We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Anyone else been holding off? (Newbie solidarity weekend) Options

onethousandk
#1 Posted : 7/16/2012 3:32:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Partially inspired by this conversation between murphythecat and anrchy who both admitted to having a bit of trepidation going for a breakthrough dose. I've been putting it off myself for longer than I think necessary. When I saw murphy recommend setting up a day for newbies to get together I thought that doesn't sound like a bad idea.

So I'm calling on anyone else who's been excited but hesitant, ready but nervous. Next Saturday (the 21st) I'll be attempting my first breakthrough dose and will be a trip buddy to whoever wants to join. You don't even necessarily have to trip on that day, but consider this a support group for those a bit leery of taking the big dive. If you aren't ready, no problem. Everyone moves at their own pace. But if you just need a little push, consider this it. Very happy

I'll be spending the week getting ready and updating the thread with my progress. On Sunday I'll finish with a trip report. A short personal background: most of my background is with mushrooms and cannabis. I've brewed ayahuasca twice. Both trips were good but on the milder side. I did an extraction a while back but only had three failed attempts (bad smoking devices). I still have some left over but it's months old so I'll be doing another extraction and cleaning up what I have left. I'll also be making another ayahuasca brew (mimosa/rue). On Saturday I'll be going for a full DMT dose. On Sunday the plan is to dose the rue, wait, dose the mimosa and then vap. I'll be using the The Key V2 which I've already made. Because my last attempt with it resulted mostly in lost material, this time I'll be making enhanced leaf to help hold it in place.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tigerstrike92
#2 Posted : 7/16/2012 6:29:12 AM

Homo-divinorum

Oh wow. Vaped enhanced leaf on top of mimosahuasca. That sounds intimidating, but totally worth the experience.

Glad to see I'm not the only person who really enjoys using THE KEY. I dont use THE KEY V2, because I don't have a water pipe to fit one yet, but I have found that the first version works incredibly well for changa, but so far the sandwich method is preferred as far as fb goes.

Anywho, I have been playing around with some doses off of a recent extraction, so you can bet I will be joining on sat. Can we make this a S.H.E. if it already is not?
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

onethousandk
#3 Posted : 7/16/2012 3:36:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tigerstrike92 wrote:
Can we make this a S.H.E. if it already is not?

You mean by making a thread in that subforum or setting up a specific time or what? In a certain sense, anyone who joins on Saturday will automatically make this a S.H.E. event. Smile

tigerstrike92
#4 Posted : 7/16/2012 10:33:10 PM

Homo-divinorum

Sure! Set up a thread and set a time, we shall vape in solidarity!
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

LoneDruid
#5 Posted : 7/16/2012 11:17:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had my first real breakthrough dose 2 weeks ago, and yeah I've been putting it off for a while also. Good luck everyone!
I am a producer of electronic music. I am Setna. Check out my music! http://soundcloud.com/setna

Wax
#6 Posted : 7/16/2012 11:21:27 PM

LUVR

I was planning on trying again tonight but if I chicken out you can count me in. I keep wanting to go for it but midway through my dose I feel that I don't need to and become complacent enough to just puff on the rest throughout the trip maintaining a comfortable level Confused

Deep down I KNOW it will be amazing and beautiful but it's just that big first step I can't get over.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Electric Kool-Aid
#7 Posted : 7/16/2012 11:33:46 PM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Why is it so hard? You weigh it, pack the pipe and body load into your system!
But something happens. It's a worry. It's a fear of the unknown! Or not even fear.. It just blocks you. You take deep breaths, think calm thoughts... But it doesnt help! Why? But if you just start to puff it, just keep going, clear the bowl and it will be out of your hands. It's a story, movie, information to be heard. Let go and let it take you there.
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

tweakmode
#8 Posted : 7/17/2012 2:03:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I broke thru about 3 months ago. Was at a cool trip party, and a bunch of other first timers were there as well. A few tried & failed to break thru, not being able to hold that acidic hot smoke in long enough. But I told the host I wanted to show everybody how its done. We were in a circle of chairs outside in the backyard. It was a bright sunny day, a light warm breeze was blowing, the sky was blue, so so blue, and the only clouds around were wisping away in the distance. Birds were chirping & bees and butterflies were flying around doing their daily pollination of blooming spring flowers.

I felt similar to those in this thread whom are anxious... I didnt show it though. I had someone else hold the pipe, I was afraid I would drop it while coming up. Only my 2nd time trying it (1st was nice but not a breakthrough), I completely exhaled, then pulled in as much smoke as my lungs could handle. Sure enough, I felt that mind rush that everyone else talks about, a big ripping sound where all sounds seemed to just zip away into a void and OEVs swarmed all around my vision. This all happened before I started exhaling. At the peak of my inhale, I felt reality disappear in beautiful yellow diamond chain pattern visuals, and other geometric patterns. My lungs burned and felt hot from smoke, but I felt no need for oxygen. The air left my lungs with a fluidness that reminded me of water at the time, but not in an uncomfortable way. Just before I finished my exhale I went into hyperspace.

While in hyperspace I dont remember much in particular. Visuals were beautiful, covering & encompassing me with feelings of well-being but coming in far too fast to appreciate fully. I forgot I was alive for those few minutes. I forgot I was anything but what I was experiencing.

After what seemed like a while, I started coming back but still didnt realize what was goin on. I felt bound to the lawn chair, with no ability to move anything but my head. I could hear my friends talking, but their words sounded robotically distorted & alien to me. I tried to talk, but couldnt remember how.

Then I remembered I was tripping balls. I felt a sudden urge to pee. All of a sudden I remembered the word 'bathroom' and said it. A friend helped me up & guided me towards a shed and told me I could go there. The whole time he was guiding me my steps felt mechanical and forced, with very little muscle coordination. He left back towards the group, I forgot why I was standing there, then I peed after remembering. I laughed out loud at how ridiculous it was to be 7 states away from anybody I knew, while tripping balls, with people I just met, peeing on a side of a shed in broad daylight. I felt quite giddy. Also had a few bursts of intense nausea that almost made me hurl, but I managed to hold it back and it dissipated as time went on. Everything looked colorful & painted, like a cartoon animation, somewhat like King Of The Hill or Family Guy. According to a few of my friends there, I also had sat down at some point, ripping out the grass and tossing it in the air above me saying "Its so beautiful!!" lol.

A lot of the experience is still hazy, but it was pure awesome. Someday I will go back into hyperspace, maybe soon. Im currently perfecting my syrian rue extraction, and then my MHRB extraction methodology until then. Im startin to get a grasp on the syrian rue now, after many botched attempts due to poor filtration problems, poor budget substitutions, and tha infamous IPA-'harmala red' situation. Hope u all enjoyed my story. It will totally be worth it, just go in headfirst. It helps to sprinkle a lil bit on your choice herb & hold tha lighter just above it til it melts into tha herb, right before you light the herb. THEN you smoke choice herb like normal. If you got just crystal, Ive read that finer crystals are less harsh & smoke better than big ones.

Good luck to tha new pilots of hyperspace. Shoot for tha moon but land among tha stars!! Very happy
http://wikidfungus.myfastforum.org/index.php
Best OMC on tha net. Come visit, we've done a few nice modifications & got some fresh attendance.

onethousandk
#9 Posted : 7/17/2012 5:42:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tigerstrike92 wrote:
Sure! Set up a thread and set a time, we shall vape in solidarity!

It is done!

archaic_architect wrote:
I was planning on trying again tonight but if I chicken out you can count me in.

How did it go?

I'm finishing up my acid washes this morning. Then time to defat and basify. Tried re-xing my old spice with pretty much no luck so I may try that again tonight as well.

onethousandk
#10 Posted : 7/18/2012 9:43:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My second attempt to re-x worked pretty well. Only pulled .15g but it's nice crystals instead of goop so I'm pretty happy with that.

Taking final pulls from my new batch now. Looking forward to this weekend.

breedr
#11 Posted : 7/19/2012 7:05:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My breedr elf is In the same boat as you, as the breakthrough starts to come he feels a uneasiness coming and backs off. Its not that he doesn't want go through, its the unknown.
All post come from a correspondence between me and my imaginary elf named Breedr, whom is pinned down in Noman's land. Thus "I" and all post refer to a direct quote from Breedr(My elf).

Fondoo
#12 Posted : 7/19/2012 8:27:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I joined this site for support like this. Awesome everyone I have done 10 trips all sweet with 3 or 4 break thru's but It is still hard for me to let go and accept the miracle. Saturday I have my kid but will be wishing you all the best
Being mind full of my breath.
Following my fear of death.
Into the jungle I walked.
T.D.E.

onethousandk
#13 Posted : 7/19/2012 9:39:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

breedr wrote:
My breedr elf is In the same boat as you, as the breakthrough starts to come he feels a uneasiness coming and backs off. Its not that he doesn't want go through, its the unknown.

Join us this weekend and find strength in camaraderie. Smile

Fondoo wrote:
I joined this site for support like this. Awesome everyone I have done 10 trips all sweet with 3 or 4 break thru's but It is still hard for me to let go and accept the miracle. Saturday I have my kid but will be wishing you all the best

Thank you for the well wishes! Due to some scheduling conflicts I will actually have to postpone my ayahuasca trip until Sunday (I'm still going to vap on Saturday). Consider the invitation open all weekend. Smile

Wax
#14 Posted : 7/20/2012 5:39:45 AM

LUVR

onethousandk wrote:

archaic_architect wrote:
I was planning on trying again tonight but if I chicken out you can count me in.

How did it go?

Ended up staying up late with the wife...plans were postponed Big grin

I think I will wait for saturday as I am running low and want to be able to join you all.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

onethousandk
#15 Posted : 7/20/2012 3:45:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My extraction went absolutely beautifully. Way better than I could have hoped for. The re-x on my old spice I did earlier this week looks quaint by comparison. Things are on track for tomorrow. Smile

Electric Kool-Aid
#16 Posted : 7/20/2012 6:17:25 PM

Onthousandk - awesome! Enjoy!
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace

onethousandk
#17 Posted : 7/21/2012 6:59:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Today's the big day everyone. I hope you're ready. Smile

I feel some of that apprehension coming on, but I won't let it get in my way this time. It's going to be an interesting day.

Wax
#18 Posted : 7/21/2012 10:10:07 PM

LUVR

I almost blasted off at 12:30 this morning but just wasn't feeling it, I could hear the neighbors yelling about something and thought I'd better wait Smile

Nervous but I think I'm ready. Prepping for the trip by listening to positive music and went for a bike ride to get any stuck energy out.

cecilnoise
#19 Posted : 7/22/2012 7:27:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is one of the posts the made me join after looking at all these forums for so many years..I'm very happy to be a part of this kind, intelligent and compassionate community. It's obviously hard to find people to talk to about these things in any part of the world. It seems the over-attachment to these personalities we've been led to over-emphasize is the cause that prevents breakthroughs most of all. I know that's the case for me. but most people wouldnt even want to entertain the idea of ego-loss or giving in to the flow of the universe. . anyway great to be on the nexus Big grin

Electric Kool-Aid
#20 Posted : 7/22/2012 8:17:34 AM

Cecilnoise - welcome!! Enjoy your stay. Please write an intro in the welcome section of the site. A bit about yourself, what psychedelics you have done or want to do. If you have any reports then tell us about them. If you are new, then help yourself to the tasty reading embedded within the depths of our humble place we call home. Enjoy! Oh and if you have any questions, please post and ask. Cheers!
Oh and importantly. We are open and here for eachother, so anything you cant talk about, but you want to, please let us know. 100% awesome here.

12NEXT