We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Cimora brews Options

mew
#21 Posted : 7/21/2012 5:56:59 AM

huachumancer

to really determine if achuma is a full inhibitor of the mao enzyme one would need to ingest dmt orally during the experience and see if it was active. whats more is it may require a great deal of achuma to fully inhibit oneself, at which point the achumas potency may be so overwhelming one may not be able to tell if it was infact dmt or achuma teaching the lessons.

@jamie, thank you for the understanding, i had been ignorant of what exactly happened. i just remembering hearing from him personally about the falling out.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

nicechrisman
#22 Posted : 7/22/2012 6:29:58 AM

Kin

I wonder if a chemical analysis has ever been done on bridgesii to find out if it does in fact contain MAOIs...
Nagdeo

christian
#23 Posted : 7/22/2012 8:34:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I only have a little experience of Cactus, from when i was in Peru. However i did read that Cimora was usually San Pedro boiled with Brugamansia. I guess the brugamansia would have been chosen because of it's anti nausea effect, and also as a potentiator and visual enhancer.

I read here that Bridgessi is a favored cactus, but has it been used in South America, or is it a recent idea??
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

nicechrisman
#24 Posted : 7/22/2012 2:23:14 PM

Kin

Bridgesii have been used for probably just as long as San Pedro. It's the one that is usually called Achuma or Huachuma. I think it just varies from region to region.
Nagdeo

nicechrisman
#25 Posted : 7/22/2012 5:13:25 PM

Kin

I'm curious to hear more about peoples' experiences combining brugmansia with cactus brews. Seems to be fairly common in traditional use. I've heard some say that it really helped them let go into the experience.
Nagdeo

mew
#26 Posted : 7/22/2012 10:35:15 PM

huachumancer

ive used datura/ brugmansia with achuma, however pure achuma takes me the farthest

mew
#27 Posted : 7/23/2012 5:16:30 AM

huachumancer

the philosophy that achuma acts as a force and lsa the light was made most clear during one of my earliest experiences. one night i ate some lsa and my friends girl friend ate some cactus. a few hours into it, she started to be silent and aloof, my friend being worried offered me a massive pile of dry cactus chips in exchange for about a third of the cost it normally would be with the agreement that i eat it all right then and not save any for later. he thought that if i went deeper into my experience she would be comforted by knowing someone else is "tripping harder"....

so i did...

this plate was roughly 6x6 inches covered 1 cm deep in dry cactus chips (outter green flesh from his personal garden containg bridgesii var monstrosse and other potent specimens) i dont remember much except how it started. a giant head appeared on the wall and was being pressed through it like a face on another side of a sheet. it was chomping slowly with its gaping maw. it kind of made me think of mr clean. after that things became a blur i remember being in a closet then the closet transformed. i was in a green energy web. this web encapsulated me, sitting cross legged in front of what i think was my counterpart. there seemed to be a shaman/curandero in south american style decorum. we sat and did what i couldnt tell you. i dont remember much else other than totems with faces transforming and still tripping into next days early evening.

i didnt combine lsa with cactus for a while after that.
but a year or two later i started to get back into lsa, lsa had been something i did 10 or so g of morning glories with a friend or two repeatively a few months before i got into cactus.

over the last few years ive tried many plant coctails and found that a light dose of lsa and and light dose of cactus makes for a medium experience, especially with a couple of datura seeds in the mix. moderate doses of both make the experience intense, however i havent pushed my self to visionary depths with any plant but achuma.

to answer your question kambo, 1.5 feet achuma + 15 hawaiin baby woodrose is the threshold of visionary. i can function well enough to party at a concert on a foot of achuma and 10 hbwr but just barely, and thats with a decent amount of experience.

if youre going to try using lsa i reccommend using hbwr as they are most potent (this is why i chose to start working with achuma aswell, more bang for the buck, as it is now i just love achuma regardless price and pay that extra to get my favorite plant)

for a first experience id either alcohol extract 10 g of morning glories (after theyre rinsed of methyl mercury) or 10 hbwr seeds (you can extract to reduce the nausea but they so small that i typically dont)

combining lsa with cactus makes me very lethargic at first (this may be due to achumas sedative properties before the mescaline is metabolised, plus lsa's come up is often lethargic alone) but once i get 3 hours into it, i could run a marathon.

flickedbic
#28 Posted : 7/23/2012 6:53:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rinsing may not get off all methylmercury... "the most toxic of all mercury".

Eating a handful of Brazil nuts prior may neutralize the compound.

Methylmercury half-life in the human body is around 20 days; It is especially toxic if ones' body is low in selenium.

"It may be that supplementing with selenium will give sufficient protection from methylmercury toxicity. This approach is actually used by marine animals and birds, who eat seaweed, containing selenium, together with fish containing methylmercury. Some whales have been found to have large deposits of selenium-mercury compound in their livers. This is very chemically stable, and makes them both non-bioavailable." - -richvank, of another forum, awnsering a question on the thread entitled "MethylB12 - how much is too much ?"

Nuts, especially Brazil nuts, are a great source of selenium. Brazil nuts, which are also rich in magnesium, provide the most selenium with 1917μg (2739% RDA) per 100 gram serving, 2550μg (3642% RDA) per cup, and 96μg (137% RDA) in a single kernel or nut. Mixed nuts by contrast provide about half as much selenium with 422μg (77% RDA) per 100 gram serving, 607μg (111% RDA) per cup, and 118μg (169% RDA) per ounce.

Blessings.
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

jamie
#29 Posted : 7/23/2012 4:52:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would say that morning glories (ipomea violacea)..the heavenly blues are way better than HBWR..for me there was no comparison. I never took them with mescaline but I am interested in it. I have grown morning glories for years..they are very very easy to grow and flower and I have had one high dose very visionary morning glory experience that HBWR never came close to touching. That is just my experience though maybe I have never had good HBWR. Minxx says that she likes rivea corymbosa a lot but not HBWR, she has never had morning glories.

I will have to try to grow some HBWR and see if they are better fresher. Been at least 5 years since I worked with LSA..a light dose with some cacti sounds nice.
Long live the unwoke.

rOm
#30 Posted : 7/24/2012 4:55:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is what I do now, maybe it's not exactly cimora but I play with mescaline and admixtures,

- Mescaline HCL (300-800mg)
- Psilocybe cubensis or other source of psilocibin/psilocin ( paneolus cyanescans, psilocybe semilancentae etc..) mix with fresh lemon juice.
-"Mexican Tarragon", Tagetes lucida, a know admiwture for San pedro/peyote brew to enhance visions
- Low dose of tropane : 100mg of belladona leaves do the trick for me to conteract nausa and enhance the experience
- 3 to 6 drops of lemon essential oil, a know anti-nausea.

This is a very active and pleasant experience, no nausea is present, a lot of euphoria and very good synergy between mescaline and psilocin/psilocibin.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

mew
#31 Posted : 7/24/2012 6:56:34 PM

huachumancer

@ kambo

hbwr dont have methyl mercury, just the store bought garden variety morning glories, hbwr became my preferred lsa vessel due to the highest potency and no methyl mercury coating. with any seed i eat, i put in a strainer and spray once, get a cloth/paper towel and dry them quickly (as to not leech out any alkaloids) this way they are much cleaner and still potent. once they are dry feel free to throw em in a coffee grinder, but if you grind lsa seeds, its best to submerge in solvent immediately or eat them at that moment. lsa tends to break down in the atmosphere.

nicechrisman
#32 Posted : 7/27/2012 4:26:57 PM

Kin

So- I've got a question about using cacao to potentiate mescaline- I just got some roasted cacao nibs at the store in anticipation of my next cactus adventure. How much does one usually eat to get a strong potentiation? (Is that even a word..?)

Also wondering about experiences with really strong cannabis edibles with the cactus. I've heard from some that cannabis adds to the experience, and from others that it takes away from it. All the times I've tried cactus, I have smoked cannabis. Is it worth it to try it without, or does it really add to the experience. Just curious cuz I have some curiously strong brownies I've made...
Nagdeo

rOm
#33 Posted : 7/27/2012 4:42:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say canabis worth well with cacti yes, and you make me think, of a trio which I know would be awesome : Cacti-Amanita muscaria-Canabis.
Amanita and canabis are known to synergize well, and I've got that cacti and msucaria goes well also, so there you go, dose low on amanita though only a couple of grams cause deliriant are very hard teacher !! Mescaline is the one you can dose higher, so I'd say a normal dose of mescaline (500mg-100mg), 2-4 grams amanita quality caps and your brownie, should make a nice Entheo-ride (from my intuition).
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

jamie
#34 Posted : 7/27/2012 5:26:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"So- I've got a question about using cacao to potentiate mescaline- I just got some roasted cacao nibs at the store in anticipation of my next cactus adventure. How much does one usually eat to get a strong potentiation? (Is that even a word..?)"

Roasted for me has a more speedy less empathic quality. I only work with raw cacao beans but roasted should work, I just dont prefer it. Try a teaspoon-tablespoon...
Long live the unwoke.

mew
#35 Posted : 7/27/2012 7:30:34 PM

huachumancer

cannabis during cactus smelts a new experience, it is niether cactus nor cannabis, it is its own thing

cactus without cannabis is preferable on higher doses imo, it greatly reduces chance of paranoia, and increases your focus.

as far as cacao, when i do use it i take about a table spoon of 25x cacao extract and WOW. or i just eat some 85%+ dark chocolate till im sated

its feels amazing!~

christian
#36 Posted : 7/27/2012 7:46:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got a good feeling about adding some Blue Lotus into the Catus mix. BTW Mew, i miss your sexy U tube video..where is it?
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

jamie
#37 Posted : 7/27/2012 7:53:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"as far as cacao, when i do use it i take about a table spoon of 25x cacao extract and WOW"

Mew, I suspect you either have extract that is made with impotent cacao or what you have is in reality not really "25x".

The raw cacao beans I have here I dont think anyone would take 25 table spoons of..well maybe just once Smile ...25 table spoons is way way above the large dose reccomendation by "the chocolate shaman" in relation to how the maya do it.

Did you buy this extract online? I find that sometimes when things are called "10x".."20x" etc that are often like half that or less in actaul potentcy.

4 heaping tablespoons of the cacao I have IME is alot..enough to produce entheogenic experiences with a powerful empathic glow. Even 1-2 tablespoons produces a powerful empathic state.
Long live the unwoke.

mew
#38 Posted : 7/27/2012 9:50:49 PM

huachumancer

@ jamie perhaps you could pm where you get your raw beans from (provided its an online source) and yes i suspect that the potency was off, however it does produce strong effects on its own without supplemental entheogens

nicechrisman
#39 Posted : 12/18/2012 6:45:59 AM

Kin

Has anyone tried brewing ginger or mint in their brews to reduce nausea? I've tried it before with ginger and it seemed to maybe help.

My current brew, I am infusing with ginger and mint both. Hoping it may make it less gag inducing. I have a hard time keeping this stuff down long enough.
Nagdeo

ipumaestro
#40 Posted : 12/18/2012 10:18:23 PM

catdestined

tips for reducing nausea:

1. minimal stomach content, quit drinking liquids 2 hours prior to ingestion, and use as little as possible liquid to ingest
2. assume supine position for the first 3 hours until you can burp without the feeling of purging/ flex your abbs
3. spit excess saliva/ keep a liquid to wash your mouth handy (mint/ginger/ mouthwash)
achuma puma

PREV12