We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Eureka! SOMA Hyperspace..what is the pharmacology here?any opinions from science experts? Options

Eliyahu
#1 Posted : 7/12/2012 1:50:48 AM
סנדלפון

Welcome to my freshest trip report ever!

Usually my trip reports are pretty long winded, but this one I will keep short and to the point because I am still feeling the effects somewhat as this just took place about half an hour before posting this.

So I know I have been writing a lot about Amanita Muscaria lately, so my apologies if I'm coming across as a tad redundant with this post, it's not my intention.

So all the talk of Amanita M. made me want to give the old smoked DMT/Amanita combination a go for old times sake..

I generally use hand picked sundried Amanita Muscaria in very small amounts for Ayahuasca boosting but it had actually been more than a year since I fired up the DMT pipe after eating Amanita.

To get to the point, I took the smallest piece off of some sun dried Amanita cap that I had stashed away from last year.(I took about 200mg of cap).

One thing I noticed right away, is that Amanita gets MORE potent with age. Usually the effects are mild, but this time I could feel it really strongly..I was smoking marijuana with it.(I'm a regular smoker) but I got really really stoned after I ate the tiny bit of Amanita.

The Amanita took effect in about 5 minutes..very fast.

30 minutes after taking the mushroom bit I still felt stoned/sedated from the Amanita...I went ahead and smoked 15mg of yellowish DMT out of a glass oil burner, using matches.

I knew..right away I was in for it. I laid back and KAWOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSH I was taken..BYe BYe.

Taken to a hyperspace destination that I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.. Surprised ..(I usually see a similar hyperspace environment every time....

This time there was a very distinctly VEDIC theme to everything I was seeing, I saw many very Hindu looking entities that I recognized from Hindu mythology. Some I did not recognize but still they looked hindu in some way... including a GIANT koliedoscopic elephant that seemed very friendly...I presumed it to be Ganesh?

Many of the vedic looking enities and machinery/gadgetry here appeared to be the color of burnished brass and or highly polished gold. There was a great number of jewels and flowers in the mix as well, one entity looked like a flower, but again everything was ultra VEDIC

I have seen what I would consider to be angelic beings before but these were unlike anything I have yet seen. It's my understanding the concept of Soma is a vedic one...I had read about the idea that Amanita could be Soma...I have considered the possibility but now I am 99% convinced that Amanita is the Soma of legend, or at least that Amanita has some connection to Veda and Hinduism.

So that's enough of the spiritual speculation now for my more scientific questions about what happened......

My experience lasted for 15 solid MINUTES! Almost like I had taken harmalas before hand...the visual intensity was also as if I had taken harmalas but this had a completely different vibe to it. So there is some kind of MAOI like activity going on here....? Any ideas from knowledgeable nexians?

From the wikapedia -

Quote:
Ibotenic acid and muscimol are structurally related to each other and to two major neurotransmitters of the central nervous system: glutamic acid and GABA respectively. Ibotenic acid and muscimol act like these neurotransmitters, muscimol being a potent GABAA agonist, while ibotenic acid is an agonist of NMDA glutamate receptors and certain metabotropic glutamate receptors[71] which are involved in the control of neuronal activity. It is these interactions which are thought to cause the psychoactive effects found in intoxication. Muscimol is the agent responsible for the majority of the psychoactivity.[12][52]

Muscazone is another compound more recently isolated from European specimens of the fly agaric. It is a product of the breakdown of ibotenic acid by ultra-violet radiation

So it looks like the GABA and or NMDA receptors have a drastic effect on DMT potentiation as well as Harmala potentiation....???

I was wondering if any Nexian with way more scientific knowledge than me could throw in their two cents on this INCREDIBLE phenomena.

(WARNING: IF YOU PICK WILD MUSHROOMS EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION PRETTY PLEASE!)

Eliyahu attached the following image(s):
amanita_muscariafs-03.jpg (368kb) downloaded 151 time(s).
442px-Ganesha_Basohli_miniature_circa_1730_Dubost_p73.jpg (83kb) downloaded 142 time(s).
ganesh1.jpg (49kb) downloaded 141 time(s).
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Eliyahu
#2 Posted : 7/12/2012 2:36:19 AM
סנדלפון

Yeah, it was a fully Immersive one "a breakthrough"

an experience worthy of my eternal memory.

"Huston....we have broken through...over!"
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

misterfractal55834
#3 Posted : 7/12/2012 5:08:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I get the same thing on regular breakthroughs as far as hindu gods and what not. On my breakthroughs I feel like these gods are guiding me ESPECIALLY if I'm inhibited. I've also never studied hinduism and have brief knowledge on the different gods but with spice I feel like they're with me.
"I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human" -Tool
"Spiral out... Keep going...

Eliyahu
#4 Posted : 7/12/2012 6:24:45 AM
סנדלפון

misterfractal55834

Quote:
I get the same thing on regular breakthroughs as far as hindu gods and what not. On my breakthroughs I feel like these gods are guiding me ESPECIALLY if I'm inhibited. I've also never studied hinduism and have brief knowledge on the different gods but with spice I feel like they're with me.

Interesting, This was my first time with Hindu hyperspace....

Even though I can imagine lots of DMT smokers have conceivably had hindu like experiences, the really outstanding thing about the Amanita combination is the fact that I only smoked 15mg and was "gone" for a full 15 minutes...usually 15mg only has me for 5 minutes tops.

I'm not really saying that everyone who takes Amanita will see Hindu hyperspace, but I do believe that they will be in for a powerful experience comparable to harmalas and DMT.

mew
#5 Posted : 7/12/2012 7:23:16 AM

huachumancer

mew is most interested in acquiring amanitas to use in conjunction with other entheogens, this report further impresses the idea that tryptamines in conjunction with amanitas are perhaps the most effective engine to hyperspace

is there someone online who sells fresh picked amanitas, or sundried?

Global
#6 Posted : 7/12/2012 11:27:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I haven't seen Hindu entities that I can recall, but every now and then, I'll get some Hindu OEV's where intricate Indian latticework adorns the walls of wherever I am. Both the colors and the particular interweaving patterns scream Hindu.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Eliyahu
#7 Posted : 7/12/2012 3:42:08 PM
סנדלפון

mew wrote:
mew is most interested in acquiring amanitas to use in conjunction with other entheogens, this report further impresses the idea that tryptamines in conjunction with amanitas are perhaps the most effective engine to hyperspace

is there someone online who sells fresh picked amanitas, or sundried?

I have not found Sundried ones and I doubt there are any online that are as strong as the ones I picked in the rocky mountains. Depending on your location you may be able to go hunt for them..

mew also said:

Quote:
this report further impresses the idea that tryptamines in conjunction with amanitas are perhaps the most effective engine to hyperspace

Possibly true, I would second it to Caapi and related harmalas. There needs to be some serious research done on this....

Eliyahu
#8 Posted : 7/12/2012 3:53:01 PM
סנדלפון

Global wrote:
I haven't seen Hindu entities that I can recall, but every now and then, I'll get some Hindu OEV's where intricate Indian latticework adorns the walls of wherever I am. Both the colors and the particular interweaving patterns scream Hindu.

Yeah I have seen Tibetan Buddhist(similar but different),Mayan, Peruvian (incan) Eskimos,Mesopotamian, American Indian, Hebrew, Celtic,Japanese,middle eastern, and little bits of Hindu decorated stuff, but I have never seen a 100% Hindu/ Vedic situation until this.

Seen a lot of stuff, just not this particular stuff.