We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Revolutionary extraction method! Options

Fuego
#1 Posted : 2/11/2009 12:34:33 AM

Riggly Maynard Charlston Bentsworth |||

Location: my secret volcano lair, really everyone should have one its so cool
Requires no nonpolar solvent at all. only household materials!! (well, i guess if you want to get ph paper too that might help, and i supose you probably don't get the mimosa from your house lol)

What you do need:

baking soda
vinegar
mimosa bark
coffee filter
t-shirt
ph-paper (until the tek is more refined)
a few containers (plastic, glass, anything that can hold a liquid rele.. but make sure the contents of at least one of them are easily accessable with a razorblade)
funnel
refrigerator
a baking sheet
water

the exact details are not yet set in stone, but nothing needs to be exact with this tek anyways so its all good Very happy

put your ground up bark and enough vinegar to cover it all in one container, strain it with something other than the coffee filter (a t-shirt will work) into another container. do it three times, you know.

take your vinegar and let it sit and wait for a bunch of stuff to settle to the bottom then pour off as much vinegar as you can.. run the rest of the gunk at the bottom through the coffee filter and funnel. save the liquid.

take some baking soda and pour it out onto your baking pan... preheat your oven to 480 degreese f. bake the baking soda for an hour to give you sodium carbonate.

pour in enough sodium carbonate (slowly, it fizzes) to bring the ph to about 9 (but dont pour in over 70 grams per 100ml of vinegar).

stirr it around shake it around whatever (after the fizzing stops of course) and youll see it get cloudy and start to form a precipitate (dmt)

add some salt watter (half the volume of vinegar is good, and i dont think it matters how much salt as long as theres alot.. not supersaturated or anything... this only makes the solution more polar to get the dmt to fall out faster

let it all settle to the bottom then put it in a bath of boiling water, the dmt at the bottom should get melty. take it out of the bath and wait for it to reach room temp. after that put it in the fridge (NOT THE FREEZER, your water will start to freeze, although with that much solute im not too sure it would freeze at normal freezing temp.. it should drop the freezing point a bit)

but then all you need to do is decant it and pour it through another coffee filter, then wash it with more sodium carbonate solution until its nice and clear.

thats it! cheers

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 2/11/2009 12:53:02 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Has SWIY tried that tek? Has he smoked the product? I would be pretty interested if one could post a picture of the resulting spice!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Fuego
#3 Posted : 2/11/2009 1:10:12 AM

i havnt done it strait from rootbark yet, but i used it to clean up some plastic laiden spice (from a bad xylene extraction where the plasticy baby snot remover that i was using melted and dried into the spice)... in theory it should work for bark. the resulting dmt is the most pure stuff ive ever had! it was nice and waxy and tasted AMAZING. not harsh AT ALL. it was like drinking a psychedelic root beer float!

the only reason it wouldnt yeild crystal clear spice would be a reaction between the sodium carbonate and things in the rootbark-vinegar yeilding a product that is insoluble in water (and therefore precipitates with the dmt). i doubt this will happen.

i have a girl giving me a bunch of bark (because her boyfreind who had it to make aya was deported to brasil for unrelated things) that she had and isnt going to use (and doesnt know how to use it). ill try the tek and post up my results. i also want to do a regular STB tek and compare yeilds and purity.

69ron
#4 Posted : 2/11/2009 1:11:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm excited about this one, that's for sure. Even if it's dirty, if it's smokeable as is, that's good enough.

That tech is similar to another method SWIM used that relied on salt to get DMT HCl out of solution. DMT HCl is very poorly soluble in salt water. It worked but not that well. It needs tweaking.

Salt is quite useful in a lot of situations.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

rellik
#5 Posted : 2/11/2009 1:36:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cool info, thank you!

as an extension, dagger's CWE percolator may work well as a step one rather than soak and filter.

did you (or would it help to) reduce the vinegar post soak at all before baseing and salting?
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

Fuego
#6 Posted : 2/11/2009 12:33:11 PM

possibly before basing but im not sure about the salting... half of the reason im adding more water instead of just adding salt is to increase the volume of water so all the sodium acetate (the byproduct of the sodium carbonate and the acetic acid) dissolves so when you put it in the fridge it doesnt all fall out with the dmt.

lebmug
#7 Posted : 2/11/2009 2:15:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is interesting indeed... o0
Looking forward to seeing the results!Smile

Infundibulum
#8 Posted : 2/12/2009 12:05:31 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Yeah, it does work when already purified spice-salt is dissolved in water, then basified. In this case freebase dmt takes 2-3 days to precipitate if a centrifuge is not used.

It may be more difficult or even much more lengthy to precipitate freebase dmt out of basified bark. Freebase dmt may be kept in suspension almost indefinitely by virtue of the viscosity of the broth or the interactions with other molecules present in the broth.

These are very important consideration that could make the tek fail.

I feel that whoever would like to try that he/she should also consider the following:

1) clean the broth as much as possible. Egg white may help get rid of tannins I've read. There might be other tricks to get rid of most of the colour.

2) let the acidic broth sit in the fridge for a day or so before basifying. This can allow for crap to precipitate while the salted dmt stays in solution. When the broth is basified, less crap may precipitate out.

3) It's could be good to use large amounts of water. Maybe 4 litres per 100g of bark? The already mentioned percolator would be perfect.

Good luck with anyone trying that out!

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 2/12/2009 6:39:45 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Here ya go!

Thanks Dagger, this is really good to know. But where one can find gelatin and how exactly can be used? won't it melt in the aya brew?

coz42
#10 Posted : 2/12/2009 7:05:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Like the jello gelatin or like the collagen stuff? I'm sure it will will be filtered away via t-shirt
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

69ron
#11 Posted : 2/12/2009 7:21:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How much gelatin is recommended for say 100 grams of herb?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

geeg30
#12 Posted : 2/13/2009 1:35:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Instead of 'baking' baking soda for an hour to make sodium carbonate why don't you just use a pot on a hotplate? It only takes 5 - 10 mins depending on the amount wanted. Quick and easy.

It would probably even work this way to dry epsom salts (haven't tried this one YET)

Would the 27% gelatin work for clearing out a rue extraction?
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

nux
#13 Posted : 2/15/2009 1:01:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
"Fuego" wrote:
let it all settle to the bottom then put it in a bath of boiling water, the dmt at the bottom should get melty.

What is the point of putting it in a bath of boiling water? It has already formed a precipitate. What is better about the melty stuff?

I guess it was the idea that made this tek, the idea that the DMT in the hot water would melt together and form a kind of blob that would solidify when the temperature go low. Then you would get a solid single piece of pure DMT.
Unfortunately it does not work like this. SWIM tried this and the DMT did not form a blob as the water get hot, it is just spread in the whole volume of the water. So when the water temperature get low, you just get back DMT powder spread in the liquid.

Infundibulum
#14 Posted : 2/20/2009 2:44:53 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Dagger wrote:
What you do is take 27*8= ~216 ml. Or just make it 200 ml of water. Make it boil, then stir in the gelatin. Stir it until all the gelatin is in solution.

Before adding the gelatin, just stir around in the mimosa brew to get it in motion. Then just pour the gelatin into the filtered mimosa brew while you stir the brew. It should QUICKLY form big whitish particles that will fall to the bottom. This can easily be filtered out.

If you make this brew with 100 gram mimosa. It might be an idea to reduce the brew to about 1 liter before adding the gelatin solution. Should help the gelatin bind to more tannins.

If you decide to use, say 33 gram of gelatin, you may end up with a whitish brew. But this whitish colour is probably more particles it binds to, but it does not clump together. The strange thing, is that if you first do 27 gram, then filter it out, and add gelatin solution to the brew again, it will not react with the brew for some reason.

Dagger, when you add the water dissolved gelatin in the mimosa brew, what the temperature of the mimosa brew need to be? Hot/warm/room temp/cold?

Does this treatment reduce the nausea?