We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How do you take your calea? Options

Dante
#1 Posted : 7/15/2012 12:43:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yesterday I tried calea for the first time and Ive to admit that it was the worst thing I ever drank in my entire life Very happy I wonder if is aya even worst...

Anyway, Id like to know how people normally take it. Do you just make a tea with it or you have some secret recipe which your grandma gave you?

I tried to reduce the bitterness with two big spoons of sugar, but with no result. So I just gulped it down as quickly as possible.

I read that lots of people smoke it and put it in their changa blends, is it better via this route?
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

AluminumFoilRobots
#2 Posted : 7/16/2012 4:49:22 PM

gufyg

You aren't going to be able to mask that taste, it's some very very strong bitter oil. In Dale Pendell's "Pharmako/poeia", he states that a friend of his attempted to extract and separate whatever the active is from the oil and failed. This lead him to tentatively conclude that the active IS the bitter agent, or that they are inseparable.

If it's really a big issue for you then you can boil the decoction down to a resin, which is easier to take (I guess). But it's still going to be nasty.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

mew
#3 Posted : 7/17/2012 4:29:51 AM

huachumancer

i make an ethanol resin

3x1 day soak (last day a bit of acid and a hot bath)
combine all ethanol pulls
filter
evaporate on low heat
scrape tar
roll into glob/ gelcap
swallow with chaser
little to no taste

additionally this resin can be smoked for noticable effects, however they are much more potent when eaten

ive used this method for 3 years now, works really well. i always have some on hand.

mew
#4 Posted : 7/17/2012 4:30:56 AM

huachumancer

i also use it as an admixture during my cactus experiences to potentiate it and help me remember parts of the experience

it works like cannabis in the sense that it "kicks off" the experience for about 90 minutes but unlike cannabis it dosent leave me paranoid

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 7/17/2012 6:27:08 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I can assure you compared to calea tea, ayahuasca and cactus are downright pleasant. Big grin
Smoking it is not nearly as bad though it does have the same flavor. As they stated above making a resin with either water or booze and putting it in capsules is the best way.

I like to take a cap of this resin and smoke some leaf about 30 minutes before bed. It also mixes very will salvia and/or changa and adds a certain level of clarity to the experience.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

mew
#6 Posted : 7/17/2012 6:35:19 AM

huachumancer

dreamer042 wrote:

It also mixes very will salvia and/or changa and adds a certain level of clarity to the experience.

hail the water pipe for its filtering goodness

anrchy
#7 Posted : 7/17/2012 9:31:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I order a liquid extract. Would I be able to just put some in a capsule and swallow that? If I did this would there be any stomach issues?
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

smokerx
#8 Posted : 7/17/2012 11:34:06 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

mew wrote:
i make an ethanol resin

3x1 day soak (last day a bit of acid and a hot bath)
combine all ethanol pulls
filter
evaporate on low heat
scrape tar
roll into glob/ gelcap
swallow with chaser
little to no taste

additionally this resin can be smoked for noticable effects, however they are much more potent when eaten

ive used this method for 3 years now, works really well. i always have some on hand.

How much plant (for soaking) do you use for one dose ?

If you make tea how much do you need for one cup ?

thanks
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

AluminumFoilRobots
#9 Posted : 7/17/2012 4:06:50 PM

gufyg

Smokerx: the dose I usually work with is one solid handful per dose. So if you want 5 doses, 5 handfuls and reduce the tea to some manageable amount with 5 even volumes; however with an H2O extracted resin dosing is harder to quantify. Start with a small ball or two and find your sweet spot. I ne'er thought about it, but ethanol would probably make a superior extract and you don't risk potentially destroying any actives from heat.

Anrchy: do you think the liquid won't melt the cap? I'd just put it in the old piehole myself.

The taste is worse than ayahuasca, comparable to jurema by different. It's that strong aromatic oil taste, quite a bit like wormwood actually.
(wormwood is worse though)
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

mew
#10 Posted : 7/17/2012 4:45:50 PM

huachumancer

about 3 grams of dried leaf per dose

never make a tea it is the worst flavor, it coats your mouth and throat in a bitter nauseating film that does not come off easily.

i typically get 1/4 lb to a lb and ethanol resin it

mew
#11 Posted : 7/17/2012 4:46:42 PM

huachumancer

i took some last night and had awesome dreams!

Dante
#12 Posted : 7/17/2012 5:38:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone for the precious information!!

mew: Ill soon try your tek, it seems very practical. Thank you Smile
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

anrchy
#13 Posted : 7/17/2012 8:40:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AluminumFoilRobots wrote:
Smokerx: the dose I usually work with is one solid handful per dose. So if you want 5 doses, 5 handfuls and reduce the tea to some manageable amount with 5 even volumes; however with an H2O extracted resin dosing is harder to quantify. Start with a small ball or two and find your sweet spot. I ne'er thought about it, but ethanol would probably make a superior extract and you don't risk potentially destroying any actives from heat.

Anrchy: do you think the liquid won't melt the cap? I'd just put it in the old piehole myself.

The taste is worse than ayahuasca, comparable to jurema by different. It's that strong aromatic oil taste, quite a bit like wormwood actually.
(wormwood is worse though)

it depends on the composition i guess. I once took a THC pill, it was a clear capsule with a brown liquid in it. The liquid I think was a THC oil.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

twitchy
#14 Posted : 8/5/2019 8:13:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been doing some experiments with Calea lately, and I've found that it's best to smoke a couple of grams of it and to finely dice an additional quantity of fresh Calea and take that orally. It is so utterly foul tasting that my throat literally locks up and my body just won't allow me to swallow it. I got around that by wrapping it up in a large piece of thick rice paper and swallowing it like a pill with a large chaser of cold water. Don't expect an intoxication from it as it just doesn't seem to work this way, even at larger doses. Trust the medicine though, it is a profound psychedelic once you get enough in your system and get to sleep. Take it for several days in a row, and avoid cannabis for a few weeks if possible as this definitely seems to hamper the effects significantly. Magnesium supplement and 10mg melatonin also seem to work well with it.

Interestingly, the alkaloid component is 'unknown' and what causes the effect is one of the least understood of all entheogens I've run across. I've got a couple Calea experiences written up on my introduction thread that you might find interesting...
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=87773
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.