We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
could we have a realtime chatbox pweze? Options

The Traveler
#21 Posted : 5/31/2009 2:03:00 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

nibpack wrote:
tolu wrote:

The Traveler can be forced to hand over logs of the nexus (IP address and all) at any time, you're in trouble if anything you've wrote can be used against you.

Doesnt 'the man' need a warrant for this?

He does needs a warrant but The Netherlands isn't the hardest country to get one alas.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

narmz
#22 Posted : 6/1/2009 2:52:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tolu wrote:
Bad idea if you're thinking of having a channel on a public irc server (that you don't own) for discussion of illegal drugs.
You're making the man's job ten times easier and it will probably get more negative attention than positive.
You could make your self anonymous if you wanted to, but I don't think many people at the nexus would know how to tunnel securely through multiple boxes over various countries.

The Traveler can be forced to hand over logs of the nexus (IP address and all) at any time, you're in trouble if anything you've wrote can be used against you.

Would this be any different than the way the forums currently work? I mean, couldn't he be forced to hand over the ip addresses of everyone who visits this site if someone had a warrant?
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

Phlux-
#23 Posted : 6/2/2009 5:01:32 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

I dont think a chat would be any risk legally but what it has done on my site is make the forums less interesting and slower.
When ppl have a question they would much rather pop into chat and ask it to get a quick answer and thats fine and dandy for that member but what about tomorrow when the next noob urgently needs help for the same problem, the long time memba's need to explain it all over again, whereas if posted as a thread its there for all to see.
Chat is nice for members to get to know each other but it does slow the forum down, so perhaps a vip chat kinda thing for long time members ? ajax chat is a nice system that is easy to incorporate into an allready running site, anyone in the channel can see who else is on and the buffer can be set to like 10 mins or 100 lines or something so there is none of the risk associated with logs.

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

olderROM
#24 Posted : 6/2/2009 7:10:59 AM

Alfred

people should try to just idol in the undernet irc channel?
All of the posts made are hypothetical and for educatiunal/entertainmint purposes only. SWIM (a fictional chaaracter) and his activities are completely fictional.

Xstacy
#25 Posted : 6/2/2009 7:40:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The only problem I have with the IRC route is the fact that you are connected to a public server on the global IRC network which is known for script kiddie bs. I would suggest a simple private IRC on the same or a chat add on to whatever prog YAF etc. I will not be connected to the undernet sorry, but its terrible IMO.
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

'Coatl
#26 Posted : 6/2/2009 6:13:36 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I would really love a live chat! Can we please have one?!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

olderROM
#27 Posted : 6/21/2009 1:16:42 AM

Alfred

I am on IRC now =P undernet #DMT-Nexus
All of the posts made are hypothetical and for educatiunal/entertainmint purposes only. SWIM (a fictional chaaracter) and his activities are completely fictional.

olderROM
#28 Posted : 6/29/2009 5:06:50 AM

Alfred

I have a webpage. If someone wants to give me the source to upload online... I will try to do it and host it. We really need an active chatroom.

Baffald
#29 Posted : 6/29/2009 2:46:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am all for a chat feature. I really don't think it is that complicated as I have some friends that run a few fishing sites and if they can do it, I am sure you guys can.

soulfood
#30 Posted : 6/29/2009 8:50:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

This sort of thing should be put to vote with power of vito given to any mods.

Xstacy
#31 Posted : 6/30/2009 6:18:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If these forums are run on a linux box I can add a web-based chat Razz Ive done it before but I doubt anyone is gonna give a stranger a shell account. Just something like http://www.dmt-neuxus.com/chat. (add the app to a new dir off the www dir. They arent hard to do. If its windows, I would have to do some research but I am confident I can do just about anything with a server.
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

olderROM
#32 Posted : 6/30/2009 6:24:24 AM

Alfred

c'mon mods! come to our rescue here!

Xstacy
#33 Posted : 6/30/2009 6:36:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Trav check out this link if its nix with Mysql:

http://linux.softpedia.c...y-Simple-Chat-7472.shtml

seems simple and effective. I installed it in about 5 minutes. Learning how it works heh. Its really easy to use and not too bad.

mattimus
#34 Posted : 6/30/2009 5:22:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe a simple ajax one would be better?, I could make one that just requires a php file or 2 and a txt file.
Only the last 20 lines or w/e we would decide would be saved in the text file

Im in IRC too, ill try to idle if u wanna hook up the Op, I have modded channels before
The above is quoted from www.google.com

Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful.

olderROM
#35 Posted : 7/1/2009 12:44:14 AM

Alfred

The one thing that would suck about live chat... is it might kill a lot of valuable discussion.

olderROM
#36 Posted : 7/1/2009 4:58:57 AM

Alfred

yay! our first realtime chat going on in.....
us.undernet.org:6667
#dmt-nexus

Infundibulum
#37 Posted : 7/1/2009 12:42:22 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

olderROM wrote:
The one thing that would suck about live chat... is it might kill a lot of valuable discussion.

That's why there's not such a chat. SWIM's not very enthusiastic about the live chat idea anyways. What kind of discussions can one have there? "Chemistry"-based discussions are mo0re suted for the forum where things are archived.

Plus, i cannot stop thinking about all the pranks one can do in a chatroom; I presume I can register my nick as "olderROM" or any else nexus member's nick, right?Twisted Evil

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

mattimus
#38 Posted : 7/1/2009 3:58:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It fun to chat with people who have similar feelings about existence and meanings of life though... these type of discussions are more fun to have live
The above is quoted from www.google.com

Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful.

kungpow
#39 Posted : 7/1/2009 8:58:46 PM

Brandon

I know I would enjoy a live chat option, but I don't think that it should be used for questions. It should just be used for shootin the shit. I agree that a live chat option might lessen the amount of info that is put into the forum. As long as we are all just bs'in it should be fine though.

mugwump77
#40 Posted : 7/4/2009 4:11:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well, i'm late to the discussion, but i have to say as much as i would like real time convos with at least 90% of the people on this forum i agree that the potential loss of documented info would be a loss.

honestly when things get on a roll forums work pretty well for me. plus i've never been a chatroom fan,so maybe i'm not the most impartial judge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxfODAGWjW4

Advertising is tax deductible, so we all pay for the privilege of being manipulated and controlled.
-Noam Chomsky

Do you think that the amoeba ever dreamed that it would evolve into the frog? Of course it didn't. And when that first frog shimmied out of the water and employed its vocal cords in order to attract a mate or to retard a predator, do you think that that frog ever imagined that that incipient croak would evolve into all the languages of the world, into all the literature of the world? Of course it fucking didn't. And just as that froggy could never possibly have conceived of Shakespeare, so we can never possibly imagine our destiny.
-Naked (1993)

PREV123NEXT