time one gets the bark in the hand may only be loosely used to determine the time it was harvested.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Egokiller
#9 Posted : 8/31/2012 6:26:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Recently had a run in with Brazil and was not happy at all compared to the Mex. I was very surprised at the Mex. It kept giving and giving, in short amounts of time in the freezer too.

Leon Trout
#10 Posted : 8/31/2012 8:25:05 PM

when in doubt, twirl

Egokiller wrote:
the Mex...kept giving and giving, in short amounts of time in the freezer too.

that right there sums up my experience... & it makes no sense, at least to me... i got comparable yields, with the Mex coming up a little better each time... but the time in the freezer, amazing differences... with the Mexican, i was usually pulling my jars in about 12 hours (i have a very cold freezer)... with the Brazilian, i'm requiring 2 days in the same freezer to precip out all the spice... i've checked the temp on the freezer, nothing has changed... strange...
spinning a set the stars through which the tattered tales of axis roll about the waxen wind of never set to motion in the unbecoming round about the reason hardly matters nor the wise through which the stars were set in spin...

"Chemistry is applied theology." Augustus Owsley Stanley III

Alev-Kev
#11 Posted : 2/13/2018 1:34:38 AM

Just a consciousness walking around in a meatsak

Ok, so I used CYB's Hybrid Salt tek on Brazilian & Mexican mimosa.
Yields were comparable, within a few 100mg of each other. I do get SUPER WHITE from the brazil and slightly yellowish from the mexican. Of course the variables of climate, age of root taken and overall maturity of the plant can't be specified, but I noticed that THUS FAR the mexican has been WEAKER in potency compared to the brazilian. The previous times I purchased, I had no idea what was extracted, nor how, just that it was DMT. Varying in qualities and presentation, all of them have had more "kick" than this mexican that I've just extracted. More testing needs to be done and some other subjects to take part and give feedback, but I'm wondering " Has anyone else noticed potency differences in other species of plants?"

Thanks to All