We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
I lost a friend. dmt and setting was the reason. Options

olympus mon
#1 Posted : 7/7/2012 6:27:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Hey guys and gals. I want to share this with the community so we can all take a min to understand how important setting and sitters can be in certain situations.

It was a great small gathering of good friends on the river here in Oregon. As the party was winding down and the sun was getting ready to rise our friend decided to enjoy a sunrise vape session on the dock to welcome the new day before he turned in to his tent to sleep. He has experience with dmt and was a reasonably responsible man.
He never made it to his tent. When everyone woke they began searching for him feeling something was wrong. Down at the dock was found his shoes and his gvg and jar of dmt at the waters edge. We all knew what had happened and sadly it was confirmed when his body was found a couple hundred yards down the river pant legs rolled up and barefoot.
It seems likely that he blacked out during his vape session and fell into the water never to return to this world. The cause of death was drowning and there is no reason to suspect suicide or fowl play.

What really woke me up is this. What my buddy did didn't seem dangerous or out of the ordinary. Just a nice sunrise vape on the waters edge as many of us have done many times before but black outs do happen with dmt and I wish someone was there to have helped him not fall into he water ending his life. This has happened to me before i have come to with my face on my nightstand having blacked out and falling forward in the same manner.

His Gvg smelled of freshly vaped dmt but we will never know 100% what happened. It seems quite likely that the above description is how it went down.

So please everyone be careful around things like water or fire. Setting can make it great but it can also cause harm if nobody is around to help in an emergency.

I had to pull a friend out of the fire last summer who did the same thing when we were camping. He fell out of his chair and his left suffered 2nd degree burns in the time it took us to get him to safer ground.

Please folks lets not loose anymore good travelers to preventable accidents.
Much love to his family and friends on such a sad ending to a great gathering of loved ones. RIP Paul. I hope it was a great transistion.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 7/7/2012 6:38:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

My thoughts go out to all who knew him.

It's such a shame that it takes something like this to deliver such an important message. When I read the thread title I assumed the thread was referring to a social misunderstanding. This is very sad.

VoidTraveler
#3 Posted : 7/7/2012 6:39:46 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

I'm sorry for your loss and hope you find the strength and courage to support those around you.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

universecannon
#4 Posted : 7/7/2012 6:41:13 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

wow.. so sorry to hear about this olympus. my heart goes out to him, and his family and friends

Do you know if he had ever blacked out from dmt before?

be safe everybody

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

tele
#5 Posted : 7/7/2012 6:43:01 PM
Explorer

I am very sorry. It's impossible for me to understand why things like this happen in life.

That must be the first death stemming from vaporized DMT(or DMT in general)... I am so sorry and I send all my best wishes to all who knew him.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 7/7/2012 6:43:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sad

That's very very sad!

I hope it makes people think twice about where and how they vaporize. Be safe, people! A comfy safe setting and/or a sitter, don't smoke DMT (specially alone) next to water where you can drown, fire, windows or cliffs.

All the best to his family and friends! RIP Paul

Big Inhale
#7 Posted : 7/7/2012 6:43:59 PM

The Enlightend One

Im sorry for your loss Olympus. But the title is misleading. From your report it seems the setting and dmt were fine but the fact that there was no sitter was the problem. The first lesson to be learned before traveling should be never travel alone.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Wax
#8 Posted : 7/7/2012 6:49:45 PM

LUVR

So sorry for your loss Olympus and all who knew him.

Thank you for sharing this tragic yet important story, it is a lesson everyone needs to take to heart. Be well.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Malaclypse
#9 Posted : 7/7/2012 6:53:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So sorry to hear Oly Mon. I wasn't expecting something so heavy when clicking on the thread.

Thanks for sharing this difficult news to remind everyone to stay ever safe regardless of how experienced you might be.

olympus mon
#10 Posted : 7/7/2012 6:54:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Big Inhale wrote:
Im sorry for your loss Olympus. But the title is misleading. From your report it seems the setting and dmt were fine but the fact that there was no sitter was the problem. The first lesson to be learned before traveling should be never travel alone.

I appreciate your opinion but i disagree. I often and will continue to vape solo. I prefer it but I always make sure the setting is safe. No candles open windows ext..

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

endlessness
#11 Posted : 7/7/2012 6:54:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Travelling alone is not a problem, if you do it in a safe setting. Setting includes a sitter around or not, I guess.. The same setting with or without a sitter can make a big difference in some cases, like this one.

I have smoked next to rivers/waterfalls but I was in a safe position and had a sitter. At the same time I've smoked many times alone in a safe place and had no problem. But being in a potentially dangerous place without a sitter, that's really a problem, as unfortunately we see here.

mew
#12 Posted : 7/7/2012 7:11:28 PM

huachumancer

much compassion, was this traveller a fellow nexian as well

Eliyahu
#13 Posted : 7/7/2012 7:58:13 PM
סנדלפון

Very sad to hear this happened. My deepest condolences.
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

christian
#14 Posted : 7/7/2012 8:00:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, very sad news. It just goes to show the importance of being careful, no matter how experienced someone is, they are not immune to the dangers that are always present. My condolences to his family.
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

ziggus
#15 Posted : 7/7/2012 8:10:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

May your friend RIP. Thank you for sharing this and reminding us to be careful. I can't imagine how painful it must have been to find him. My condolences.

Jorkest
#16 Posted : 7/7/2012 8:16:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i may have lost a friend in a similar fashion..i was at burning man with some people i had just met...and one of the people was going to try dmt for the first time....we all went separate ways one night..and he never returned...we later found out after we got home that he had hung himself from a dome...we dont know if he had smoked dmt or not..but he had been taking acid and had been planning on smoking...

sorry to hear this oly...what a terrible thing to wake to Sad
it's a sound

tryptographer
#17 Posted : 7/7/2012 8:35:19 PM

tryptamine photographer

Horrible news, good luck to you and all of your friends...
It's a hard way to learn a lesson.

Thanks for the warning, you may have saved some lives by this post!

Vodsel
#18 Posted : 7/7/2012 8:57:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Hugs for you, your friends and Paul's family, and my sincere condolences.

Besides any painful reminders this might bring, always remember he died in a very, very beautiful place.

#19 Posted : 7/7/2012 9:07:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I'm really sorry to hear this! Best vibes to you friend. <3

tele
#20 Posted : 7/7/2012 9:17:54 PM
Explorer

olympus mon wrote:

I appreciate your opinion but i disagree. I often and will continue to vape solo. I prefer it but I always make sure the setting is safe. No candles open windows ext..

Why no open windows? It's not like it's salviaSmile (referring to the one video where the guy jumped out of the 2nd floors window).

I think vaporized DMT is very safe in sense that it keeps my thinking straight and I know I won't do anything stupid (like even breaking something).
I have even quit using mushrooms due to the fact that my minds functions and judgement are impaired when under the influence. I really prefer to cross dimensions with a clear mind!

I have therefore never needed a sitter when vaporizing.

I see the only danger with vaporized DMT to be smoking it in dangerous area(such as riverside). I have never blacked out myself but I still wouldn't even think about doing it by the water...

Hopefylly everybody has learned from this!

"I once thought I did know all about it
Since the rain falls, the wind blows and the sun shines
Don't you know that your creator is a'running out of ideas?"

-Bert Jansch

123NEXT