We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
could we have a realtime chatbox pweze? Options

shoe
#1 Posted : 2/11/2009 5:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anyone for this?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 2/11/2009 10:47:52 PM

The Great Namah

I think there was a discussion about this not too long ago.

It would be a lot of work for The Traveler, it would be hard to moderate, and we would loose a lot of possibly good information.

I still think it's not the best idea...but its not my call.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

shoe
#3 Posted : 2/20/2009 6:10:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

blah, I was just wanting to have a normal conversation with you guys. Because the forum kinda forces the chat into various categories.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

LiquidxTrance
#4 Posted : 2/21/2009 4:08:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Rather than a chatbox, I'd highly recommend an open IRC chat channel. There is one active for another forum I frequent and it's a great little add-on for people with some time to kill and ideas to ponder. They're really simple to create and I can speak with a friend of mine about writing/letting me borrow his code for a chatbot so that the channel can stay open even if no one is currently active within.

Any support?

rellik
#5 Posted : 2/21/2009 5:59:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i think a nexus irc would be a great addition Smile cool idea, LiquidxTrance. though we would have to make sure to remember and post relevant info that goes on in discussions pertaining forum matters. this place is such a information and research gold mine.
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

DMTripper
#6 Posted : 2/21/2009 10:50:11 PM

John Murdoch IV

#dmt-nexus sounds good to me Smile

Haven't used irc for a long time and kinda miss it.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

xx13w7xx
#7 Posted : 2/22/2009 11:59:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@Traveler!

Hey Man, no stress...

My buddy moderates another forum with a shoutbox and it really isn't that much of a hassle to implement into the forums.

If you need help I'm sure there would be many members here that would help you with the 'dirty work'. I think that a shoutbox would be a wonderful thing to have here at DMT-Nexus. What my buddy does too is adds a "Shoutbox Moments To Remember" section to the forums, where people can copy and paste helpful, ground breaking, or just plain funny conversations, that way everyone can be a part of it.

The Obelisk To a New Life

GirlsHateMe
#8 Posted : 2/23/2009 12:50:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
#dmt-nexus sounds good to me Smile

Haven't used irc for a long time and kinda miss it.

what server?
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:12-13

GHM is an internet handle, a fictional one at that, the person I portray in no way depicts real life actions and or opinions. After all, whats the internet for besides pretending to be someone you arent! Also, no girls do not really hate me.

40oztofreedom
#9 Posted : 2/23/2009 2:10:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm down with it.

As long as people still remember to post all of the goodies, and important things we talk about.

Would it be possible just to log the conversations?
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

GirlsHateMe
#10 Posted : 2/23/2009 8:38:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah you go ahead and log your irc convos, that way if they bust you they have a nice record of all our ip addresses and conversations.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:12-13

GHM is an internet handle, a fictional one at that, the person I portray in no way depicts real life actions and or opinions. After all, whats the internet for besides pretending to be someone you arent! Also, no girls do not really hate me.

40oztofreedom
#11 Posted : 2/23/2009 3:56:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well then we wouldn't now would we?

Its why I asked. Razz
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

antrocles
#12 Posted : 2/23/2009 4:12:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is in support of a chat option. sometimes you just get on a roll with someone and want to ask a couple q's and get some a's pronto.....
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

rellik
#13 Posted : 2/24/2009 1:47:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i would imagine it would increase bandwidth requirements alot more than they are now. true?
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

olderROM
#14 Posted : 2/24/2009 5:05:34 AM

Alfred

for now I will suggest /server us.undernet.org:6667 and /join #dmt-nexus
All of the posts made are hypothetical and for educatiunal/entertainmint purposes only. SWIM (a fictional chaaracter) and his activities are completely fictional.

Phlux-
#15 Posted : 3/24/2009 8:47:24 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

nobody is there ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

The Traveler
#16 Posted : 3/24/2009 7:54:13 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Phlux- wrote:
nobody is there ?

I'm there on this right moment but indeed, nobody else. Pleased

Cy
#17 Posted : 4/1/2009 6:56:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you know, i was just thinking how nice it would be to have a chat feature. That way immediate frustrating questions can be simply solved.
^

tolu
#18 Posted : 4/17/2009 6:12:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bad idea if you're thinking of having a channel on a public irc server (that you don't own) for discussion of illegal drugs.
You're making the man's job ten times easier and it will probably get more negative attention than positive.
You could make your self anonymous if you wanted to, but I don't think many people at the nexus would know how to tunnel securely through multiple boxes over various countries.

The Traveler can be forced to hand over logs of the nexus (IP address and all) at any time, you're in trouble if anything you've wrote can be used against you.

Aegle
#19 Posted : 5/18/2009 12:07:31 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

I am in great favour of a chatbox for sure on the site its self Very happy. I'm not so keen on a chat on a public irc server though.

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

nibpack
#20 Posted : 5/18/2009 12:23:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tolu wrote:

The Traveler can be forced to hand over logs of the nexus (IP address and all) at any time, you're in trouble if anything you've wrote can be used against you.

Doesnt 'the man' need a warrant for this?
"My shoes are so far away from me, man I can't believe it!"

123NEXT