We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
piri piri Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 2/6/2009 2:35:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
When i received my last order from maya-etnobotanicals, a free sample of a to me unknown plant was included. It's latin name is cyperus articulatus, also called 'piri piri' ( a name that's used for more plants ) or 'jointed flatsedge'.
Even our botanicals expert Coatl could not tell me very much about it.
I wonder if there's anybody who has any information on this plant. What substances does it contain? How is it prepared and for what purposes is it used?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 2/6/2009 3:07:57 PM

The Great Namah

I believe that piri-piri is the root of a plant.

It ususally has a fungus/mold on it that contains chemicals similar to LSA.
It is usually given to aspiring apprentices as one of their first plant dieta's. Kind of a warm up to the plant spirit relm.

There is a lot of info on it here

http://forums.ayahuasca....9&highlight=piripiri

and here

http://forums.ayahuasca....4&highlight=piripiri

and here

http://forums.ayahuasca....2&highlight=piripiri

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 2/6/2009 3:10:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember hearing a talk from terrence mckenna with some other older woman, nicole I think was her name, and she was talking about piripiri, and the several uses it has in traditional medicine. but now I forgot exactly, maybe I can find the talk somewher

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 2/6/2009 3:40:42 PM

Teotzlcoatl

"Piri" link at the Corroboree
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

polytrip
#5 Posted : 2/6/2009 9:15:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's obscurity makes me hessitative towards this plant.

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 2/6/2009 10:23:24 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Ya it seems really hard to pin down... I don't even know exactly what the botanical names or effects of "Piri-piri" are at all!!!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

Phlux-
#7 Posted : 2/8/2009 5:42:46 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

i think its a cyperus spp.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 2/8/2009 7:21:22 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Ya but which species is best?

And what are the effects?

LiquidxTrance
#9 Posted : 2/25/2009 9:59:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I, too, am being sent a sample from Maya Ethnobotanicals alongside my order. Not quite sure what to do with it yet--it may remain a decoration until more information comes about on this sneaky root.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 3/9/2009 8:32:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
christian raetsch briefly talks about it in the encyclopedia of psychoactive plants..

he talks about 2 piripiris .. one is a member of the Cyperus spp., of the Gramineae family. He has it has not been botanically identified but is infested by fungus that likely produces ergot alkaloids (the fungus is Balansia cyperi). It is sometimes ussed as an ayahuasca aditive. It is used by ecuadoran Shuar, Achuar and Aguaruna, and actually they use more than one type of the Cyperus Spp. and not only as an additive but sometimes as an own psychoactive.

the jivaro add cyperus extracts to drinking tobacco, and the Secoya use to dispell evil spirits and to induce labor. Also used in El Salvador folk medicine as an analgesic for tooth pain.

The other piri piri is Peperoma galioides which in peru is used as an additive to san pedro drink. I guess yours would be the first one

Tangarine_Dreams
#11 Posted : 3/31/2009 4:43:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is the symbiotic fungus embedded within the germ of the seeds or would one have to grow this in it's native land for it to be of viable content?

ohayoco
#12 Posted : 3/31/2009 5:27:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was looking at Maya's textiles and found a reference to piri-piri being applied directly to the eyes to induce visions:

http://www.maya-ethnobotanicals.com/product_browse.phtml/catid_26/subid_1609/ wrote:
Shipibo artesans are well-known for depicting their Ayahuasca-based cosmology in the intricate designs of their pottery and colorful fabrics. We are pleased to feature genuine original Shipibo embroided art, inspired by their ancient relationship with Ayahuasca. Every single piece of work by Shipibo artisans is unique. All the textile painting, embroidery, and artisan craft is carried out by the women. From a young age the Shipibo females are initiated by their mothers and grandmothers into this practice. One Shipibo woman tells that "when I was a young girl, my mother squeezed drops of the Piri Piri (a species of Cyperus sp.) berries into my eyes so that I would have the vision for the designs; this is only done once and lasts a lifetime".
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

polytrip
#13 Posted : 3/31/2009 5:29:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

They gave me a piece of piri-piri root, the only other company that sells it i know of is KTbotanicals and they also sell pieces of root. So i guess it's sort of embedded.
I must say, the maya's keep sending these free specimens of traditional aya-additives, some more interesting then others, but i'm taken by their generosity.

ohayoco
#14 Posted : 3/31/2009 5:40:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If it is ergot, I'm staying well away. There are safer ways to get LSA (/LSH?).
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Observant
#15 Posted : 4/5/2009 6:09:34 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Another piri piri would be "Justicia Pectoralis"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justicia_pectoralis
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing