We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The stars... Options

VisualDistortion
#1 Posted : 2/2/2009 6:24:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I miss them. In my home town they were countless, beautiful, unfathomable. Now I could probably count them on fingers and toes. It makes me so sad. Gone are the days when I would be completely removed from civilization and could just lay and stare at the stars. One day soon, I will join them again.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

40oztofreedom
#2 Posted : 2/2/2009 7:08:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't wait until going into space would be a public thing.

Light pollution bothers me. I miss being able to look at the stars and seeing everything.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

Caligulitica
#3 Posted : 2/2/2009 7:32:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Go to africa, I went there for the summer and the skys are endlessly filled with burning ember of the stars
Spirituality is just another unanswered question that the weak minded throw away, let them be as flowers in the dark abyss of time, let no sun shine upon them and let them shrivel up beneath the feet of the wise...

...ygolonhcet si taht tsaeb eht ma I ,em reaf ,dne eht fo regnirb eht ma I

Read it backwards =]

endlessness
#4 Posted : 2/2/2009 7:43:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can only imagine what the sky in international waters must look like

#5 Posted : 2/3/2009 6:40:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I have never seen a sky like this, and definitely am planning a 3-4 day retreat out to see this great sight. Especially with SWIMS Celestron tele Smile http://msnbcmedia4.msn.c...______EDIT/stars2.h2.jpg (Cherry Springs State Park, PA)

briks hithouse
#6 Posted : 2/10/2009 1:55:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

London.Sad

going brazil in april.Very happy

gona search out a mind-blowing night sky sumwhere.
mmmm.

Aegle
#7 Posted : 5/18/2009 6:52:18 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

When i go out sailing its incredible how many stars you can see out at sea, its completely mesmerizing. Also one of my other favourite things out at sea is the beautiful phosphorescence that sparkles along the sea in the yachts wake, truly beautiful.

Just a beautiful phosphorescence picture i found Very happy

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

ohayoco
#8 Posted : 5/18/2009 8:35:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Amazing picture!

Once near the end of a journey SWIM was beckoned by a priestess to follow her up the stairs onto a wondrous temple rooftop, whereupon his beautiful green-skinned guide lifted her palm to the stars as invitation for him to marvel at the beautiful alien constellations above!
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Fatcat
#9 Posted : 5/18/2009 8:38:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have always been facinated with the stars. The distances between us and them is just unfathomable.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

۩
#10 Posted : 5/18/2009 8:47:47 PM

I noticed a star-tetrahedron right at the tip top of the sky last summer as if placed there as some galactic joke.
I was 10,000 ft. up in Wyoming.
Meditations revealed to me the ability to see the stars through my eye lids, through my tent, no joke...

SWIMfriend
#11 Posted : 5/18/2009 8:50:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of the greatest wrongs of society has been building cities and suburbs from which it's no longer possible to see the stars at night. I'm 56 years old, and I was born and raised in New Jersey, just ten miles from New York City. When I was a little kid there, I could look up at night and identify the major constellations! Now I live about 30 miles outside St. Louis--considerably smaller than NYC--and here most nights I can see only 5 or 10 stars. Most children raised in America today (except for rural or western areas) will have NO IDEA what it's like to see a BRILLIANT sky filled with stars. It's a great loss...

Buster
#12 Posted : 5/18/2009 9:03:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Star gazing is 1 of my favorite things to do when i get out in the wilderness.I seem to see lots of shooting stars
which i always feel very privileged at. Also the odd pesky satellite slowly floating by, actually looks quite cool to.

Scotland out on the hills,far away from the pollution in mid autumn has some spectacular night skies.Its just a lil bit brrrrrr chilly.
I love to think about other life forms on other planets looking at the stars at the same time as i am.Quality thoughts.

I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

fractal rider
#13 Posted : 5/18/2009 9:51:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here in my where i live in chile we have a privilege view of the stars especially in the desert of atacama
om namah shivaya

970Codfert
#14 Posted : 5/19/2009 1:18:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The first time I ever experienced ego destruction was while looking at the stars on a hefty LSD dose... I am obsessed with them. My bookmark pulldown is filled with astronomy links, usually when I'm late for work it's because I'm reading about stars. I suggest reading Cosmological Enigmas if you're interested in wacky stellar objects that we have yet to fully understand.
All posts are fictional.

970Codfert
#15 Posted : 5/19/2009 1:21:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal rider wrote:
here in my where i live in chile we have a privilege view of the stars especially in the desert of atacama

The Atacama desert is on my list of places to visit before I die, I can only imagine the view of the sky.
All posts are fictional.

Aegle
#16 Posted : 5/22/2009 3:37:10 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

SWIMfriend wrote:
One of the greatest wrongs of society has been building cities and suburbs from which it's no longer possible to see the stars at night.

So true Sad

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Jorkest
#17 Posted : 5/22/2009 4:50:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i can see the stars sooo well at night..especially when there is no moon...its like looking up into a dust cloud of sparkly crystals..of spice!
it's a sound

Bancopuma
#18 Posted : 5/22/2009 5:36:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I live out in the countryside so luckily see the stars well...a few years ago though I was out in the middle of the Peruvian Amazon, on a uni trip, 5 days boat ride from Iquitos, on the Rio Yavari, quite literally in the middle of nowhere (uncontacted tribes thought to be in the area).

The stars were incredible, and crsytal clear...loads of shooting strars, and the awesome expanse of the Milky Way stretching as a thick band accross the sky....and loads of fireflies as well...a very very special place to experience.

Aegle
#19 Posted : 5/22/2009 9:10:51 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Bancopuma wrote:
I live out in the countryside so luckily see the stars well...a few years ago though I was out in the middle of the Peruvian Amazon, on a uni trip, 5 days boat ride from Iquitos, on the Rio Yavari, quite literally in the middle of nowhere (uncontacted tribes thought to be in the area).

The stars were incredible, and crsytal clear...loads of shooting strars, and the awesome expanse of the Milky Way stretching as a thick band accross the sky....and loads of fireflies as well...a very very special place to experience.

Gee you are so lucky! Wow. I was looking at the little stars i could see tonight its such a few even though i live in a relatively small city, it brought me to tears its so sad. I am so heart sore for the days when i was sailing and the stars in the sky seemed to swallow me up there were so many. Ive always been in love with the sky and the stars but spice seems to have accentuated my love and fascination with them Very happy

Much Peace

Saidin
#20 Posted : 5/22/2009 11:03:25 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Aegle wrote:

Gee you are so lucky! Wow. I was looking at the little stars i could see tonight its such a few even though i live in a relatively small city, it brought me to tears its so sad. I am so heart sore for the days when i was sailing and the stars in the sky seemed to swallow me up there were so many. Ive always been in love with the sky and the stars but spice seems to have accentuated my love and fascination with them Very happy

Much Peace

The spice is stimulating the forgotten feelings/memories of when you traveled among them...
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

12NEXT