We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Obama opposes DEA pot raids Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 2/5/2009 7:57:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

http://www.washingtontim...ush-continues-pot-raids/

obama plans to keep DEA from circumventing state laws
it's a sound

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

69ron
#2 Posted : 2/5/2009 8:04:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So far Obama has been one of the coolest presidents I've ever seen. He's been president for only a short while and has got tons done and totally has his head in the right direction. He seems well in touch, almost like he’s actually an average guy, but then he’s REALLY SMART. I love the way he responded so strongly to all the bank CEOs giving themselves huge bonuses while the rest of us suffer. Bush wouldn’t have said a thing about it and would probably have gotten a kick back too (self serving bastard).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

amor_fati
#3 Posted : 2/6/2009 2:59:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Definitely. I can't wait for him to drop the hammer on the DEA, as he hopefully will.

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 2/6/2009 3:13:13 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Obama is doing pretty good by me.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 2/6/2009 3:19:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

if anything...hes intelligent!! i was getting tired of having a bumbling idiot as president...

obama can speak..he gives hope..hes getting things done..hes trying to make things better...

high five
it's a sound

burnt
#6 Posted : 2/6/2009 8:44:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Obama is going to destroy the U.S. economy and strengthen the power of the federal government and expand the war in Afghanistan. But that's another story that most people caught up in Obama mania are too blind to see. I will give him some credit though at least he is more intelligent then Bush way more.

As far as ending DEA raids. Yes he said it should stop but it hasn't. Why the f@#$ not? I understand it takes some time but come on issue a direct order to the DEA to quit it. We also need to watch very very closely at who Obama appoints to be the new head of the DEA. In other words I'll believe his promise when I see it. Also about allowing marijuana research to go on in the U.S. is something Obama promised. But I'll believe that when I see it too. I do think something is going to change in this area but just where it goes should be interesting to say the least.

modsquad09
#7 Posted : 2/6/2009 9:55:06 AM

mods

yea obama is alot smarter and at least hes bringing peoples "hopes" up..

I have to agree more with burnt though, war will never end.. & neither will our govt & who it chooses to employ.

I think obama is just a tool to keep us calm, i mean shitt we have no money no jobs, thngs are at there worst, but at least we got our obama & our prozac to keep a smile on our faces.

I think something big is about to happen, maybe the govt knows maybe not, i mean if the predictions are right & they know it, then we have some problems coming in 2012

i wanna see obama make pot legal everywhere, then ill turn my head.

Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

Infinite I
#8 Posted : 2/6/2009 10:14:07 AM

JC

I agree with burnt also. Was on the news in the UK last night about obama threatening to cut ties with the Uk in certain areas if they leak documents about torture in guantanamo bay. Ill try find the link but im sure they were trying to make it illegal for the Uk to publish details about the torture thats went on. Good guy eh covering up a bit of torture Rolling eyes all part of the job though eh??

ohayoco
#9 Posted : 2/6/2009 10:52:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes people in the UK are questioning the 'special relationship' because we're meant to be a reformed nation that does not torture and does not associate with torturers, but now the USA are trying to tell our judges to keep their human rights violations a secret and so the UK government is becoming guilty by association. If Obama is involved in that then he loses all my respect (and I was holding my breath before believing the go-Obama hype).

Course the UK is run by assholes too so don't feel too bad about it... our prime minister is calling Prince Harry a 'role model' in defence of yet ANOTHER racism scandal in the Royal family! (Prince Harry is the guy who dressed up as a Nazi for a fancy dress party and has been caught on film using the racial hate word 'Paki'Pleased His grandfather the Queen's husband is also a renowned racist who uses racial slurs while officially representing our country (such as 'slitty eyes' and 'spearchucker'Pleased Even the Queen has been in trouble and apologised recently for selling racist toys in her shops (the infamous 'golliwogs', a hangover from the racism that was the British Empire).
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 2/6/2009 11:10:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 2/6/2009 3:18:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well we all know the whole mess with presidents and politicians is a damn show but christ..hes all we got right now..bush left this world in a fucking mess..obama has to do something..otherwise..everything is going to fail...

get your cigarettes...booze...food...guns...and ammo stockpiled and move the fuck out of the cities...

it's a sound

VisualDistortion
#12 Posted : 2/6/2009 3:23:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I wrote:
I agree with burnt also. Was on the news in the UK last night about obama threatening to cut ties with the Uk in certain areas if they leak documents about torture in guantanamo bay. Ill try find the link but im sure they were trying to make it illegal for the Uk to publish details about the torture thats went on. Good guy eh covering up a bit of torture Rolling eyes all part of the job though eh??

Hey, if we don't torture em, then we'll just send em to egypt or some other 3rd world country and have em torture em for us. It's inhumane, but it has happened since people needed to know things that other's wouldn't share. And torture aint gonna stop anytime soon, just wait until the UK's torture scandal or Germany's gets uncovered. We just happened to be the country that got caught.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

#13 Posted : 2/6/2009 3:42:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Jorkest wrote:
well we all know the whole mess with presidents and politicians is a damn show but christ..hes all we got right now..bush left this world in a fucking mess..obama has to do something..otherwise..everything is going to fail...

get your cigarettes...booze...food...guns...and ammo stockpiled and move the fuck out of the cities...

Can't forget the mushies and the elves! Very happy

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 2/6/2009 4:12:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jesus..how the hell did i forget them!!
it's a sound

polytrip
#15 Posted : 2/6/2009 9:38:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
The U.S economy is one of the key factors in how it will go. Since almost everything in america is going bankrupt, including governments (local and national) themselves, obama faces some impopular decissions. Everybody wants government money, and there's a limit to how much money there is to spent.
Since the economy will keep on shrinking his popularity and therefore his political strength will likely diminish at some point.
Bottom line; saying 'no' to people has a political pricecard attached to it. Obama will have to cut deals with his political opponents. Those opponents happen to be conservative republicans although democrats will not like it as well when the bag of money passes them by.
He will have to cut a deal on some political issues; gay-marriage, abortion, euthanasia, immigration or the war on drugs.
His succes in the media will be vital for the strength of his position in this dealmaking.

Dwhitty76
#16 Posted : 2/6/2009 9:52:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Obama is going to destroy the U.S. economy and strengthen the power of the federal government and expand the war in Afghanistan. But that's another story that most people caught up in Obama mania are too blind to see. I will give him some credit though at least he is more intelligent then Bush way more.

As far as ending DEA raids. Yes he said it should stop but it hasn't. Why the f@#$ not? I understand it takes some time but come on issue a direct order to the DEA to quit it. We also need to watch very very closely at who Obama appoints to be the new head of the DEA. In other words I'll believe his promise when I see it. Also about allowing marijuana research to go on in the U.S. is something Obama promised. But I'll believe that when I see it too. I do think something is going to change in this area but just where it goes should be interesting to say the least.

No offense burnt but it seems as if your cought up a little in the "Obama Mania".

There is NO DOUBT the the U.S govt has ruled by secrecy and fear and mabey some of us...if not most of us have become jaded by that,i know i have.

The financial mess we are in now is not Obama's fault.

The man has been in office a lttle over two weeks and has already started making statements about cracking down on the DEA.

Why hasn't it happened yet?!?! Hmmm... well, he needs to nominate someone new to take charge of the DEA and he's only been in office for a little over two weeks. He has his work cut out for him,lets cut him a little slack.

Obama is going to destroy the U.S Ecomomy?

Well the U.S economy has been on a slidiing slope for quite some time due to the fed and the old fed chairman (Alan Greenspan) continuesly cutting rates, allowing people who were getting approved for interest only or ARM loans(crooks on wall street) to buy homes they probably couldnt afford..... and with rates so low, why not take equity out of you're house to buy a pickup truck,Big screen TV,a million burgers at mcdonalds and whatever else we can consume at Wallmart( THE DEBT BUBBLE), and up untill everyone said OH SHIT,everything looked good because people were spending $ that they didnt really have (china was making a killing $$$).

So the U.S Economy is already screwed and it has to get worse in order for it to get better.In the last 3 months there is 20% more dollars in circulation and you can expect the printing press to continue and eventually we will be back in an inflationary environment and the dollar will tank, it's inevitable. Start buying gold.

.....sorry i got off course.

My point is he's been in office for 3 weeks, so its really hard to judge him although, i like what i'm hearing....so far.

He's Better the Bush (not really saying much)

The Economy was already screwed and will have to get worse inorder to get better (not Obama's fault)

War has been going on since the beginning of Man. It is in our nature however sad it may be but it's people like us on this forum and other "free thinkers" that must oppose unnessisary violance and i believe thats what obama wants aswell, but we'll see.

Lets not be to Jaded from the past but be hopeful for the future. Ultimately it's to early to make any definate decisions.... right now it's just rhetoric and unfounded opinion.

I would also like to point out that polytrip made some very good points.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

acolon_5
#17 Posted : 2/6/2009 9:54:03 PM

The Great Namah

I have my fingers crossed on a lot of things obmama promised. We'll see how much he keeps to his words.

His appointment to the DEA will be my main focus when the next election comes around. He damn well better make a good pick. I'm tired of the drug war. I'm tired of looking over my shoulder.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

ohayoco
#18 Posted : 2/6/2009 10:29:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
It's inhumane, but it has happened since people needed to know things that other's wouldn't share. And torture aint gonna stop anytime soon, just wait until the UK's torture scandal or Germany's gets uncovered. We just happened to be the country that got caught.

With all due respect... that's bullshit. Government sponsored torture is a product of culture... on a small scale such as a ruling elite (The Bush administration, the Saudis, Pinochet, Stalin, Hitler- yes Germany has already been caught out and cultural change was forced accordingly!), or a large scale such as an entire culture indoctrinated to think that protecting the rights of their own group is more important than protecting the rights of outsiders (American protectionist culture). It's sad to say many other cultures too, I'm not just picking on the US- they are simply the most prominent and powerful and are currently abusing their power, with a long history of protectionism. The UK has the Geneva Convention culturally engrained so it's ideals are less likely to be broken. The police may be pushing endlessly for more powers here as elsewhere, but they have more to push against... thanks to the cynicism of the people grown from the erosion of their empire and its once racist, classist imperial culture!

When you say this, you are firstly apologising for torture. Accept it as inevitable and nothing will change, because you will have a passive population who don't police their own government (America) as opposed to one that does (Iceland!). Secondly, you are projecting. This is a common psychological effect. Your country does it, so you assume everyone else does. Whether torture occurs or not depends on the culture of the people who might do such a thing.

Anyway, I haven't seen any evidence that Obama's involved so I'm not writing him off just yet. Still, if he really is such a great guy, isn't it sad that he has to basically lie about his beliefs to get elected? Let's hope he does pull through for Maryjane... but he will not be able to change American culture enough in 4 years to reverse the law on drugs that the people support (it takes at least 5 years to complete a cultural change, so the books say). For the laws to be repealed, you're gonna need a fair few terms of office with sympathetic intelligent presidents to get anything done.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

amor_fati
#19 Posted : 2/6/2009 10:37:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

It's funny, more and more I'm seeing rabid "nobama" propaganda from the very people who probably should have been tossing bombs and fighting in the streets during the Bush administration WHEN THE TIME FOR REVOLUTION WAS RIPE. America's armed forces were more exhausted and despondent than ever and injustice was more rampant than it has been in some time. But now that time has passed, and the sentiment is late--even a little absurd. If revolution does occur under Obama's administration, it's going to come from all the worst sources: rednecks, bigots, and other fanatics. Hell, it might even have corporate sponsorship, and what's to stop them from building their own armies with "security contracting" as prevalent as it has become?

Certainly Obama-support can be quite absurd, but there's quite a difference between Obama and the propaganda of his supporters.

ohayoco
#20 Posted : 2/6/2009 10:41:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, yeah, now that the relief that someone half-decent has got in, the healthy cynicism has returned... and that's not a bad thing. Let's hope this politician keeps his promises... maybe he will Smile

123NEXT