We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Trouble Sleeping after LSD Options

The Day Tripper
#21 Posted : 7/9/2012 8:06:10 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Try THP (tetrahydropalmatine). Its an alkaloid from cordyalis, i know it works very good as a non-addictive sleep aid for me. Also, its dopamine antagonist affects really help with turning off some of the mescaline stimulation associated with its dopaminergic affects. I know lsd has affects on dopamine as well, perhaps THP could be useful for those who don't want to (or trust themselves enough Wink ) to use benzos to get to sleep after tripping.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tuesday's Gone
#22 Posted : 5/15/2016 11:08:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

8===D

universecannon
#23 Posted : 5/15/2016 4:43:47 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I gave up on trying to sleep after LSD and it was for the better

If i eat some good fruits, drink plenty of water or some nice herbal tea like passionflower, and keep my mind stimulated with some kind of activity (cannabis + music is great too on the comedown), then I'm far more satisfied compared to just laying in bed pretending I'm ready for a sleep that won't come for hours anyways.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

DoingKermit
#24 Posted : 5/18/2016 10:42:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with UC. IME trying to sleep when still coming down of acid can become frustrating. Its best to just give up and let it happen naturally in those cases.

I tend to prefer taking acid in the late morning. It means I get to sleep at a fairly normal hour and usually wake up feeling quite refreshed the next morning. Plus I find the after-glow more enjoyable the next day after I've had some sleep.

tseuq
#25 Posted : 5/18/2016 2:41:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:

If i eat some good fruits, drink plenty of water or some nice herbal tea like passionflower, and keep my mind stimulated with some kind of activity (cannabis + music is great too on the comedown), then I'm far more satisfied compared to just laying in bed pretending I'm ready for a sleep that won't come for hours anyways.

Thumbs up

In the beginning of my LSD encounters I once thought that I have to go to sleep now, just because of the idea that I need some sleep and the long "time" since my last sleep, unconsidering that I was not feeling tired at all. So I went to bed and tried to sleep and it was a nightmare!

I want to add, "hangig around with good friends (like a pile of cats) " is a beatuiful setting for the afterglow. Love

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

AwesomeUsername
#26 Posted : 3/22/2017 2:20:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, this is a tricky one. I usually fix that problem by dosing very early, typically 8am but I imagine most people can't do it and neither can I lately.

If you dose that early, I've found that by 9pm you'll be completely down, even if you might experience an afterglow. I usually fall asleep by 1 or 2 in the morning regardless of how early I got up so I'm not a perfect example, but still that's not bad either.

Also don't just throw yourself in the bed once you think it's time to sleep, take it easy. Relax, eat something light, put some mellow tunes on, have a shower, brush your teeth, dress comfy perhaps meditate for a bit and than turn of the lights, cover yourself up and put up a show or a movie until you daze off.

If you dose it later, which most people prefer since it is a recreational drug after all try to have the next day of and you'll catch up even if it's in intervals, though you might miss the afterglow this way.

I don't advise on combining drugs like some others do, it may do the job but it isn't the solution long term. Deal with the fact that all drugs have consequences, and the thing with LSD is that it will keep you up unless you do it really early or even than actually. You better of ride it out, since the brain will easier adapt to just one thing being off than another one being thrown in the mix the counter the effects of the first. It has less of work to do to get back in balance in the long run.

SpartanII
#27 Posted : 3/24/2017 10:44:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A few beers or a little wine after the trip is over has always worked for me.Thumbs up

soulfood
#28 Posted : 3/26/2017 1:39:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

SpartanII wrote:
A few beers or a little wine after the trip is over has always worked for me.Thumbs up

I concur Smile

Actually with LSD or mescaline once I'm through the peak all I really want to do is drink beer and explore.

But yes... dosing at least 12-14 hours before required bedtime is good advice. That and balls to walls commitment to actually sleeping should be handy.

I generally reserve any type of downer such as benzos for lingering DOM trips rather than LSD. But even then I think the need to close a trip or sleep sooner than a trip will allow is the result of bad planning.

Felnik
#29 Posted : 3/27/2017 4:01:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had an interesting dream concept while trying to sleep on lsd once.
It was basically a product that you could buy that had a dose of Lsd in it.
It had great product packaging like an Apple product or something.
It came with a cardboard life size door that unfolded. Once unfolded it became a doorway that you could pass through into a special dimensional space that was a town. The doorway would let you off in a field outside the town. You would then proceed to walk around the town. There were many different scenarios or scenes you could get involved with if you chose to or you could just walk around and observe. The basic concept was this place was a safe little universe you could go with no police to hassle you where you could basically hang out until you were able to fall asleep while on LSD.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

dragonrider
#30 Posted : 3/28/2017 8:27:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:

Yeah, i either don't try, and then i just relax for a day...

I do find though, that cannabis realy helps. Or rather, when i smoked cannabis during my LSD-experience, or when i've taken oral cannabis along with the LSD, then for some reason i feel much more drowsy and sleepy afterwards.

Cannabis is a huge booster of psychedelic effects though, so maybe it's wise to dose carefully if you have no experience with combining the two.

PREV12