We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Some weird event... Options

Infundibulum
#1 Posted : 1/30/2009 1:09:43 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

So I was returning home from work I saw two junkies next to the back door of my block apartment trying to shoot some heroin. And they were fucked as hell, hardly standing up. They couldn't even find their syringe.

I went upstairs, got my tools down, then prepared their dose in PBS (phosphate buffered saline), sterilise it through a microfilter and used individual needles to shoot them up. It was hard as fuck to find a vein in the dark, and I had to shoot them in the hands' veins. But everything went ok and they offered no resistance. I also brought them a bottle of water and 2 sandwiches later on and then went to my flat.

I think I did the right thing.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ohayoco
#2 Posted : 1/30/2009 1:38:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

You shot them up with spice? What happened next?!

Whenever foaf walks past homeless drunks, he wants to give them a hit saying 'this'll cure you of alcholism'. And whenever a crakhead asks him for money, he want to give them a hit of spice and say "Smoke this, it blows crak out of the water and it'll cure you instantly".
He wonders if when the spice hit them, they would truly believe what they'd been told and turn their lives around.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

ohayoco
#3 Posted : 1/30/2009 1:41:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh maybe you mean you gave them heroin not spice?
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

memo
#4 Posted : 1/30/2009 1:58:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that the water and sandwiches was a decent thing. I don't know that facilitating them getting even more fucked up did them a great service. Maybe if they were Jonesing I could personally convince myself that it was the right thing. I guess maybe you did postpone them from making pin cushions out of themselves. If you think you did the right thing and also it's the thought that counts! IMHO Smile
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 1/30/2009 2:37:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

id say you did the right thing...because they were gonna do it anyway..and you did it correctly and sterile..plus you gave them some water..but heroin is bad..
it's a sound

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 1/30/2009 2:48:59 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I'm conflicted.

I will first ask the OP of the thread if he would like to hear my opinion...

This thread is yours Infundibulum.

I would love to voice my opinion but only wish to if it's ok with you.

So I ask... may I post in your thread Infundibulum?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

LiquidxTrance
#7 Posted : 1/30/2009 3:35:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

You aided a man in need. You did the right thing.

Societal hangups regarding addictions can make them a touchy issue. In the long run, helping a hurting man is best done through individually-outlined rehabilitation. This is not the case, however. This is a one time occurance and so the positives and negatives must be weighed on this ONE occurance only. Had he not helped, those men had a possibility of only harming themselves much more severely. The OP's good deed removed this risk and kept these souls safe. He will be rewarded for it.

Infundibulum
#8 Posted : 1/30/2009 10:26:48 AM

ModeratorChemical expert

'Coatl wrote:
I'm conflicted.

I will first ask the OP of the thread if he would like to hear my opinion...

This thread is yours Infundibulum.

I would love to voice my opinion but only wish to if it's ok with you.

So I ask... may I post in your thread Infundibulum?

Well....speak

burnt
#9 Posted : 1/30/2009 1:16:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Theres nothing wrong with helping a few guys out. They were going to get high at some point anyway. If they are hanging around your area its better to have them on your side anyway. That way they can potentially watch your back/neighborhood. I used to always give crackheads old beer cans for them to return. I knew they spent the money on drugs or alcohol but whatever it gave them something to do and plus they kept an eye on the neighborhood from the other crackheads who were breaking into cars etc.

Infundibulum
#10 Posted : 1/30/2009 1:28:06 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

That was my reasoning. They would shoot up anyway whaever way they could, even if it involved ripping their veins apart with their teeth should a needle was not available.

Dunno if they will remember me at all (they were pretty fucked) but hey, you never know.

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 1/30/2009 3:04:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM has known junkies before..and they would tell him stories of not being able to find a good vein and they would start to cry because they couldnt get the needle in...they got it in..but not without damaging themselves slightly..

i dont like heroin..and it scares me because of how it grabs a hold of your life..you will lie to your family..you will steal from friends...and unless you can stop completely...its going ot have a hold of you for a long time..
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#12 Posted : 1/30/2009 3:47:28 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Heroin is fine, it just ask too much in return. Not my kind of pact though.

But again, let us not forget that tha vast majority of heroin-associated problems are actually caused by prohibition. Heroin users can live a long and happy life as long as they are getting clean stuff and shoot under hygienic conditions. Just see Iggy Pop, he's heroin user and still alive and rocking.

Jorkest
#13 Posted : 1/30/2009 4:16:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that is a good way of looking at it...

Quote:
Heroin is fine, it just ask too much in return. Not my kind of pact though.
it's a sound

970Codfert
#14 Posted : 1/30/2009 6:40:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My brother died of a heroin overdose in November. I'm pretty sure he'd still be around if heroin were legal. Especially if rehab weren't some awful burden that followed you around in the form of enormous debt. I argue this with my fundamentalist christian father. I guess he thinks the drug war is, in some form, capable of eradicating heroin. Fat chance.
All posts are fictional.

bufoman
#15 Posted : 1/30/2009 6:49:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

The dangers of heroin are a direct result of prohibition. If people knew what compound they were taking and the dose overdoses would be very rare. This was the case prior to prohibition. Also the lower quality of street heroin and high price is the reason many use needles. Prior to prohibition shooting up was not as common, neither were overdoses yet heroin use was just as prevalent. Prohibition has made heroin into the monster it is today. It can be used safely, as it has no negative health effects in pure form. The only negative is addiction and many other things are also addictive. We need to ensure people who do use these things do so safely. This will not only protect them but society as a whole.
SWIM knows 5 people who have died form heroin (fentynal) overdoses all would be here today if they had known what they were taking and the dose.
Prohibition has eroded our health, safety, and liberty, and not just of drug users everyone is suffering. It is a terrible atrocity which creates the very problems it claims to be at war with.

While some heroin addicts are criminals and liars SWIM knows plenty who never steel or lie. Many of these users you would have no idea they use heroin. They are smart normal productive members of the community. Most people who try it actually don't like it only a small percent end up using it chronically. It is just like percosets it does not like an orgasm. SWIM knows plenty of people who tried it once or twice and never did it again, others use it once and a while, still other use it once a week.... It is just like everything else everyone is different. Almost everything we know about heroin is prohibition propaganda from studying prison populations. Do you study the effects of tobacco or alcohol only at hospitals?

970Codfert
#16 Posted : 1/30/2009 6:54:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Couldn't agree more bufoman. I think it is safe to say we all agree that the war on drugs is a fucking insult. Sad
All posts are fictional.

bufoman
#17 Posted : 1/30/2009 7:04:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

It is an atrocity and MILLIONS are needlessly suffering and dying. The crime rate is higher than ever, overdoses are higher than ever, people are using more dangerous drugs that are not "specifically illegal". It is not just drug users who are suffering all of society is suffering. Prohibition does nothing to curtail use while making the use more dangerous. It is truly an embarrassing era in history and when people of the future look back they will be sick that this actually was allowed to go on. It is only overshadowed by genocide, which one could argue it is a political form of.

The only way to effectively deal with substance use is through regulation (just as is done with ethanol and nicotine). In which case we can control the price, purity, availability. While decreasing crime, saving billions in taxes, generating additional billions ore form taxation, that can be used for proper scientific evaluation of the issue and treatment for those who need it. As well as developing safer analogues with no side effects. It is not complex at all, but the people who benefit from prohibition are not going to admit they are at fault. People need to be told what is occurring. Because of the hysteria around heroin, if we can show people the truth regarding heroin they will see that the whole thing is a dangerous failed experiment that needs to be stopped immediately.

Prohibition is like releasing a drug to treat hypertension, but the drug actually creates hypertension. Why would we continue to use it in light of this evidence?

i am very sorry about your brother. I've have lost many close friends. How many more lives need to be destroyed before people realize it is prohibition that is killing people?

DarkShaman
#18 Posted : 1/30/2009 7:54:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
So I was returning home from work I saw two junkies next to the back door of my block apartment trying to shoot some heroin. And they were fucked as hell, hardly standing up. They couldn't even find their syringe.

I went upstairs, got my tools down, then prepared their dose in PBS (phosphate buffered saline), sterilise it through a microfilter and used individual needles to shoot them up. It was hard as fuck to find a vein in the dark, and I had to shoot them in the hands' veins. But everything went ok and they offered no resistance. I also brought them a bottle of water and 2 sandwiches later on and then went to my flat.

I think I did the right thing.

SWIM feels that the only thing that SWIY did wrong in this situation was not having, first and foremost, shot himself up before aiding the junkies-in-need.

DarkShaman
#19 Posted : 1/30/2009 8:01:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ohayoco wrote:
Oh maybe you mean you gave them heroin not spice?

Ha ha ha!! It is indeed true, though, that dmt can cure mental illnesses (among others) such as drug addiction. The healing powers, however, lie soley in the hands of the space-traveler & unfortunately many wouldn't have a clue as to what to do with these powers.

Additionally, SWIM agrees about curing crackheads because who would ever want to smoke crack-cocaine when they could smoke crack-lsd?

acolon_5
#20 Posted : 1/30/2009 9:04:34 PM

The Great Namah

DarkShaman wrote:
Additionally, SWIM agrees about curing crackheads because who would ever want to smoke crack-cocaine when they could smoke crack-lsd?

Please, I beg, refrain from calling The Spice crack-lsd, it is nothing close to either of these things. I get the joke, but please.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

123NEXT