We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1920212223NEXT»
For FAQ's Sake... Options

NeverWinter
#401 Posted : 12/28/2013 4:49:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As a noob 1st timer SWIM , wants to know after harvesting mushrooms from grow kit and putting them in an air tight glass bowl on paper towels with silica gel(to absorb the humidity) under them but not touching them a course it is ok for drying ?or bad?and does he eats the cap only or the foot can be eaten as well(when fresh or dried)?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

proxopata
#402 Posted : 1/5/2014 12:20:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

is it possible to smoke DMT by putting some amount on the bottom of an empty syrup bottle (amber glass i think, or at least the colour), closing the cap and heating the DMT from the bottom with a lighter, wait till it starts to vaporize and then just open cap and take a hit?

Some people sucessfully smoke DMT from a pipe, and also seen methods involving a bottle end cut and replaced with tin foil and DMT placed there and heated from the bottom with a lighter - the guy in the video claimed it works pretty well.

What is about the metal that seems to make effective DMT smoking methods,? What about the glass?

cheers

cyb
#403 Posted : 1/5/2014 12:26:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

The Mod Team wrote:
...Reminder...

This thread has been created due to a spike in questions that are easily answerable just by reading the FAQ, wiki, major threads, etc. Doing the proper research and taking the time to actually read through the vast amount of well-indexed information are part and parcel of extracting and working with these plants and chemicals and have been major pieces of the Nexus backbone since time immemorial (or at least since its creation).

Any thread that a moderator deems to be easily answerable by using the FAQ/Wiki or doing basic research will be moved to this thread. If your thread winds up here, please take the time to do some research on the subject matter presented in your post. If after doing that research questions still remain, feel free to ask, but please take the time to do the research.

NOTE: If you find that your posts are repeatedly being moved to this thread, it is highly recommended that you take the time to read through the FAQ and other major Wiki articles as well as the stickied threads relevant to your questions before you continue to post.

Thanks Smile
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

shanedudddy2
#404 Posted : 1/10/2014 12:06:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wondering if anyone has been having the same problems as me...
I used to be able to experience DMT wonderfully on its own. However, the last few months, I have been unable to trip fully on DMT alone.
I get what I call, the DMT haze (kind of like a static/noise that is added to my vision), and a rush when inhalling, but next to 0 psychadellic experiences.
I can ONLY experience vaped DMT while under the influence of Harmala's, but even that can be a little hit or miss.
I haven't tried pharma to see if that works for me, but I believe it would.
I do not believe it's my current extracted batch, as a number of close friends have tried it with great success.
I hope i am not alone here.
I mean, I prefer to take DMT with harmalas, but I definitely like options.
Just to add, I am on no medication, except from the very occasional bong.

upload
#405 Posted : 1/10/2014 12:11:54 AM

go deep

shanedudddy2 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has been having the same problems as me...
I used to be able to experience DMT wonderfully on its own. However, the last few months, I have been unable to trip fully on DMT alone.
I get what I call, the DMT haze (kind of like a static/noise that is added to my vision), and a rush when inhalling, but next to 0 psychadellic experiences.
I can ONLY experience vaped DMT while under the influence of Harmala's, but even that can be a little hit or miss.
I haven't tried pharma to see if that works for me, but I believe it would.
I do not believe it's my current extracted batch, as a number of close friends have tried it with great success.
I hope i am not alone here.
I mean, I prefer to take DMT with harmalas, but I definitely like options.
Just to add, I am on no medication, except from the very occasional bong.

I had a similar situation with oral dmt. After a couple of failed brew attempts, I did find the "sweet spot" and had an extremely deep, oob experience with full on ego death. After this I really wanted to get back to that place and was brewing every day like a crazy man..but the experiences were only hazy, non-breakthrough journeys. The materials and brew recipe were exactly the same. I finally decided to take a couple of weeks off. After this break, I was once again allowed some deeper journeys.

cuddlybear
#406 Posted : 1/19/2014 8:36:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

extracted from mhrb using this tek http://www.disregardeverythingisay.com/post/15411034779/simple-dmt-extraction-technique

i shook the bottle too much and created an emulsion, the worst of the emulsion is gone, i used a spoon to take out the naptha, but there is loads of naptha with brown stuff in it.

i tried to filter it with a cheesecloth, and now in the jar is a bottom layer of brown naptha and a top layer of clean naptha.

how can i get rid of the brown stuff so i can do my freeze precip?

3rdI
#407 Posted : 1/19/2014 8:45:21 AM

veni, vidi, spici

you just decant of the clear stuff into your freeze precip tray and leave the brown at the bottom.

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

cuddlybear
#408 Posted : 1/19/2014 9:40:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the reply, yeah thats what i have done.

but, i have loads of brown naptha, and this naptha probably contains my biggest dmt pull because it was sitting in the mhrb jar for at least 3 days, ontop of radiator, being shaken vigourously etc.

is there anything i can do with it?

Mimosa_Man
#409 Posted : 1/19/2014 9:47:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cuddlybear wrote:
thanks for the reply, yeah thats what i have done.

but, i have loads of brown naptha, and this naptha probably contains my biggest dmt pull because it was sitting in the mhrb jar for at least 3 days, ontop of radiator, being shaken vigourously etc.

is there anything i can do with it?

I have read, BUT NOT TRIED THIS, that if you have "emulsions" i.e. plant matter or water mixed in with your naptha, to add more LYE to the mixture and shake then let sit to make the layers separate more completely.

Also RE-crystallizing after pulling the brown naptha would get rid of the nasties.

If i'm wrong here someone correct me. Good Luck Smile
"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
~Albus Dumbledore

Mimosa_Man
#410 Posted : 1/19/2014 9:57:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, the tek you are using is rather simple and will NOT pull ALL the dmt from your plant matter. check this link https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/DMT#Extraction_Teks to reveiw other teks such as "Cyb's hybrid atb salt tek" or his "max ion tek" both will yeild much more dmt.

You would know this if you took some time to properly research what you're doing instead of rushing through with this tek.

Anyhow, good luck friend Smile
"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
~Albus Dumbledore

cuddlybear
#411 Posted : 1/20/2014 3:58:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i have tried adding more lye but the mixture is roughly the same, it looks like some brown goop has left the naptha but it is still basicly brown, if frozen it just becomes like frozen mud, although this does allow me to get a little clean naptha off that isnt trapped.

i have a huge amount of naptha full of this brown shit, probably the best part of the extraction.

is it salvagable in any way at all? it just seems the brown is in a perfect mix with the naptha Neutral

Mimosa_Man
#412 Posted : 1/20/2014 6:38:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you add the entire 150ml naptha all at once as per the tek?
You shouldnt have a "huge amount" of it ever...
Max recommended naptha per pull around here is around 50ml.
Leave the solution to Evaporate until it becomes cloudy.
Retry your freeze precip
If goodies come out with nasties do a re-crystallization or 3.

Also, hard work and doing your own research is what is expected around here. Notice how I'm just handing out answers. We don't like to do that around here because the same questions have been asked hundreds of times.

There is a SEARCH button in the top right corner of the page. USE IT please.

If you aren't willing to put in the appropriate time yourself and FIND the answers then maybe you shouldn't be extracting?
~Albus Dumbledore

cuddlybear
#413 Posted : 1/20/2014 7:07:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i added 100ml at first, but the emulsion was so bad, i gave up trying to break it, read about giving it time, tried another pull in the meantime, decanted that off and it worked. then a third pull it emulsified again, so i have maybe 200ml emulsified naptha in the jar altogether.

i have used the search extensively and the main answers have been, sit it on washing machine or vibrating thing (i have neither), add naoh, add salt, time or use search.
neither salt, naoh or time have done anything.

im sorry if im asking something that seems simple, but i assure you its not from lazyness. im just very anxious for this to work and im not finding an answer thats helped.

next time i will stick rigidly to the tek's on here and will definately never again extract in circumstances where i am being rushed to produce for somebody else - which has whats led to this situation.

apologies

Mimosa_Man
#414 Posted : 1/20/2014 7:18:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And it's not even for yourself?? Seems like a LOT of trouble and risk for something you aren't even going to use.

Edit: Also, if it were me I would not go to that much trouble for someone else unless it were an extremely special situation.

Maybe I'm just being judgemental, but this seems pretty fishy to me.
~Albus Dumbledore

cuddlybear
#415 Posted : 1/20/2014 8:03:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

of course its for myself, but the deal was, my friend payed for the mhrb and i would spend the time preparing it then we split it 50/50

at first i prepared ayahuasca but it turned out to be very weak. my friend wasnt happy at all, so i quickly tried to scramble together an extraction as quickly as i could, and thats what led me to this point. not a mistake i will be making again, especially after finding this community Smile

Mimosa_Man
#416 Posted : 1/20/2014 8:11:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for doubting your reasons.

Other than just extracting the naptha, along with as little of the extra nasties as possible considering the situation, evaping, doing a sodium carbonate wash and then freeze precip and re-xing, I don't have much else I can offer in the way of help.

Hope it works out for you Smile

EDIT: When evapping leave it out in as large and shallow a dish as possible to speed the evaporation along. you can also have a "cool" fan blowing air over the dish or dishes to help speed it up.
~Albus Dumbledore

Entheogenerator
#417 Posted : 1/20/2014 11:31:22 AM

Homo discens

Sodium carbonate wash to get the brown out of the already pulled naphtha. Followed by two washes of plain distilled water to remove any traces of sodium carbonate.

For the emulsion: heat bath, salt, more lye, gentle agitation. If none of these work, try them again.

FYI: This tek is awful. For one, it just refers to "mimosa hostilis root bark" without once mentioning whether that root bark is powdered, shredded, chopped, whole, whatever. I just picture someone trying to do their first extraction, sticking huge whole pieces of MHRB in the jar and going "why isn't it working??" Laughing
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude Page โ‹ Health & Safety โ‹ FAQ โ‹ Known Substance Interactions โ‹ Extraction Teks โ‹ The Machine

cuddlybear
#418 Posted : 1/20/2014 11:47:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

well tbh, my bark was in no means powder but i ripped it up the best i could.

maybe il just put this one down to experience and get stuck in here and do my next one by the book.

thanks for the input. hopefully this works

Mimosa_Man
#419 Posted : 1/20/2014 12:04:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheogenerator wrote:
Sodium carbonate wash to get the brown out of the already pulled naphtha. Followed by two washes of plain distilled water to remove any traces of sodium carbonate.

For the emulsion: heat bath, salt, more lye, gentle agitation. If none of these work, try them again.

FYI: This tek is awful. For one, it just refers to "mimosa hostilis root bark" without once mentioning whether that root bark is powdered, shredded, chopped, whole, whatever. I just picture someone trying to do their first extraction, sticking huge whole pieces of MHRB in the jar and going "why isn't it working??" Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing omfg that would be hilarious and at the same time sad
~Albus Dumbledore

Entheogenerator
#420 Posted : 1/20/2014 8:55:19 PM

Homo discens

cuddlybear wrote:
well tbh, my bark was in no means powder but i ripped it up the best i could.

maybe il just put this one down to experience and get stuck in here and do my next one by the book.

thanks for the input. hopefully this works

That doesn't necessarily mean you won't get some DMT out of it, but you probably won't get all of the DMT out of it.

EDIT: There is almost always a way to save an extraction. No reason to give up, this sounds like a pretty simple problem to solve.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude Page โ‹ Health & Safety โ‹ FAQ โ‹ Known Substance Interactions โ‹ Extraction Teks โ‹ The Machine

«PREV1920212223NEXT»