We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
smoking out of a pipe/bong Options

Desos
#1 Posted : 2/9/2009 3:30:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

so i have read that in order to smoke out of a pipe or bong you just load some kind of herb either side of the spice and make a sandwich type deal. then you are supposed to melt the dmt into the herb and smoke it?

my question is do you just smoke the herb like normal after the dmt has been melted into it? and how long does it usually take to melt the dmt into the herb and what is the best method for doing this?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Nanaki
#2 Posted : 2/9/2009 4:08:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In a glass pipe, put spice on top of some ash. SWIM still does that with the VaporGenie he got, since he doesn't smoke any other herbs. The ash is actually from a friend since SWIM doesn't smoke cigs either.

Melting the spice into the herb/ash isn't absolutely necessary. Just keeps it from moving around if you move the pipe a lot. Hold the flame near it, it should melt in a few seconds.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

DarkShaman
#3 Posted : 2/9/2009 6:33:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher
#4 Posted : 2/9/2009 6:48:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try a hash oil bulb attachment and jet lighter. My FOAF says it works like a charm.

Desos
#5 Posted : 2/9/2009 8:10:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

but once you melt the dmt into the herb can you just burn the herb like normal? it seems like that would burn the dmt rather than vaporising it.

Bill Cipher
#6 Posted : 2/9/2009 8:17:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you use a bulb, there's no need for herb.

DarkShaman
#7 Posted : 2/9/2009 10:12:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Desos wrote:
but once you melt the dmt into the herb can you just burn the herb like normal? it seems like that would burn the dmt rather than vaporising it.

Works like a charm, trust me Smile

Desos
#8 Posted : 2/9/2009 11:32:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
If you use a bulb, there's no need for herb.

i <3 my bong. i kind of wanted to smoke out of it. it might get pissed that i cheated on it if i used a bulb. lol.

soulfood
#9 Posted : 2/10/2009 12:11:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

SWIM stopped using leaf after it caught the lighter a few times. Ash is much more forgiving.

DarkShaman
#10 Posted : 2/10/2009 5:31:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
SWIM stopped using leaf after it caught the lighter a few times. Ash is much more forgiving.

No question. Herbals hog the hit. I prefer the fullness & TKO of huge, slow pure-dmt bong rips.

Desos
#11 Posted : 2/10/2009 8:32:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:

what do you mean it caught the lighter? also what did you use for ash?

and there won't be any other effects from using parsley, will there? i don't think you can get high on parsley, heh.

hedcase
#12 Posted : 5/2/2009 5:09:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Desos wrote:
soulfood wrote:

what do you mean it caught the lighter? also what did you use for ash?

and there won't be any other effects from using parsley, will there? i don't think you can get high on parsley, heh.

The price would be far higher if you could.Very happy
On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

idtravlr
#13 Posted : 5/2/2009 8:54:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Desos wrote:

Desos - Here is the deal: Ideally you don't want to melt the spice into the herb. What you really want to find is that perfect point of where the spice starts to vaporize AS it's melting. Some of the bottom layer of spice will undoubtedly melt into the herb, but hopefully you can get most of it as vapor. This is an EXTREMELY hit-and-miss technique however, hence why most people suggest ash as opposed to herb. Ash is denser and more compact, as well as less absorbent than herb of any kind, so the spice is much more likely to "float" on top of the ash and vaporize properly instead of melting in. To answer your question though, once the spice is melted into the herb, you really don't have a choice but to just fire up the herb. Yes, you will burn the spice if you do this, and you'll likely get a very harsh hit, but you will at least get a hit, possibly quite effective, but realize that you will also waste some of the dose and put your lungs through trauma that isn't required.

Honestly, if you really want to do it right, as others have suggested, you need some kind of bulb-type glass pipe that you can heat from the outside and gently warm the spice to vaporization point. Lacking any specific type of freebase style pipe you can also use a bulb style glass herb pipe, BUT you load the spice inside of it (in through the carb hole) and heat the bottom of the glass to vaporize the spice. This can work quite well actually.

As far as your bong goes, I'm sure it understands what you're going for here, and I can't imagine it will feel "cheated on" simply because it knows that it's not meant for this specific purpose. I think it will support your use of another tool! Cool
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

smokeydaze
#14 Posted : 5/2/2009 8:58:28 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

I only use a bong and find it very very good.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

amor_fati
#15 Posted : 5/3/2009 9:34:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Get a copper scrubber, cut a piece off, burn off the coating with a torch (basically until it stops smoking), stuff it in the bowl of a bubbler and ensure adequate air passage (if it's too tight, the spice will melt around it and into the stem). Melt the spice into the mesh and use a regular lighter or carefully use a torch lighter. SWIM uses a regular lighter, drawing the flame toward the mesh, but trying not to let it touch. SWIM only uses a torch to clear the bowl.