We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
The Herbal Percolator (THP) extraction method Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 1/28/2009 5:48:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

so can you simmer the resulting liquid to reduce volume? or does that mess up the chemical composition of say the mimosa brew?
it's a sound

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

coz42
#2 Posted : 1/28/2009 6:32:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I ditched the brewing method after stumbling upon this. The Herbal Percolator almost never fails, unless the material is shwag Razz

A prime method for extracting salts as well.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 1/28/2009 6:40:03 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

This method works perfect for me. An half hour extraction by this method was stronger and better than a 10 hour boiling session. Very happy

Thank you for posting this Dagger.

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 1/28/2009 9:47:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM now knows how he is going to brew his first caapi brew. Thanks!

SWIM plans on using a 2:1 solution of distilled water and decaffeinated coca-cola. Will this cause any problems for this method?

coz42
#5 Posted : 1/29/2009 12:31:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:

SWIM plans on using a 2:1 solution of distilled water and decaffeinated coca-cola. Will this cause any problems for this method?

Coca cola additive for flavor?

I'd recommend a dietary supplement instead, Purity products Amazing Oranges. It was only like $4 at GNC. I could have sworn I was in Jamaica! Very clean brew imo
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

Saidin
#6 Posted : 1/29/2009 1:02:44 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Would there be any value in taking the first batch of extracted water and running it back through the percolator?
Possibly as a way of reducing the water needed/time to reduce?
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 1/29/2009 3:15:06 AM

The Great Namah

Thank you Dagger!

This is the clearest percolation tek I've seen yet!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 1/29/2009 7:05:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

coz42 wrote:
amor_fati wrote:

Coca cola additive for flavor?

I'd recommend a dietary supplement instead, Purity products Amazing Oranges. It was only like $4 at GNC. I could have sworn I was in Jamaica! Very clean brew imo

Coca-cola wouldn't be high on SWIM's list for flavor, though SWIM's heard that it's fairly effective at covering the brew's flavor. SWIM would be using it for the phosphoric acid content, as SWIM believes this to be one of the more effective choices of acid. It seems to be fairly common practice, but is there a better choice that SWIM is not considering?

69ron
#9 Posted : 1/29/2009 7:40:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why not use a Soxhlet?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

lorax
#10 Posted : 1/29/2009 4:34:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmmm.. interesting! could one crash the alkaloids out of the reduced brew with some technique?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 1/29/2009 5:24:46 PM

"No, seriously"

69ron wrote:
Why not use a Soxhlet?

Because this will cost you only a few bucks and it's readily available.

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 1/29/2009 8:00:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

im not sure if lorax is asking this too..but could you use this method in an A/B extraction..use an acid and pull out the actives..and then basify with some sodium carbonate..and then pull with xylene/heptane/naphtha whatever..and then get some nice spice from that??
it's a sound

Jorkest
#13 Posted : 1/29/2009 8:09:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has always steered away from A/B because he hates boiling stuff..so perhaps he can give this a go..and he will never have to use sodium hydroxide again..YAY
it's a sound

amor_fati
#14 Posted : 1/29/2009 8:19:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
"amor_fati" wrote:
Coca-cola wouldn't be high on SWIM's list for flavor, though SWIM's heard that it's fairly effective at covering the brew's flavor. SWIM would be using it for the phosphoric acid content, as SWIM believes this to be one of the more effective choices of acid. It seems to be fairly common practice, but is there a better choice that SWIM is not considering?

Vinegar and hcl also works fine. I have heard some people use coca cola, although it is not very common. If you live in the states you could always get pure phosphoric acid. A source is posted somewhere on the aya forum, it you want to check it out. Think it was a site that sold equipment for brewing beer or something.

Yeah, there might be place around here that has phosphoric acid. SWIM's pH meter stopped working some time ago, and he's not entirely comfortable with using vinegar or HCl anyway. SWIM used to use citric acid, but he learned the error of his ways. Coke's readily accessible and may contribute to the experience, but if not, he'll opt for the pure phosphoric and find out what the proper amount to use will be.

Jorkest
#15 Posted : 1/29/2009 8:37:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i think ive read on the Aya forum that 20 drops of 10% phosphoric acid for 1 gallon of water is good..
it's a sound

Saidin
#16 Posted : 1/30/2009 4:30:50 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

The Hummingbird's tech on the Aya forums has cold water extractions using phosphoric acid. http://forums.ayahuasca....hpbb/viewtopic.php?t=851 need to be registered.

http://www.morebeer.com/
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Jorkest
#17 Posted : 1/30/2009 4:47:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes exactly
it's a sound

The Traveler
#18 Posted : 2/9/2009 8:51:49 PM

"No, seriously"

This Tek has now been added to the DMT-Nexus Wiki:
The Herbal Percolator

amor_fati
#19 Posted : 2/9/2009 9:01:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is considering constructing a scaled-down (a narrower and shorter bottle) version of this to extract from psilocybes with ethanol. He was thinking about using cotton-balls instead of towels (due to a smaller size). SWIM is considering this due to the lack of heating and possibly easier filtering (as the contraption should do most of the filtering, correct?) Any thoughts on the matter?

Jorkest
#20 Posted : 2/9/2009 9:41:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that sounds like it would work wonderfully..SWIM would run your ethanol through the mushrooms a few times..
it's a sound

123NEXT»