We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Mimosa hostilis and Mimosa spp. (pudica, ophthalmocentra etc) Workspace Options

BundleflowerPower
#21 Posted : 7/14/2014 5:47:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you endlessness. I've enjoyed reading your posts for years now.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to TLC equipment. I prefer to brew the medicine, as I've smoked the spice a couple of times, but much prefer the oral route.

But if someone wanted to analyze this species, I literally have access to an almost infinate amount of it. It's very prolific. I planted a few root cutting in early spring, only to find that it grew all over my yard, just had never noticed them before.
I've also noticed that several nurseries in my city sell this plant labeled as mimosa pudica.
From what I've read, including the link you provided, it's not known to be toxic. How dangerous would it be to brew say 5 grams with 3 grams of rue, and consume?

Thanks

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

BundleflowerPower
#22 Posted : 7/15/2014 1:19:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Disregard that last question. I suppose there's no way to know how dangerous it could be, being there's no literature on its phytochemistry.

BundleflowerPower
#23 Posted : 4/14/2015 5:26:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I've been seeing mimosa strigillosa growing back all over lately. A nice bit grows in my yard and I planted one as well.

Yesterday I harvested 8 g of fresh root bark. Harvest is easy btw because of the way the plant grows, it starts in one place, then sends above-ground runners out in every direction, and every couple of feet, they send down new taproots. It's a little network, so harvesting a root here and there really has no negative effect on the overall plant.

I don't have TLC equipment. I suppose I could do an extraction but I'm leaning towards trying ~2 grams worth of it orally with extracted harmalas,

So far I've boiled it down 2x and this is the result, very red indeed.
BundleflowerPower attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (842kb) downloaded 416 time(s).

nemesauce
#24 Posted : 4/14/2015 6:13:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad I found this thread! Answers a lot of questions. I am interested in growing different mimosa spp. also, just for novelty sake.

BundleflowerPower
#25 Posted : 4/16/2015 6:49:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, so I took ~150 mg of harmalas and the brew made with 8 g of fresh m. Strigalosa root bark. I took the the harmalas, followed 30 min later by half the brew, followed 1 hour later by the other half. No toxic effects were noted.

Now I suppose this could have been plecebo, but I felt the dmt. It was like when you drink the brew and feel the light, but it's not quite enough for blast off. I've ingested harmalas alone quite a few times and this was more than just hamala effects. Similar to a sub-breakthrough smoking dose.

Btw, for what it's worth, taking to a freind from Hawaii, she informed me that there, they smoke the roots of this plant (or one very similar). She worked with plants for a living there, and just talking with her, she knows her stuff.

I believe this plant is active, and why shouldn't it be, given it's genus. Also, it's rediculously common where it occurs.

Soon I'll harvest more from wild plants this time, this bark was from plants in my yard, which I baby, perhaps wild plants, dealing with harsher conditions will have different alkaloid content, I'll allow the bark to dry and brew 8 g of dry bark. I'm in no hurry, but I am exited about this.

pinkoyd
#26 Posted : 4/21/2015 3:07:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

I was sure Trout had done some work on this species, but when I checked Some Simple Tryptamines he was mute on the subject.

You're blazing a new trail in entheobotany BFP!
I already asked Alice.

BundleflowerPower
#27 Posted : 5/2/2015 4:49:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I haven't had a change to carry out any further explorations with this plant. I'd like to have a powerful experience, then I'd know for sure that it'd be worth others time to carry out more sophisticated analysis.

lemmy
#28 Posted : 10/28/2015 6:59:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any ideas about this plant?

I know for sure it isn't Mimosa Podica, I have already identified that growing locally as well as Mimosa Pigra.

This plant is very very thorny.

I'm guessing that this is Mimosa Somnians....

If any more pictures are needed to help identify this plant then please let me know. The quality of my phones camera isn't up to much.
lemmy attached the following image(s):
acacia 2 019.jpg (2,177kb) downloaded 320 time(s).
acacia 2 020.jpg (1,827kb) downloaded 321 time(s).

BundleflowerPower
#29 Posted : 11/1/2015 12:47:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure but it's not but I don't think it's pudica and it's not strigallosa.

pinkoyd
#30 Posted : 11/3/2015 4:32:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

BFP, I've heard an unconfirmed rumor that strigillosa roots are strong enough that effects can be felt by holding a piece of root between cheek and gum. Straight to the bloodstream, bypasses the liver, no MAOI needed.

It's rare in my area but does occur here, and is occasionally available from a local nursery. If I get my hands on some I'll post any results I might have.
I already asked Alice.

kariri
#31 Posted : 12/21/2015 5:31:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mimosa Ophthalmocentra Chemical Profile
Rootbark - 1.6% DMT, co-occuring with NMT (0.0012%), and hordenine (0.0065%) (Batista et al 1999)

Can anyone explain this? I suspect there's no DMT in this Mimosa just because the root almost "have no bark", there's just a very thin layer of a colorless and tasteless stuff. Where's the dmt? In the wood of the rootbark?

endlessness
#32 Posted : 12/21/2015 5:07:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How old do you think is the tree you are seeing? Is it possible its just too young or you're looking at secondary roots that arent too thick?

Get a small sample and try it out, maybe you can get ehrlich reagent and do an alcohol soak and see if at least its positive for tryptamines.

Tosee
#33 Posted : 9/15/2016 4:38:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good stuff endless

themtea
#34 Posted : 10/5/2016 1:17:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

what mimosa is this ? is there any NN DMT in it?
if yes, would it be worth to extract?

thanks

downwardsfromzero
#35 Posted : 10/5/2016 7:20:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

pinkoyd wrote:
BFP, I've heard an unconfirmed rumor that strigillosa roots are strong enough that effects can be felt by holding a piece of root between cheek and gum. Straight to the bloodstream, bypasses the liver, no MAOI needed.

It's rare in my area but does occur here, and is occasionally available from a local nursery. If I get my hands on some I'll post any results I might have.

Any luck with this yet?

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

BundleflowerPower
#36 Posted : 10/11/2016 1:48:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
pinkoyd wrote:

Any luck with this yet?

I've read this as well, and once I tried it with a smallish amount of rootbark. Not really shore that I felt anything, and if it's true I'm not sure how much one would need.

One of these days I'm going to extract mimosa strigallosa, it's so widespread in my area that I can easily collect a very large amount. Probably there's 100 g of rootbark just in my yard, and some places entire open areas are simply covered with it. I've found it growing in sand along river banks, on the edge of swampy forests, construction sites, all over. Perhaps if it does contain a useful amount of tryptamines the content varies with soil conditions. Right now though I'm consentrating on traditional aya and the more well known analogs as a few people have asked me to share the medicine with them recently, but this plant is on my agenda. I just wish I had the fancy equipment some of you have like chomotography and so on.

acacian
#37 Posted : 10/12/2016 11:02:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey BundleflowerPower Smile ..good on you for the initiative and interested to see what your future tests yield... I just thought I'd add that stem/twig/branch bark should have alkaloids if the plant is active.. this is the case with active acacias, and as per iracema's post a while back, seems to also be the case with mimosa hostilis.. I think rootbark is very much a fad ..and an unnecessarily harmful one.

I wager that if people were to go out and extract from other areas of acacia confusa or Mimosa Hostilis that you'd very quickly see that it is active in other areas.. root bark is common lore now and pretty deeply embedded in people's minds... If the plant has worthwhile tryptamine content then you can be fairly sure you'll find it in the twigs and stems (maybe the leaves depending on the species).. think of the bark as a "singular entity"... it spreads all over the tree! Pleased

In Australia it was thought for a longtime that it was essential to extract from trunk bark of trees to obtain alkaloids.. now its common practice to extract from phyllodes ('leaves' )

BundleflowerPower
#38 Posted : 10/15/2016 1:24:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:
Hey BundleflowerPower Smile ..good on you for the initiative and interested to see what your future tests yield... I just thought I'd add that stem/twig/branch bark should have alkaloids if the plant is active.. this is the case with active acacias, and as per iracema's post a while back, seems to also be the case with mimosa hostilis.. I think rootbark is very much a fad ..and an unnecessarily harmful one.

I wager that if people were to go out and extract from other areas of acacia confusa or Mimosa Hostilis that you'd very quickly see that it is active in other areas.. root bark is common lore now and pretty deeply embedded in people's minds... If the plant has worthwhile tryptamine content then you can be fairly sure you'll find it in the twigs and stems (maybe the leaves depending on the species).. think of the bark as a "singular entity"... it spreads all over the tree! Pleased

In Australia it was thought for a longtime that it was essential to extract from trunk bark of trees to obtain alkaloids.. now its common practice to extract from phyllodes ('leaves' )

That's a good point, and the stems are a deep red color sometimes purple, sort of like the color of acrb.

NISMAS
#39 Posted : 2/18/2017 1:02:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness
#40 Posted : 2/18/2017 3:35:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They are certainly from leguminosae family but im not sure they are mimosas. I'm no expert though, but I've seen some very similar plants that were from other genus.. Do you have any picture of flowers? Can you give a general idea of geographica location, so that its easier to ID ?

PREV123NEXT