We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Is Naptha the same as Zippo Fluid? Options

Dr DooLittle
#1 Posted : 7/10/2012 10:51:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello guys! I've been lurking for some time now. I've begun to meditate to prepare myself for a hypothetical space journey.
I was wondering this: Is Naphtha and Zippo fluid the same thing? I can't seem to find the answer. I don't know if there is Naphtha in Zippo Fluid or if it's the same thing. Zippo Fluid = Light Petroleum Distillate.

Does anyone know this?

Thank you Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

#2 Posted : 7/10/2012 10:58:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It is the same, but if you intend to use it for extraction, then I would try a different product.

Dr DooLittle
#3 Posted : 7/10/2012 11:09:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What do you mean exactly? If it's the same, then why would another product be needed?
Is it because the price on another product would be more desirable?

LoneDruid
#4 Posted : 7/10/2012 11:38:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah it's pretty much the same, but Naphta is a lot cheaper.
I am a producer of electronic music. I am Setna. Check out my music! http://soundcloud.com/setna

lewinii
#5 Posted : 7/10/2012 11:49:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

from what i know, naphtha is in several lighter fluids, i believe zippo fluid is made of it as well. if your wondering can your product be used for a extraction or not, do a evap. test.. put a small amount of lighter fluid product on a plate of glass, put it away somewhere and let it dry out.. if it it leaves a big amount of residue after it dries, dont use it.

ronsonol lighter fluid is commonly used for extractions, i have used it for this purpose, also after my evap test there was little to none residue left behind. if im wrong please correct me, hope that helps.. good luck.

theres a extraction wiki.. https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/FAQ
check it out
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

โ†’ Donate to the Nexus! โ†

Dr DooLittle
#6 Posted : 7/11/2012 12:15:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the answers - what I wanted to hear Smile

#7 Posted : 7/11/2012 12:49:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Apologies. Product was the wrong choice of words. I meant try a different brand.
Zippo apparently has impurities. Not used Zippo myself. Just going off my own research.

Michal_R
#8 Posted : 7/11/2012 2:25:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello "Dr DooLittle",

Myself being from Europe, it took me a while to figure out what "naphtha" would actually mean in Europe...

Eventually, "Lokí´s DMT extraction guide" (https://www.dmt-nexus.me/doc/Loki%27s%20DMT%20ExtractionGuide.pdf.pdf) helped me a lot Smile

If you live in Sweden, and are looking for "naphtha" equivalent, these should work for you:
- Rengoerings bensin
- Industribensin
- Kemiskt Ren Bensin
- Statoil miljø

I hope this helps.

Hyperspace Fool
#9 Posted : 7/11/2012 2:38:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The term "naptha" applies to a somewhat wide range of light petroleum distilates, these can have different ratios of actual solvents in them (hexane, heptane, toulene, xylene etc.).

Thus, there is no one correct formula for naptha and various brands will give various results. Some small number of naptha brands are totally unacceptable for extractions even.

Zippo Premium Lighter fluid should work fine. Many have used it without problem. Random streetcats tell me that it has high levels of "full range" pulling nps compared with standard naptha, and thus can pull a more jungle spice with very minimal heating... this is certainly not a bad thing by most people's estimation. If you want super clean white spice or intend to grow massive crystals, then you will be well advised not to warm your solvent or solution and might benefit from a re-x.

"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Dr DooLittle
#10 Posted : 7/11/2012 4:37:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have Zippo Lighter Fluid already for my zippo, so I think I would be going with that Smile I've several times in the past, by accident, let some fluid run down on the floor, when I was putting it into my lighter. And there haven't been any stains - so that's good.

I don't think I know what "jungle spice" is to be exact. Can you explain briefly or can you link me an article? The search function doesn't work for me Sad

If I were to extract DMT - I would, completely hypothetical, only extract an amount that was just enough for personal use. Again, hypothetically, I would probably use Lazyman's Tek and
I guess I would try to make it as clean as possible for the ultimate experience with safety precautions being thought of.

My knowledge on the Hyperspace-kick-starter, is very limited, even though I've been using at least 36+ hours watching documentaries, reading FAQs and various threads. Also, I've begun meditating with my friends. Mindfulness.

I was introduced to DMT when watching a Sam Harris lecture, where in the Q&A section, a guy asks about his knowledge of the drug "DMT". I excited me, and therefore I'm here to found out! Smile

Hyperspace Fool
#11 Posted : 7/11/2012 6:08:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It really is too bad that your search feature isn't working. There are over 100 threads with jungle spice in the header here. Far too many to really link to, and they all deal with different aspects of the whole jungle spice & jim jam question.

Considering the stage of your spice adventure, I wouldn't bother worrying about it just yet... when the time comes, you will be able to find all the info you need.

The synopsis is that some solvents like limonene pull a greater range of alkaloids than your typical naptha. There are also ways to pull more plant oils and other things as well. So, with the proper tek people are able to come up with various red to purple versions of spice that have anecdotal reports of noticeably different effects.

There are pictures of it here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=9892

This type of spice is known in our circles by the names "full-range" "jungle" and "jimjam"... though some reserve the term jim jam for just the plant oils and extra alkaloids left over after a re-x or when one takes the white spice out of the jungle.

This is a controversial topic. Many will tell you that there is no significant difference between the various colors of spice... and while this is certainly true concerning DMT levels, there is still no way around the volume of reports as to significant experiential differences. Many people enjoy jungle spice even more than straight DMT and it is often referred to as being warmer and fuller as opposed to the clinical clarity of pure crystal.

I will not engage in a debate here vis a vis jungle spice vs. white spice vs. yellow spice etc.

I will just say, fix your cookies or your javascript or whatever and spend some time searching this site. You will need to do this anyway if you are serious on your quest. 36 hours is almost nothing when it comes to researching this amazing molecule, extraction teks, and all that goes with it.

I wish you the best of luck.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

PrimalWisdom
#12 Posted : 7/11/2012 6:42:25 PM

Everything the light touches

I have to use Zippo fluid as it's the only form of naptha we get here - it works and it works well, it evaps clean so there aren't impurities and I get some awesome looking pure spice from it.

I then pull with xylene to exhaust the bark of all active alks.

best of luck
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

shaggy.money
#13 Posted : 10/5/2012 12:30:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I saw somewhere online that ronsonol doesn't contain naphtha anymore because it was bought out by zippo in 2010. So now its all zippo fluid... but I also saw that Coleman fuel could be used. Is this fact or fiction. All supplies are ready except a solvent! Lol
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. "

Sykosis
#14 Posted : 10/5/2012 12:43:33 PM

The Seeker

Quote:
but I also saw that Coleman fuel could be used. Is this fact or fiction.

Yes coleman camping fuel is safe to use, just make sure you get the one in the red metal can and not the "premium blend."
this is the MSDS
This is what it looks like, I personally use it myself.

Hope it helps.

--Sykosis is nothing more then a material manifestation of the collective minds and thoughts of many.
No one individual can be held accountable nor responsible for any of the actions Preformed by this user. All opinions, thoughts, statements and ideas expressed by this user are nothing more then a mere coincidental, incoherent, incomprehensible, fictitious rambling and should be treated as such.--

WarriorSage
#15 Posted : 10/5/2012 12:45:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Check or compare MSDS! Big grin Big grin
The Warriorโ€™s Prayer
"I am what I am. In having faith in the beauty within me I develop trust. In softness I have strength. In silence I walk with the gods. In peace I understand myself and the world. In conflict I walk away. In detachment I am free. In respecting all living things I respect myself. In dedication I honour the courage within me.
In eternity I have compassion for the nature of all things. In love I unconditionally accept the evolution of others. In freedom I have power.
In my individuality I express the God-Force within me. In service I give of what I have become.
I am what I am: Eternal, immortal, universal, and infinite. And so be it"

livinglife
#16 Posted : 10/31/2013 11:19:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dr DooLittle wrote:
I have Zippo Lighter Fluid already for my zippo, so I think I would be going with that Smile I've several times in the past, by accident, let some fluid run down on the floor, when I was putting it into my lighter. And there haven't been any stains - so that's good.

I don't think I know what "jungle spice" is to be exact. Can you explain briefly or can you link me an article? The search function doesn't work for me Sad

If I were to extract DMT - I would, completely hypothetical, only extract an amount that was just enough for personal use. Again, hypothetically, I would probably use Lazyman's Tek and
I guess I would try to make it as clean as possible for the ultimate experience with safety precautions being thought of.

My knowledge on the Hyperspace-kick-starter, is very limited, even though I've been using at least 36+ hours watching documentaries, reading FAQs and various threads. Also, I've begun meditating with my friends. Mindfulness.

I was introduced to DMT when watching a Sam Harris lecture, where in the Q&A section, a guy asks about his knowledge of the drug "DMT". I excited me, and therefore I'm here to found out! Smile

So, did you try the Zippo Fluid? How was the outcome?

MaNoMaNoM
#17 Posted : 10/31/2013 12:46:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i know lighter fluids (ronsonlol, zippo) are more flammable than naphtha because
i've tried using hardware store naphtha to burn in my lighter, and it doesn't burn.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

livinglife
#18 Posted : 11/11/2013 9:35:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Michal_R wrote:
Hello "Dr DooLittle",

Myself being from Europe, it took me a while to figure out what "naphtha" would actually mean in Europe...

Eventually, "Lokí´s DMT extraction guide" (https://www.dmt-nexus.me/doc/Loki%27s%20DMT%20ExtractionGuide.pdf.pdf) helped me a lot Smile

If you live in Sweden, and are looking for "naphtha" equivalent, these should work for you:
- Rengoerings bensin
- Industribensin
- Kemiskt Ren Bensin
- Statoil miljø

I hope this helps.

So, have you tried with one of those? I'm from Europe also, and the only thing I'm missing is the Fluid

Apoc
#19 Posted : 11/12/2013 12:57:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WarriorSage wrote:
Check or compare MSDS! Big grin Big grin

it says right on the can that it contains rust inhibitors.

zippo / ronsonol does not evap clean, and has resulted in oily spice with a strong chemical taste. unusable imo. there is definitely some kind of oil in zippo.

b1blazin
#20 Posted : 12/26/2015 8:42:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

UPDATE: ZIPPO is known to work. There are better solvents for wider spectrum results. SWIM used in with great resultsThumbs up unless something has changed....probably notConfused

12NEXT