We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
I lost a friend. dmt and setting was the reason. Options

Mister_Niles
#21 Posted : 7/7/2012 11:49:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm so sorry to hear about this Olympus. Really sad. I have a friend on here who is a camper and a hiker. He likes to vape in the mountains, by streams etc. I'll make sure he sees this post.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

boogerz
#22 Posted : 7/7/2012 11:59:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to hear this- May your friend rest in peace. Condolences to you, his family and friends.

tetra
#23 Posted : 7/8/2012 12:33:33 AM

BaconBerry

In my early days, I thought it would be a good idea to vape while taking a bath. I never went through with it, and in light of your friend's passing, I'm very glad I never did. Set and setting is, indeed, everything.

The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

anrchy
#24 Posted : 7/8/2012 1:00:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There was no way to have known this would happen. I am very sorry for your loss oly. I can't even imagine this situation.

I think there's certain situations that would merit either having a sitter or simply doing it somewhere else. I hope that this will help everyone that reads this to look at things with a more informative mindset.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

SHroomtroll
#25 Posted : 7/8/2012 9:46:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm ive done a few sesions i the tub aswell, guess i will stop with that, dont wan´t to end up like dm turner or your friend.

I wonder how it feels to die during a dmt trip though...

Purges
#26 Posted : 7/8/2012 1:00:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Much love to you Oly, his family and friends. What a tragedy Sad RIP Paul, no doubt you will be sorely missed.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

tigerstrike92
#27 Posted : 7/8/2012 4:48:17 PM

Homo-divinorum

Sorry for you loss Olympus Mon... life can be so fragile. Sad
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

entheogenadvocate
#28 Posted : 7/8/2012 4:59:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is so sad to hear. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you, your friend's spirit, and his family.

I hope he had a peaceful transition to a new beautiful existence. Hopefully other lives will be saved as a result of reading about this experience.

Good luck with reflecting and healing, Olympus Mon.
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

Dreamwalker
#29 Posted : 7/8/2012 8:09:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My sincerest condolences to you for the loss of your friend.

I think its very important for you to have shared this with everyone. It's good for you to talk about what happened and at the same time you could be saving lives by doing so.

Although uncommon blackouts are known to happen... I awoke one morning with the biggest blister i had ever seen in my life between my pointer finger and thumb. Turns out I blacked out with the BURNING hot GVG in my hand. It sat there for hours pressed against my skin scalding hot!

I know that's nothing in comparison to your loss but it's just an example that blackouts can be dangerous.

I think we should add a new word to the old mantra.

Set
Setting
&
Safety

Try and evaluate the possible dangers around you if you were to blackout and walk around.

Like I said it is uncommon but unfortunately it can happen.

May your friend RIP
until you meet again...

Nature Boy
#30 Posted : 7/8/2012 11:38:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, my. I haven't felt the need to do anything but lurk on this website for quite some time. This post changed all that. My condolences to the friends and family of the decedent. This is indeed a rare, but sad occurrence.

Again, my heartfelt condolences.

N.B.

rjb
#31 Posted : 7/9/2012 12:03:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RIP Paul. In moments like these, I take the time to remember that everything happens for a reason, this is the point that's been proven to me over and over again. No matter what happens, we all play a role in accomplishing what ever this is that we're a part of.

My condoleances go to any person who knew him, but first and foremost to immediate family and Olympus Mon. I'm feeling for your loss, friend. The time will perhaps come when we'll all rejoin. Or so we can hope.
The truth...lies within.

DeMenTed
#32 Posted : 7/9/2012 2:01:49 PM

Barry

Such a tragic story Sad

tele
#33 Posted : 7/9/2012 2:59:38 PM
Explorer

rjb wrote:
RIP Paul. In moments like these, I take the time to remember that everything happens for a reason, this is the point that's been proven to me over and over again. No matter what happens, we all play a role in accomplishing what ever this is that we're a part of.

I really hope so! I have been thinking about this too, but many times it seems like it's not a fact.

lewinii
#34 Posted : 7/9/2012 9:23:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so sorry for your loss.. rest in peace paul
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

→ Donate to the Nexus! ←

Aegle
#35 Posted : 7/12/2012 3:32:45 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Olympus Mon

Words cant describe how sorry I am... Life is such a beautiful but incredibly delicate and fragile experience which must be treated with the utmost care and respect. Crying or very sad

Much Peace and Kindness to you and Paul's family.
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

jbark
#36 Posted : 7/12/2012 3:39:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My heartfelt condolences... I read this a few days ago and have been thinking a lot about it. Life is so fragile and it is easy to forget this in the day to day grind and to stop and truly appreciate all that we have. I hope you are dealing with this well, my friend - I can only imagine how hard it must be. RIP Paul...

Be well,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

venom
#37 Posted : 7/12/2012 5:01:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my sincere condoleances...
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.

- in memorium of T MCK

polytrip
#38 Posted : 7/12/2012 6:03:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
This is just so incredibly sad. Sad

I´m sure that you´ve been as good a friend to him as you could be, and that his relatives will find in you a good friend to share this pain with. Sharing is the only thing you can do, realy.

You are very right that, depending on the setting you´re in, vaporising DMT can be not entirely without risks.

Any accident is one too manySad

DudeMeetTyler
#39 Posted : 8/7/2012 8:46:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sad .. this is a very disturbing story ..

I havent been on posting on here much of late but I read this post shortly after it was posted..

As i havent been indulging in the spice much of late, I did not think much of this post or its implications on setting..

However, I recently attended a psy-trance festival.. Where the importance of setting became all toooooooo real....

The festi was set on a beautiful field, which sloped into a beach ..

The 1st night I chilled (with some smoke and a few drinks) and got my bearings, or so I believed.. I felt out the setting of the festival

However, the 2nd night I tripped ...quite hard I might add.. Not fulling understanding the setting.. It was then that I ran into some serious trouble!!!
- i ended up falling down a steep embankment and hitting my head. This embankment led to the river which the beach was located upon...

After falling I then proceeded to stumble around very confused and engulfed in my experience..
Stumbling into the river I believed I was in porta-potty over flow (I believed that the outhouses had over flowed... not sure how better to explain this.. except I did not believe I was in a river/in danger.. I thought I could walk through this "overflow"Pleased

Continuing out into the "overflow" I eventually came to a place where I could no longer touch bottom with my head above water. I knew then I was in some very serious trouble! (Thankfully I was not too far "gone"Pleased.

I then proceeded to catch my breath/catch my wits/bearings and swim back to shore.. I was VERY lucky that I made it back, especially considering my state!

Upon shore, I profusely vomited all of the water that I had swallowed in my venture into the "loo over flow"...

The rest they say is history ..

Only hours later did I realize the danger to which I was in .. and the importance of setting was greatly realize!

Please, wherever your journey may take you, consider the importance of setting!

I was VERY lucky to come out of this... Others ( as olympusmon has stated) have not been so lucky Sad..

Tread wisely,

Tyler

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be a sorry state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"

"My orders were to test the drug...It works" Bass Association by Far Too Loud

Profile Picture by David Aronson, http://www.alchemicalwedding.com/index.html

sauSage
#40 Posted : 8/7/2012 9:04:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My sincerest condolences... death is never easy, but it's especially more difficult when it's unexplained or seems like it could have been easily avoided.

sadly this is one of the known risks that we all take when we decide to go under via any substance be it alcohol, marijuana, or even DMT.

My thoughts and prayers are with you...

ps
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

PREV123NEXT