We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
A Guide to DMT Enhanced Leaf (Changa) Options

smokeydaze
#81 Posted : 5/24/2009 11:33:02 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

warrensaged wrote:
Or is all that just not necessary?

Check out The DMT Handbook for pictures, nothing of the sought really happens.

Infundibulum wrote:
SWIM wonders how different is that from simply mixing thoroughly some spice powder with an equal amount of plant material and then smoking it.

It's different but very similar. Technically though that method would just be a pain in the ass - when making enhanced leaf you are left with a nice clean product.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

soulman
#82 Posted : 5/24/2009 11:57:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
it kinda makes the smoke extremely transparent..like...it almost makes it feel like you arent smoking something...and the taste goes sooo well with dmt and bufotenine..its unbelievable...

peppermint is familiar to everyone as well..its comforting..and it really blends well with the spices...its wonderful

SWIM thinks is really one of the most important herbs in the mix..

could you add a few drops of peppermint oil to the mix?
Would that work?
You have to go within or you go without

Drake
#83 Posted : 5/25/2009 2:02:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know about the method with making Changa with the solvent but... I am going with what Bancopuma suggested to me when I asked him some questions.

Quote:
up to you though man, go with your thoughts...should be a very smooth smoke though!

Yeah I like my method. Some people think it may not mix the DMT evenly enough in to the herbs, but I haven't found that to be a problem, and this is the way Julian, the changa overlord himself, as well as one of my friends here, recommend how to do it.

If you decide to go the solvent route any of those would be fine, although Acetone does seem particularly recommended.

No worries man will go through the method in detail...always good to now what one is doing before hand.

Prepare your herb mix to the proportions you want. Lay these out in a pyrex dish, which is then placed to sit on a large pot of gently simmering water. Sprinkle the required dose of DMT crystals evenly on top of their herbs (a 1/3 - 1/2 strength, maybe a 1/3 strength to start with).

Put a lid on above the pyrex dish and pot for a few minutes and allow the DMT to melt in (doesn't take much for DMT to melt). Stir the DMT evenly into the herbs.

Turn off the heat, and remove the pyrex dish, put it somewhere to dry, maybe stir it a few times, maybe out of direct sunlight, won't take long to dry, like 10/15 mins.

Then store in a baggie somewhere in a tin until use.

Who els has tried this method? It seems even easier then going with solvents, and more natural! Would not mind what others think!
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

Jorkest
#84 Posted : 5/25/2009 3:27:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

doesnt sound like a bad way at all...all you would have to do is be careful of the temperature..you would not want to start vaporizing the dmt...so a temp of around 100-110 F would probably be just about perfect..

this WILL work...its just...it wont be quite as even as using a solvent..but if you mix it up good enough..it should work
it's a sound

obliguhl
#85 Posted : 5/25/2009 8:00:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You would want the dmt to be evenly spread, so using a solvent should work much better than just sprinkling the spice....

memo
#86 Posted : 5/25/2009 8:55:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is making Changa with just Pau D'Arco trying to do a 1:1 mix. The problem is that Pau D'Arco is heavy bark tea and the dmt is light so the volume of DMT is much greater than the volume of Pau D'Arco. We'll see how it turns out. It won't be much. .5gr Pau D'Arco only looks like a few bowls worth. We'll have to see if it can even abosorb all the crystals.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

obliguhl
#87 Posted : 5/25/2009 9:13:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I've found having a half cone to start with followed by a full one

So this would translate to something like 0.15 + 0.3g Changa = 75 + 150mg= 225mg spice?

Infundibulum
#88 Posted : 5/25/2009 9:28:38 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

obliguhl wrote:
You would want the dmt to be evenly spread, so using a solvent should work much better than just sprinkling the spice....

But still, SWIM's friend deosn't actually want the dmt to be evenly spread. He actually wants to smoke the herbs together with the dmt.

For this reason, he packs his waterbong with leaves-dmt-leaves. Dmt is not evenly spread but smokes beautifully.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

smokeydaze
#89 Posted : 5/25/2009 9:35:40 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

obliguhl wrote:

Correctomundo.
memo wrote:
SWIM is making Changa with just Pau D'Arco trying to do a 1:1 mix. The problem is that Pau D'Arco is heavy bark tea and the dmt is light so the volume of DMT is much greater than the volume of Pau D'Arco. We'll see how it turns out. It won't be much. .5gr Pau D'Arco only looks like a few bowls worth. We'll have to see if it can even abosorb all the crystals.

Happy for you memo, you won't be the slightest bit disappointed!

Maybe post some pics of the Darco you got, mine is pretty herby stuff and even though 1/2 gram isn't much there still should be a little bit there. Maybe when you have more spice you can put 3 or 4 grams of it in there - I had about 8 grams of Darco in our last batch and it was so awesome to gaze at after it was dry. Very happy

Also if it's 1:1 it will have no problem taking on all the DMT. I've done much over that before, in terms of more dmt, and it still sticks to it so should be fine.

obliguhl wrote:
So this would translate to something like 0.15 + 0.3g Changa = 75 + 150mg= 225mg spice?

Hmm, say what? Depends on the size of your cone and how finely the stuff is chopped and what the ratio was, I guess. Don't make it too complicated, just smoke it Pleased

Drake
#90 Posted : 5/25/2009 12:10:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:

Very true. But I cannot see myself making big lots. Seens as melting the Spice seems so much faster and easier, I am willing to just melt the 10 mg on top of the 100mg of herbs. I don't think it would matter at that dose, it would be like a fraction of a mg out. Unless it was sprinkled on carelessly. If that fails, it might work better with just 30-40mg of herbs.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

smokeydaze
#91 Posted : 5/25/2009 12:26:05 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Yea that's pretty much just the normal sandwich method of smoking it, ie like Infundibulum said putting herb down on your cone and then spice. If you want to make relatively large (even small) batches of Enhanced Leaf, solvent is the only way..

Drake
#92 Posted : 5/25/2009 1:08:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recon I am going to try a number of different methods. Solvent the last thing on the list of methods to try Razz . By the way, very nice update to the 1st post!

I am thinking I would like to try a mix like this:

Passion Flower - MAOI which potentiates and lengthens the experience
Bannisteriopsis Caapi - Adds a spirit quality and potentiates and lengthens the experience
Peppermint: Adds fresh soothing qualities
Mullein: Respiratory healing and soothing qualities
Silene Capensis: African dream herb
Calea Zacatechichi: The dream herb allows for a perfect synergy
Mugwort - Pretty sure Mugwort helps with vivid dreams. A fast quote from Extremeherbs.com

Quote:
Mugwort is regarded as one of the ancient magical plants. Respected throughout medieval Europe and Asia, it was known as Mother of Herbs. Mugwort is said to keep away evil spirits and bad luck, and when placed under your pillow induces vivid dreams. The American Indians used it for colds, rheumatism, wounds and fever and many modern herbalists prescribe Mugwort for bruises and to stop excessive menstrual bleeding.

Now that's a big list of herbs, so ratios would need to be ah... small I guess. probably something like 1:1, or els if its like 1:2, you will have 140mg of herb to smoke... Then again, maybe make it 2:1-3:1? Now I am not sure if 140mg or so of herbs is a lot to smoke in one go, I am pretty sure its a crap load. So just having a stronger dose of Spice should work yeah? Correct me on this, I still have not tried spice yet Crying or very sad .

I had two herbs aimed at adding much more length to the trip. Two herbs to make it more soothing. And three herbs aims to maybe help remember the trip much better. Now correct me on this matter. Stacking two herbs that are meant to lengthen a trip, will this method lengthen the trip even more? Or just better off using the one herb to lengthen the trip?

Now if anyone tries this overkill combo Shocked , and its lucky enough to be really good... Well then I name it Emerald Dream! I can only know how good it is untill I can damn well smoke my own spice! Waiting hurts Crying or very sad .

How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

Observant
#93 Posted : 5/25/2009 1:25:27 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Indeed a nice Update on the first post Smile

Quote:
Ayahuasca Android: 50% Caapi - 50% Chaliponga

I'm sure this Blend should be basified somehow before adding to the mix - for even more activity.
Thats why I made this thread a while ago - there must be an easy way to prepare Basified Herbal Compounds for Changa..

Well Very happy Have a beautiful day , Nexus
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

smokeydaze
#94 Posted : 5/25/2009 1:41:11 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Yea interesting associativum, but like Ron said smoking the leafs with Caapi as well should work.

Drake wrote:
Mugwort - Pretty sure Mugwort helps with vivid dreams. A fast quote from Extremeherbs.com
Now that's a big list of herbs, so ratios would need to be ah... small I guess. probably something like 1:1, or els if its like 1:2, you will have 140mg of herb to smoke... Then again, maybe make it 2:1-3:1? Now I am not sure if 140mg or so of herbs is a lot to smoke in one go, I am pretty sure its a crap load. So just having a stronger dose of Spice should work yeah? Correct me on this, I still have not tried spice yet Crying or very sad .

I had two herbs aimed at adding much more length to the trip. Two herbs to make it more soothing. And three herbs aims to maybe help remember the trip much better. Now correct me on this matter. Stacking two herbs that are meant to lengthen a trip, will this method lengthen the trip even more? Or just better off using the one herb to lengthen the trip?

Interesting blend Drake, doesn't hurt to mix things up. Thanks for the heads up on Mugwort, added a description and moved it from Miscellaneous.

Having the two wouldn't make it even longer, would just add different aspects from each.

Contact
#95 Posted : 5/25/2009 1:42:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm wondering why this thread isn't sticky yet...

Just got my herbs in Today... will report tonight!! Very happy Very happy Cool Cool
There is more than we can see with our eyes open

Bancopuma
#96 Posted : 5/25/2009 1:46:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just want to defend my 'au natural' method,

The heat of the simmering water below the pyrex dish is only sufficient to melt the DMT, none is lost through vapour, although one is aware of the smell...the aim is to provide the minimum amount of heat to just melt the DMT.

The herbs are gently shaken, and spread out very evenly and thinly across the pyrex dish. The DMT is then sprinkled evenly over these herbs. The DMT is melted and mixed in. To me this seems to produce a pretty even mix, both in theory, and having tested the results.

When using solvents, is not some of the DMT lost as a residue on the side of whatever vessel one is using?

smokeydaze
#97 Posted : 5/25/2009 1:58:25 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Yea I'm not putting it down, each to their own. It would still work, it's just that using a solvent is very effective and easy. Nothing's lost as the DMT absorbs and binds to the leaf - anytime there is residue it's in tiny amount and I just scrap it up and put it all together. Your method wouldn't be able to get the DMT at that perfect consistency and bind to the leaf so effectively, and although the experience would be essentially the same it would also be slightly different.

Also, congrats Contact!

Bancopuma
#98 Posted : 5/25/2009 7:19:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah ok I think you've brainwashed me...acetone will be used next time.

Jorkest
#99 Posted : 5/25/2009 8:17:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

just make sure you let your herbs breathe for awhile before smoking..also grind and mix them after they are 'dry'...acetone in lungs...no fun
it's a sound

smokeydaze
#100 Posted : 5/26/2009 1:08:00 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Coschi suggests to chop it down to the consistency you wish to smoke it at before you enhance it.

Also, I'm hearing of people using pipes to smoke it - Bong Bong Bong people!! I've never tried it using a pipe but I would assume it's no where near as pleasurable on the lungs and you wouldn't be able to get big cones down all in one hit?

«PREV34567NEXT»