CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678
Acacia Extraction Workspace Options

DreaMTripper
#141 Posted : 8/19/2016 1:20:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah limo is non polar, joshisoms Tek is very similar to BLAB. Freeze precip is quite safe and clean if you dry the extract thoroughly afterwards. To get the cleanest extract precipitate them slowly.
First in room temp then in fridge then in the freezer. Plenty of info around as to how to do it best.

Trippy glass for trippy people.

kendo
#142 Posted : 8/20/2016 11:57:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up
WARNING: This Kendo character is a massive dreamer and all posts to be be taken as works of pure fiction

Tosee
#143 Posted : 9/15/2016 5:11:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Magnificent

acacian
#144 Posted : 10/2/2016 12:08:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

2 separate tests on a. floribunda in the new england area (heading in the direction of grafton) were done by a friend recently and both yielded an alkaloid psychoactive and "tryptamine-like" in effects.. but seemingly no DMT present (or if present in very small amounts)

.. bioassay of around 60-100mg (dont have scales) has yielded odd physical effects.. an initial "fast flickering kind of burning effect in the temple region of the head" which quickly wore off and transitioned into a mild "stoning effect" with a constant "hissing" percieved in my head.. a few experiences where I've taken a large doses consecutively have actually resulted in some very mild psychedelic effects .. mild trails.. and blue coloured pixels with the eyes closed too which was interesting as I remember nen mentioning that effect on a write up on nmt bioassay..

interesting extract.. floribunda so far in this area seems lacking in dmt.. but a good ally for meditation. I remember Seldom saying a while back that he thought the ones around here were a "red herring".. so maybe the ones in this area don't have dmt

much differen't extract to the ones I tested down in less urbanised areas of victoria which yielded a potent extract..

DreaMTripper
#145 Posted : 9/18/2017 8:28:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wanted to encourage more research into acacia sophorae, absolutely loads of it around on the East coast of Australia, so much its classifies as a weed.
I'm not too sure what it's preference/tolerance for saline soils would mean..

twitchy
#146 Posted : 7/18/2019 10:26:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
the Simple PHYLLODE TEK

this is presented in the interests of sustainability (because of the damage done to trees for their bark), and for those who are growing acacias and want them to live long and happy lives..

essentially, a few reported findings of low percentages of alkaloids in phyllodes in the past (by Mulga and others) and phyllode extraction failures are probably due to failure on Step 1 of this procedure

1. Thoroughly DRY the phyllodes, by sun. fan or oven. What will interfere with extraction is chlorophyll and volatile fatty acids.
2. Chop or grind by hand, blender etc.
3. Cover in mixture 50/50 distilled water and white vinegar, and boil vigorously for 30-40 minutes. Save liquid and repeat this another 2-3 times. Combine the 3-4 liquid fractions, filter judiciously, reduce volume by boiling till slightly thick, leave to sit overnight.
4. Very gradually add NaOH. The solution will first become cloudy, then dark again. Do not go far beyond this point. In other words, do not overbasify. The pH should be between 11-12.5 ideally, if a pH meter is available. Also add a small amount of fairly pure sodium chloride (salt). Allow to cool.
5. Add an equal volume of clean (100%) non-polar solvent (naptha, limonine etc) and shake vigorously for several minutes. Allow to settle into two layers, sometimes a few hours. If does not properly separate add small amounts of NaOH to break emulsion. Separate solvent and wash by adding salty water/NaOH. Separate again, and evaporate solvent. And then be very patient. A few days if necessary. Resulting solid, wax or oil is the crude alkaloids, usable.

and that’s all that’s required, it need not be any more complicated than this..do not substitute other acids or bases unless you are well experienced in extraction, and willing to experiment..just pay attention the whole time

if someone can’t follow this procedure, they should not be doing extractions..

Acacias can respond well to careful and sensitive pruning, so the gardner can enjoy their long grown trees, and their inner joy.

I cringe everytime I see one of those 'I found an acacia tree' posts or threads... I was glad to see this post, there's so many horror stories of rare and protected species of Acacias being basically stripped of bark and left to die. It reminded me of what happened to Buffalo in the US in the late 1800's. They are beautiful trees, can be overwintered in a sunny window if you are outside of their habitat, and don't mind pruning at all in my experience. I don't have much to add to this thread, but wanted to bump that post in particular as it is indeed a great stride towards sustainability. Madenii and accuminata are the two most discussed phyllode sources, but I've heard of several others as well... would be great to see a list of Acacia spp. with active phyllodes only. I've also seen burkittii mentioned in this context, don't know about simplex but they taste bitter and the stems are supposed to be one of the most potent of the genus.
I also read that maidenii are frost tolerant... a plague on whoever put that on the internet, I lost three of them one year to an early frost I thought they would survive LOL
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Chimp Z
#147 Posted : 8/6/2019 5:06:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I took a look at 15 Acacia species' extracts and the only one that glowed in blacklight was A. Longifolia.
I wonder if that's just random or maybe indicating harmala alkaloids?
Chimp Z attached the following image(s):
acacia long 3.jpg (1,124kb) downloaded 89 time(s).

«PREV678