We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Trachelospermum Jasminoides Options

Wax
#1 Posted : 7/11/2012 2:11:12 AM

LUVR

It seems that one would have to acquire 5 pounds of material to extract 1 gram of alkaloids.

Saving up 5 pounds of plant material may take a while so I am interested in the shelf life of the dried plant. I read that ibogaine in hcl form is good for about 3 years, I'm thinking that the alkaloids will last just as long if not longer within the material itself. Is my reasoning here acceptable?
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Wax
#2 Posted : 8/11/2012 6:42:09 PM

LUVR

Also I just noticed that the plant produces a white latex when cut. I can't find much information on it except that it is "poisonous" and contains alkaloids and glucosides.

It seems reasonable that there could be ibogaine like alkaloids in the latex which would make the collection of them a little quicker and cause less harm to the plant. Is there any reason to believe there would not be goodies in the latex?
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

MaNoMaNoM
#3 Posted : 12/17/2013 2:37:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well IDKY this post never got any attention, but i hope to spark some interest now!

There is another post about this HERE
but this is a proper location for the subject.

Wax, iam wondering how you came up with that 5lb to 1g estimate?
Still have todo a lot of research, but will make this a priority.

5lbs would be no problem for me, i could have that tomorrow if needed.
This stuff surrounds my house like grass, and is climbing a few trees.
But, i do love this plant, and wouldn't want to harm it by collecting.

Noticed the other day what a brilliant red the leaves change before they fall off,
and that only few change color, and fall off at any given time, maybe from cold.
Love
SO, i went collected all the bright red ones, and some were not ready to be taken.
Some already fallen, and ended up with Oh about half pound of red/yellow leaves.
(they are ideally bright red on top of the leaf, and mello yellow on the bottom)
I plan on a continuing harvest of the red leaves while i'm researching extraction.
Hopefully, i can learn the correct process before the colors change to dark black.
(i just think that the color may have something to do with the alkaloid content)

*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

Keeper Trout
#4 Posted : 12/19/2013 8:28:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Keeper Trout | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Cacti expert | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Senior Member | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.

In areas where this is used extensively as an ornamental landscaping plant (like central Texas) property and yard maintenance contractors regularly have to pay to have their plant debris hauled away. At some times of years I've seen dumpsters full of what was primarily composed of this species. I'm betting that a mutually beneficial arrangment could be developed similar to how some people harvesting Virola trunks intended for veneer making are permitting some other people to salvage the bark first?

sleepypelican
#5 Posted : 12/25/2013 7:53:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this grows everywhere around where i live. The smell of the flowers is intoxicating. When i was younger i would collect the flowers of the plant in the back yard and soak them in water to create a kind of perfume....the things you think of after smoking a joint at the age of 12 lol
In dreams...I walk with you
In dreams...I talk to you
In dreams...Your mine
All of the time
We're together
In dreams...In dreams

sleepypelican
#6 Posted : 12/25/2013 7:55:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Keeper Trout wrote:
In areas where this is used extensively as an ornamental landscaping plant (like central Texas) property and yard maintenance contractors regularly have to pay to have their plant debris hauled away. At some times of years I've seen dumpsters full of what was primarily composed of this species. I'm betting that a mutually beneficial arrangment could be developed similar to how some people harvesting Virola trunks intended for veneer making are permitting some other people to salvage the bark first?

very interesting concept KeeprTrout, i may just have to talk with a few of my friends in the landscaping bussiness to see if a "deal" could be worked out
In dreams...I walk with you
In dreams...I talk to you
In dreams...Your mine
All of the time
We're together
In dreams...In dreams