We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
The Herbal Percolator (THP) extraction method Options

rawmo
#41 Posted : 9/21/2009 12:47:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
A ratio for caapi:acidified water is listed in the original post as 1g:150ml.

For those that have experimented with THP for mimosa extraction – what sort of ratio are we looking at for a successful extraction of most of the goodies?

i did 12g mimosa and ~1.5 litres of water @ 60 degrees C [+ phosphoric acid and gelatin],
reduced at ~70 degrees C to ~ 200ml [doses for 2 people]
kicked like a mule Very happy
came on in 20mins, 1.5 hrs really strong [not walking etc],
all done in ~5hrs

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Fable
#42 Posted : 9/21/2009 3:17:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RE the psilo percolation, using vitamin C (ascorbic acid) will prevent the psilo from oxidising. IMO acidifying some H20 would be more efficient than using alcohol.

Using an espresso machine to force hot water through a shot of powdered caapi or MHRB could work a treat.
Now that's an idea, 1 espresso shot worth of caapi/MHRB.
Your Ayahuasca will be ready in 3 minutes sir.Cool
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

soulman
#43 Posted : 12/4/2009 11:39:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With this technique would it be better to use like a longer thinner bottle like a 2l coke bottle or would it be better to use one of those square 5l water bottles that you can get from the spermarket.

Was just thinking in terms of water weight/pressure on top of the herb verses surface area?
You have to go within or you go without

g13juggalo
#44 Posted : 5/21/2010 6:08:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My friends probably going to do this. It seems really helpful.

I'm thinking he'll use a vitamin water bottle because of the thick plastic, and a canning jar.

Could one leave the cap on the bottle, and put a bunch of holes in it? Then put the cotton on top? This would prevent any chances of the cotton falling through, which would be a pain in the ass, and potentially ruin the brew. Plus I don't think a vitamin bottle will work unless this is done, because of the large opening. Theoretically, this would also allow the water to flow through faster because of the large mouth. Would this be a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not sure if less would be extracted because of the quicker flow or not

Also, does this work with syrian rue?

Edit: For anyone looking for an acid to use, orange juice works great.

ThirdEyeVision
#45 Posted : 5/21/2010 6:57:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
"Jorkest" wrote:
umm..what if you guys used a coffee maker?

Experimented a bit once with that. When I added the caapi to the filter, and the water started pouring over it, the water would not filter through fast enough and it started overflowing. At least that was what happened with my coffee maker. If you find a solution to it i'd love to hear it. Would be nice to just add it to a coffee maker, and a brew coming out a few minutes later Very happy

If you mix 1:3 DE:MHRB powder and put in a coffee maker it should flow fast enough.
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

mogascreeta
#46 Posted : 5/28/2010 5:51:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

would addding more vinegar to the solution extract the alks faster?
"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry, I'm wearing the inside out. Look at him now, he's paler somehow, but he's coming round. He's starting to choke It's been so long since he spoke, well he can have the words right from my mouth. And with these words I can see, clear through the clouds that covered me, Just give it time then speak my name. now we can hear ourselves again" Pink Floyd- Wearing the Inside Out
Mogascreeta is a pathological liar and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance.

Mycokris
#47 Posted : 6/10/2010 4:15:42 AM

The Amazing Me

if you use the THP method on Mimosa, do you still need an MAOI?
Recently released from a Psychiatric Hospital, Don't believe anything IT says.

Xt
#48 Posted : 6/10/2010 4:39:16 AM

Yes Mycokris. The pharmacology does not change. The THP is just a method of extracting the DMT. The DMT itself does not change in properties.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Mycokris
#49 Posted : 6/10/2010 2:07:06 PM

The Amazing Me

Thanks, thats what I was thinking
Recently released from a Psychiatric Hospital, Don't believe anything IT says.

Spatial Dementia
#50 Posted : 6/18/2010 5:56:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm planning an aya session soon, and was planning the traditional 3x3 method, but this method looks a lot more appealing to me. Isn't this basically the same as a French coffee press though? So couldn't you just use one of those instead?

And if not, any advice on where I should go looking for cotton? Or any substitute?

Thx

Madcap
#51 Posted : 6/18/2010 8:51:15 PM

illudium Q-36

cottonballs or gauze from a pharmacy or a t-shirt.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Psilocin Dreams
#52 Posted : 7/30/2010 2:22:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok anyone out there around 150 pounds have a dose on Caapi they could tell me. Made a brew using the 3x3 method with 25g caapi and 3.5g MHRB. I vommited 30 mins after ingestion not sure if i kept it down long enough or not but all i gained was a slight lift in mood. Used acidified water maybe i messed up somewhere along the way. not sure but i only have 30g yellow caapi left so not too much to experiment with but ill be getting more soon hopfully.

defunkt
#53 Posted : 8/27/2011 8:37:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A couple of quick questions about the THC tek. It's difficult to get a good perspective from the images on how large the 'large soda bottle' needs to be. Will a 2 gallon Coca-cola bottle and a large gallon size pickle jar do the job?

It appears that running at least 200ML water for each gram of vine will need fairly large container to kepp the tek workable. By my calculation, that's around 11 liter of waters for 50g of vine. Luckily, I have a 12 quart All-Clad in the kitchen to hold and evaporates 11 liters of brew.

There's also mention of adding Coca-cola to the water to help break down the alkaloids. Has anyone tried this and at what ratio?

Thanks!

defunkt attached the following image(s):
olive.jpg (35kb) downloaded 657 time(s).
Coke2Liter.jpg (28kb) downloaded 653 time(s).

ragabr
#54 Posted : 8/28/2011 12:01:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilocin Dreams wrote:
Ok anyone out there around 150 pounds have a dose on Caapi they could tell me. Made a brew using the 3x3 method with 25g caapi and 3.5g MHRB. I vommited 30 mins after ingestion not sure if i kept it down long enough or not but all i gained was a slight lift in mood. Used acidified water maybe i messed up somewhere along the way. not sure but i only have 30g yellow caapi left so not too much to experiment with but ill be getting more soon hopfully.

Usually 50g caapi is minimum to get a good brew going.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

SnozzleBerry
#55 Posted : 8/28/2011 4:34:56 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

defunkt wrote:
A couple of quick questions about the THC tek. It's difficult to get a good perspective from the images on how large the 'large soda bottle' needs to be. Will a 2 gallon Coca-cola bottle and a large gallon size pickle jar do the job?

It appears that running at least 200ML water for each gram of vine will need fairly large container to kepp the tek workable. By my calculation, that's around 11 liter of waters for 50g of vine. Luckily, I have a 12 quart All-Clad in the kitchen to hold and evaporates 11 liters of brew.

There's also mention of adding Coca-cola to the water to help break down the alkaloids. Has anyone tried this and at what ratio?

Thanks!

I wouldn't use a coke bottle...that plastic will lose its integrity if exposed to hot water repeatedly, imo. I've been using liter HDPE bottles from things like ipa or H2O2. You can set up multiple percolators side by side and just do 1 liter through each of them (at boiling hot temperatures if you so choose) if you want a faster extraction.

As for the large pot, I use a 6qt pot and turn it on high from the time my first liter comes through. I put that first liter in the pot, turn it on med-high to start reducing and start the percolator on its second liter while heating up more fresh water. Following this method I can usually get 9-10 liters into the pot before I have to wait for the brew level to reduce. I should imagine if/when you choose to brew larger amounts of bark, that 12L pot will be AMAZING.

Coca-cola contains citric and phosphoric acids. You should be able to use acetic acid (vinegar) to the same effect without adding the taste/ingredients of coke to your brew and you can boil off vinegar at least somewhat. Adding acid does seem to increase the efficiency of THP extractions, take a look.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

defunkt
#56 Posted : 8/29/2011 7:31:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome, Snozzleberry! Thanks for the detailed response. I should be all set now and will look for a couple of HDPE bottles to get started. It sounds like a dash of vinegar per liter of water should will do the trick to help break down the alkaloids.

I'll let you guys know how it goes and will post a detailed update of the TEK.

behindthelight
#57 Posted : 3/12/2012 2:34:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just curios, how does this actually work? I mean when you boil the caapi, it works because the heat from the water release the harmalas into the water right? How does this thing work since there is no boiling water?

staresatwalls
#58 Posted : 3/13/2012 4:54:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it seems to me like the lower than boiling temperature is to avoid getting tannins and other chems that irritate the stomach in the brew. in doing so you can reduce the liquid and get the end product with much less stomach irritation.
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

behindthelight
#59 Posted : 3/13/2012 1:51:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

staresatwalls wrote:
it seems to me like the lower than boiling temperature is to avoid getting tannins and other chems that irritate the stomach in the brew. in doing so you can reduce the liquid and get the end product with much less stomach irritation.

Interesting

dragonaut000
#60 Posted : 6/27/2012 3:00:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So if I followed this tek with 100 grams of caapi would I boil down to find a gram or more of straight caapi alkaloids? Or a more full spectrum product? If I am left with an impure product could I just throw my goo or powder on top of a new cotton filter and repeat the process or would I be better off using some other purification method?

Maybe ice water would assist in pulling more/ more pure product? I'm getting this idea from bubble hash. Is there any scientific reason that a bubble hash style pull would yield the same results as found with mj?

PREV1234NEXT