CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Regarding Ayahuasca Cooking/Prep? Options

tatt
#1 Posted : 1/28/2009 9:11:40 PM

InfoSec

ModeratorSenior Member

SWIM and his close friend have decided on doing an Ayahuasca brew for the 2 of them. Have searched around erowid and dmt-nexus and have decided to use:

-1000 grams of B. Caapi vine
-160 grams of P. Viridis leaves

1.The ayahuasca vine is thoroughly crushed and placed between alternate layers of P. viridis leaves in a stainless-steel or earthenware pot, and covered with water.

2.The brew is gently boiled for 4 hours.

3.The liquid is poured off and collected.

4.Using the same plant matter, the pot is filled again with fresh water, and gently boiled for a further 4 hours.

5.The liquid is again poured off and collected.

6.The plant matter is now discarded.

7.Both quantities of liquid are combined and boiled gently for to concentrate the ayahuasca, until a managable amount is left for each dose.

8.While the evaporation and concentration is taking place, care should be taken to ensure the ayahuasca is not boiled too vigorously, as this will cause degradation of the active ingredients and will also cause caramelisation of the contained sugars, resulting in a very thick final brew.

SWIM's only questions are:

1)According to this brew, how much water is need in conjunction with the givin amounts that SWIM plans to use?

2) Referring to steps 7 & 8, after you combine the two liquid extractions after the total 8 hour brewing period how long does it usually take for it to boil down and how much should be left in the pot after the boil down? Whats the average dosage in ml per individual for a relatively strong experience?

Thanks you guys. Smile
Thirty spokes meet in the hub, though the space between them is the essence of the wheel

with a seemingly autonomous entity after taking DMT?

tatt
#2 Posted : 1/28/2009 11:09:05 PM

InfoSec

ModeratorSenior Member

bump Smile
Thirty spokes meet in the hub, though the space between them is the essence of the wheel

coz42
#3 Posted : 1/29/2009 12:26:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

4oz. of vine will do fine for one or two dreamers; a kilo is too much. I always figured 1:1 ratio of chacruna and vine would be fine and to answer your questions 2 or 3 liters will do. Plus they say one 'shot' will induce, but its really like 3oo- 4ooml. Take your second dose if nothing happens within the hourSurprised
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

tatt
#4 Posted : 1/29/2009 11:02:06 AM

InfoSec

ModeratorSenior Member

Thank you coz42! SWIM is very excited! SWIMS done the freebase form many times and is looking for the more longer, drawn out experience Smile SWIMS actually looking at a 10 day ayahuasca retreat out to Peru. Smile Aya + the jungle + shamans = once in a lifetime opportunity!

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 1/29/2009 6:03:27 PM

The Great Namah

DMTtripn2Space wrote:
SWIM and his close friend have decided on doing an Ayahuasca brew for the 2 of them. Have searched around erowid and dmt-nexus and have decided to use:

-1000 grams of B. Caapi vine
-160 grams of P. Viridis leaves

Way too much Caapi. A Caapi OD, while not dangerous, is very unpleasant. At those dosages you wouldn't need any Viridis for a full blown voyage. 50g/person is a good place to start.

Viridis dosage sounds like a good place to start. 50-100g/person is common, but it really depends on the quality of your Viridis and how efficient you are a extracting it.

Remember that the brew will start to loose potency in about a week or two and freezing the brew is a good idea if you are planning to store it for more than a few weeks in the fridge.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

tatt
#6 Posted : 1/29/2009 7:42:10 PM

InfoSec

ModeratorSenior Member

Thanks for the help acolon_5! SWIM just wanted to clear everything up before attempting the brew.

LiquidxTrance
#7 Posted : 2/3/2009 8:22:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Forgive me for turning this into another direction, but I figured it'd be better than opening another thread...

I'm planning on putting in an order today for some mimosa and either caapi or caapi extract in order to brew the sacred beverage. Can the mimosa be cooked down on its own if I choose to buy the extract and save myself the trouble and sickness of the vine? I would be in support of using some of my freebase for the experience, but I've read that it significantly shortens the duration and can be empty in some of its "magical" areas and chose this path instead since caapi vs extract doesn't seem to hold the same difference. This journey would be for a total of 4-6 people so how much mimosa/caapi would be necessary?