We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Some things iv noticed on fumarating xylene from stb - please confirm Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 1/28/2009 8:00:02 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Okay so im not sure if my observations were correct and id like some input here.

An stb was pulled with naptha then xylene - first xylene pull when fasa'd precipped quite fast and the salts were like needles.
Second xylene pull fasa'd - took much longer this time and the salts were - well like salt.

Does dmt-fumarate fall out faster and jungle takes longer ? Does dmt-fumarate look more needle like while jungle is more salt like ?
Swim had some jungle in a bowl and decided to fasa it just to confirm and the above obvservations were correct - it took all night for the fumarates to fall out. Also the jungle had been in the bowl for a month or so before fasa'ing, it had allready matured and the fumarating only started after an hour or so, it didnt go milky when fasa was added- with spice its instant and it clouds on contact with fasa.

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

lorax
#2 Posted : 1/28/2009 11:10:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMs was all needles.. yellow ones and white ones.. it also took a while to crystallize tho.. SWIM left it in the jar for a week and it grew bigger and bigger.. SWIM thinks it stopped growing on day 3 or 4. It was one massive crystal formation at the bottom of the jar.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Phlux-
#3 Posted : 1/28/2009 11:19:59 AM

The Root

usually my first pulls xtalize in minutes - later pulls take longer.
i guess this will be figured out more when the fumarates are freebased.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Fuego
#4 Posted : 1/31/2009 8:28:22 PM

Riggly Maynard Charlston Bentsworth |||

Location: my secret volcano lair, really everyone should have one its so cool
lorax wrote:
SWIMs was all needles.. yellow ones and white ones.. it also took a while to crystallize tho.. SWIM left it in the jar for a week and it grew bigger and bigger.. SWIM thinks it stopped growing on day 3 or 4. It was one massive crystal formation at the bottom of the jar.

how much of that would you say is precipitated fumaric acid though?

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 1/31/2009 9:00:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fuego wrote:
lorax wrote:

how much of that would you say is precipitated fumaric acid though?

It's not very likely, if at all possible, that the fumaric acid will precipitate within the solution (unless using naphtha). The only cause of fumaric acid contamination is when the crystals are taken out and dried, because the residual solvent on the crystals may contain trace amounts of fumaric acid.

And anyway, a couple acetone washes will take care of that. SWIM's only concern is how much xylene may be trapped in the crystal structure. This is why SWIM always breaks the crystals into powder when he does an acetone wash. They will form nice hard rocks after the wash if baked; maybe air-drying works for this as well, but SWIM always uses the oven.