We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Characaterisics of Distinguishable Spices Options

olderROM
#1 Posted : 2/4/2009 6:55:47 AM

Alfred

It has become quite apparent that different Spice fractions/mixtures can be obtained by using different non-polar solvents. The same mixture/fraction can appear differently depending on the method of crystallization. The different fractions within the mixture can also be separated out by using various methods. I believe this is why the end product is often so varied.

Sure, if you are going for looks, Naphtha freeze precipitation probably looks the best with its white fluffy crystals. However, if DMT has taught me something.... it is that looks are deceiving. What is important is the effects that it has on the user.

Having read of the use of one single sample of DMT(extracted with Naphtha, HCl, NaOH, and Brazilian MHRB) by several dozen people at different times. I was very disappointed with the reports that the users gave afterwards. Most said that it was the most intense experience they have had... none having had a negative experience.... and every experience seemed to lack entity contact. People reported out of body experiences, tunnels, and various extreme visual hallucinations... all typical descriptions common to DMT. However, the spice seemed to be lacking something very important.

I came to the conclusion that it wasn't the subjects and their individual experiences that were disappointing me. The number of subjects and break-through experiences were too numerous. The experiences still lacked that peculiar elven magic. It became my opinion that it was the DMT extract that was acting as the lame factor.

What got me interested in DMT 5 years ago was a few amazing trip reports of elven entity contact. Then I ran into Terrence McKennas descriptions of the DMT experience and that just reinforced my obsessive interest in this subject. I want to nail down what works and what doesn't work. What techniques work in what ways.

So here are a few questions for everyone......

1. Using the same technique and biomass batch. Has your end product ever differed in physical characteristics? If so, how?
2. Having used the same technique and plant species, has your end products physical characteristics ever differed between different suppliers/batches? If so, how?
3. Using the same technique and biomass batch. Has your end product ever differed in its mental effects? If so, how?
4. Having used the same technique and plant species, has your end products mental effects ever differed between different suppliers/batches? If so, how?
5. Have you ever known an extracted DMT sample's effects to have been affected by the extraction technique? If so, how?
6. Have you ever known an extracted DMT sample's effects to have been affected by the plant species used? If so, how?

Surely, these questions can be answered. It might be hard to scrape together some kind of semi-coherent hint of an answer but I think it is worth trying. I am new to the scene so I don't have much experience to work from. If you have any wisdom/experience/knowledge please share! If we can't answer theses questions... who will?
All of the posts made are hypothetical and for educatiunal/entertainmint purposes only. SWIM (a fictional chaaracter) and his activities are completely fictional.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

shoe
#2 Posted : 2/4/2009 8:49:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In response to :

4. - Yes, Using the same batch of DMT SWIM notices that sometimes it has a distinctly 'gummy' feel, oozy, fluid, and that is when he encounters the elves. In other experiences, in the same room, with the same spice, it has a distinctly 'rushy' feel and he mostly sees stars and everything shakes. He by far prefers the 'gummy' experiences.

He'd also like to point out that this batch was extracted with xylene and hence probably contains jungle spice. He notes that the earlier extracts he had felt much more 'oozy' when it was just pure naptha, then recrystallised.

but, this is highly subjective.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

olderROM
#3 Posted : 2/4/2009 2:32:48 PM

Alfred

Interesting. I wonder what makes the experience vary so much. One would think that the content would of course differ but that some key effects should be consistent. Perhaps the frequency in which things first begin to vibrate or that distinct feeling that the user gets when first entering into that space... I would think that each batch should have a consistent theme to it in at least some capacity.

I wonder if everyone can say the same thing. That the experience can be highly variable even when using the same batch. Are there really no commonalities?

Shoe, did the experience with the naphtha extract contain entity contact too?
All of the posts made are hypothetical and for educatiunal/entertainmint purposes only. SWIM (a fictional chaaracter) and his activities are completely fictional.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 2/4/2009 2:41:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In SWIMś experience, there is no consistent patterns in different batches/colours.. SWIM thinks most of these differences is self-suggestion and set and setting

but that is just SWIM's opinion, could be in the future he notices something, but right now the same batches produced different effects on SWIM and on people around him, and different batches sometimes seem similar and sometimes a bit different, but with no logical pattern to it. Its just like any psychedelic trip where each one is very unique

SyZyGyPSy
#5 Posted : 2/5/2009 1:24:02 AM
Tryptophilese Metaphysticus Anomalopteris III

Ok here's Swim's take on it:
Pure n,n-DMT, those nice fluffy white xtals that you get from a naptha freeze, are pretty but they aren't where it's at. These have what Swim likes to think of as a very high frequency "buzz," which he considers to be the "ultraviolet" end of the plant spirit's spectrum. Jungle spice on the other hand has a low frequency buzz, and is the "bass" to n,n's "treble," if you will. This seems to be the component responsible for entity contact.
In Swim's analysis it's as if the low frequency vibe of the jungle spice, rather than projecting you out into hyperspace, brings the hyperspace to you. When smoked by itself, you generally don't go anywhere, but there are entities a-plenty right there in front of you. Smoke 'em together for the "full spectrum" experience.
Yes, set and setting are major factors as well. This is spiritual stuff folks, if you don't believe in spirit that's fine but that's probly cuz you haven't really looked. Start messing around with ritual/ceremonial magick, saying prayers, doing blessings, having sacred stuff around, making pilgrimages to sacred places, smoking during special times like eclipses, equinoxes, etc. This WILL make a difference. Apply the methods of scientific inquiry to this. Don't just say to yourself "There's no such thing as spirit, it's all in your head" when you don't really know that. That's not being scientific. Science means trying something and seeing what happens. You don't need to believe, in fact blind faith is the opposite of what you need. Just keep an open mind and be willing to "suspend disbelief" long enough to see what happens.
On a related note, swim has noticed the "breakthru denied" phenomenon also due to certain spiritual reasons, such as smoking for the wrong reason or at the wrong time. Same batch that had been a powerful reality-shattering bomb on other occasions, doing absolutely nothing when used "improperly."
Getting back on topic, doing toluene pulls will give you the full spectrum alkaloid profile, which Swim and his friends have given to enough people that had smoked the white stuff before, and inevitably they all agreed that it was in a totally different category, WAY more powerful than just those fluffy xtals that look good but don't do a tenth of what the plant is capable of doing.
But forget toluene. Swim now uses only d-limonene to extract the spice. This gives a COMPLETELY different feel, more fluid, and it lacks that certain dark tinge that every petrochemical experience he's ever had has contained. It's hard to describe but try it yourself and you'll see what Swim means. It's more natural, friendly, loving, and magickal... less "dark and scary." Puts you more in touch with the energy web that connects all things.
The Ultimate Secret of the Universe is that there is no Ultimate Secret of the Universe... there's just a bunch of stuff that happens.

olderROM
#6 Posted : 2/5/2009 1:33:20 AM

Alfred

SyZyGyPSy you sure don't have a lot of posts behind you, but your post is full of wisdom! It is so hard to find advise like this..... You can't find this stuff anywhere... Thank you so much for your response... It is truly appreciated.