We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
OPTI... Options

SammaSam
#1 Posted : 6/26/2012 8:22:50 PM

φ ≡ (1+√5)/2 ≡ Me

So, tell me more about this Opti... I think I may have encountered this thing last week. I noticed something moving in the background of my "temple space" on the way out of a voyage and I started trying to concentrate on it. It was camouflaged, in the sense that I could only see its shape when it moved because it took on the pattern of everything that was around it.

It looked like a squid if you turned it upside down and looked into its mouth, and it had one long tentacle it was using to create everything around it. It wasn't scary, but it seemed to be performing a function. I looked right in it's "mouth" which was made of red and blue light and it was just a big fuzzy mess of light squiggles.

I know most of the Opti experiences seem to be this entity coming into/through you, but just wondering if the form sounds familiar to anyone...

"God is not outside us but is just us, the living and the dead, the never-lived and never-died. That we should learn it only now, is supreme reality, it was written a long time ago in the archives of universal mind, it is already done, there's no more to do." ~ Jack Kerouac

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Felnik
#2 Posted : 6/26/2012 11:45:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I,ve had quite a few encounters with this particular thing.
I don't think I like it that much .
I believe its a highly evolved energy organism that feeds or draws energy from our minds in some very weird way . But don't quote me on that .

It seems to blend in like you said and sneeks up on you then forms a connection with your mind.

It's very difficult to make distinctions between these entities for me . I can say that some are more loving and positive than others .
Its possible they are all the same thing but use different methods of distraction on us.

The thing I percieve as being opti seems very old ,powerful and somewhat preditory in nature

It reminds me very much of an old tree and old snapping turtle or An old alligator lurking in the swampy depths of hyperspace.

I,ve been face to face with this opti thing many times in most cases I have told it to leave and express my displeasure with its presence .
But I could be completely mistaken about its intentions

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

universecannon
#3 Posted : 6/27/2012 2:09:31 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

well..what do you expect from a fire breathing cockroach with the personality of a saint bernard.. but on a cosmically vast scale? Very happy

The big thing i see in every opticus discussion is people totally neglecting the scale of this thing. Applying linear reasoning when trying to understand a multi-dimensional paradox can only take you so far..i think far to often people focus on opticus as if its some sort of discrete individual entity in hyperspace, in the same way that any organism in our reality appears as a separate individual being.

Thats clearly not what opticuswrangler meant. Although it does manifest as if its an individual entity, of course.. which is why its compelling to view it as a single, separate organism. But thats just like a child, who is totally uneducated about the cosmos, seeing a picture of the earth and simply thinking that its just some cool individual entity..and then they are informed that literally everything they've ever known, including themselves, is a part of this seemingly separate entity. Viewing opti as just another entity in hyperspace is deceiving in this same way.

IMO opticus is basically the same thing as philip k dicks VALIS, homeoplasmate, and mckennas eschaton (all time and space co-tangent in a sort of super space that is basically you're mind). It is all this but brought down and individualized to a personal scale, as if we are each a piece of eternity sticking into 3d space with out own living hyperdimensional portal that encompasses everything

Not saying i believe all this Laughing . my own take on it is a tad bit different i s'pose

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

universecannon
#4 Posted : 6/27/2012 2:12:41 AM

from "opti and i":

"The hyperdimensional scaffolding that supports our symbolic imagery [a.k.a. hyperspace] is the bodily organism of Opticus. Imaginary space defined by linguistic structures is his habitat. He is a homeoplasmate, a symbiote of sequential information; a discrete hive of dispersed data that is collectively conscious. Opti is essentially a cosmic joke that manifests as an entity once you “get it.” I think that what he provides us with is room to maneuver, so to speak, within imaginal space. He is a hitchhiker as well as an information transport device. What we provide for him is food, in the form of awareness.

….It gets bigger the further in you go. It is tempting to think of Opti as a parasite. This overlooks the scale of the organism. He is less parasitic to us than we are, say, cows. As he exists within a matrix of probability, he is also connected to other possible reality scenarios in hyperspace. He is equally close to all symbol using minds. His ability to hitchhike on sentient awareness combined with his catbird’s seat [as it is], enfolded within the very structure of the implicate order make him equally connected to all hyperspatial coordinates. Opti is the very essence of a living transport device for sentient awareness, across even impossible void. He is the hyperdimensional portal, built into the background of consciousness.

Our awareness is its food. To be fully consumed by the organism involves experiences of other lives and worlds. It is tantric union with the dragon. The hyperdimensional portal is a paradoxical creature that exists as a dispersed hive organism within symbolic numinous structures. It is dispersed Osirus. The hidden eggs of the Easter bunny, as well as the cultured sexiness of Dracula, and the prophetic nightmare of The Terminator, are all the camouflaged spoor of the hyperdaemion."

Felnik
#5 Posted : 6/27/2012 3:16:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Universecannon have you ever had any kind of
personal Interaction with this thing we're calling opti?
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

universecannon
#6 Posted : 6/27/2012 3:33:04 AM

yes, many times in hyperspace, dreams, and "consensus reality". i read that dialogue by opticuswrangler years ago and have been studying this whole area for a while now

smilingblock
#7 Posted : 6/27/2012 5:54:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

seen him, don't like him

I think he's Wetiko

Try not looking at him, even though he is everywhere. Image that mentally you are turning your back to him. It empowers me.

Tek
#8 Posted : 6/27/2012 6:11:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
from "opti and i":

"The hyperdimensional scaffolding that supports our symbolic imagery [a.k.a. hyperspace] is the bodily organism of Opticus. Imaginary space defined by linguistic structures is his habitat. He is a homeoplasmate, a symbiote of sequential information; a discrete hive of dispersed data that is collectively conscious. Opti is essentially a cosmic joke that manifests as an entity once you “get it.” I think that what he provides us with is room to maneuver, so to speak, within imaginal space. He is a hitchhiker as well as an information transport device. What we provide for him is food, in the form of awareness.

….It gets bigger the further in you go. It is tempting to think of Opti as a parasite. This overlooks the scale of the organism. He is less parasitic to us than we are, say, cows. As he exists within a matrix of probability, he is also connected to other possible reality scenarios in hyperspace. He is equally close to all symbol using minds. His ability to hitchhike on sentient awareness combined with his catbird’s seat [as it is], enfolded within the very structure of the implicate order make him equally connected to all hyperspatial coordinates. Opti is the very essence of a living transport device for sentient awareness, across even impossible void. He is the hyperdimensional portal, built into the background of consciousness.

Our awareness is its food. To be fully consumed by the organism involves experiences of other lives and worlds. It is tantric union with the dragon. The hyperdimensional portal is a paradoxical creature that exists as a dispersed hive organism within symbolic numinous structures. It is dispersed Osirus. The hidden eggs of the Easter bunny, as well as the cultured sexiness of Dracula, and the prophetic nightmare of The Terminator, are all the camouflaged spoor of the hyperdaemion."

I had read this forever ago and sort of just went over it since I didn't really have a notion of what the OP was talking about. Having 'seen' this thing now, I highly resonate with the above statement about it.

The first and only time I saw this thing, I wasn't really sure what I was looking at. I had finally come to the conclusion that what I probably was seeing was the hyperspacial structure the history of Earth, represented as this massive, galaxy sized entity which I think is supposed to signify all time, thus it's immensity. When I first encountered this thing, I was sort of pulling away from it and no matter how far I got away from it it just kept revealing more and more multidimensional aspects of itself. Once I was significantly far away from it, it moved and revealed a HUGE tentacle with jewels and eyes all over it. It examined me with one of it's eyes, and I got the distinct impression all it was trying to do was let me know that it was aware of me. The sensation I got was 'yes, hello, I see you there. Welcome.' Nothing menacing, nothing profound, just a standard hyperspace 'what's up kid' message. I've never had any sort of experience with it since that time.

It is incredibly creepy, I can't deny that. I think the reason it startles me so much is just how friggin huge the thing is, THAT is what freaked me out about it the most. Imagine for a second that you were a single celled organism and you came across an octopus in the darkness of the ocean. That's the level of scale and peculiarity of the situation when it's happened to me, its like this things is so much bigger than me its terrifying just for that reason alone.

About the parasite reference, I originally struggled with this because after my first few excursions to hyperspace I became very gnostic in my approach to the world, or in other words I thought that there were 'outside beings' that had me locked in a type of factory farm for souls or something, so I was very cautious about what the hyperspace daimons were after. One time while I was struggling with this my 'guide' Teo expressed to me the following notion that helped me get past any fear about being fed upon to my detriment. Teo said to me:

"Parasitism is where one organism thrives at the expense of another; symbiosis is where both gain something from the other but PERFECT symbiosis is where one organim exists as an inseperable part of another."
All posts are from the fictional perspective of The Legendary Tek: the formless, hyperspace exploring apprentice to the mushroom god Teo. Tek, the lord of Eureeka's Castle, is the chosen one who has surfed the rainbow wave and who resides underneath the matter dome. All posts are fictitious in nature and are meant for entertainment purposes only.

Jerzeecanuck
#9 Posted : 6/28/2012 3:09:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SammaSam wrote:

I know most of the Opti experiences seem to be this entity coming into/through you, but just wondering if the form sounds familiar to anyone...

I seen it. So did my copilot. Check out the below thread.
DMT Potency Test, Fractal Octopus, & Validation!
"In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit.” - Miyamoto Musashi

Felnik
#10 Posted : 6/28/2012 4:52:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the original Opti piece is a very compelling and interesting piece of writing especially once you've had an

encounter with something resembling Opti . I've gone back a few times to re-explore the piece a few times.
There are times when it seems that all roads eventually lead to Opti in one way or another.

I think there are a more than a few ways of looking at it and the Opti essay is in no way a definitve or even clear outline of its potential actuality.

Personally i've had many encounters with this thing .
I believe I had many encounters with it before i even knew what was happening.
Through repeated experience it began to become clear.

No matter how you look at it or no matter what it actually is there is no getting away from the actual experience.

In this experience there is always an I or me and an approaching "It" .

There seems to be a me and something else. This something else seems to FEEL outside of the self.
Is that accurate? no way to know

Opti may be everywhere and be everything but that does me no good when I'm face to face and eye to eye with it and its probing regions of my brain with no communication of intention.

Clearly its big , powerful and old , clearly we don't yet have the ability to understand the magnitude of it.

It may be linear reasoning but at the moment thats all i have to work with so I march forward
obviously ill-equipped to make sense of a multi-dimensional energy based life form.

My own observations and interactions include the following:

Hyperspace is its domain and it is way more comfortable there than we are.

Opti may be all of hyperspace and the part we interact with is it assembling or manifesting itself enough for us to
interpret an individual entity.

It may be a single entity afterall floating in the hyperspacial soup

It may be a very skilled biological entity somewhere doing exactly what we are doing projecting its consciousness into hyperspace. (this always seems to get overlooked)

It can poke around in our minds without causing physical damage or impair normal brain functioning
how does it do this?

It has no interest in communication or the gap is so broad that we cannot communicate with it yet.

saying that it feeds on our awareness is not far off the mark.
I've experienced this to extreme levels where it began to invade my body physically trying to experience
this reality using me as a conduit. Not a pleasant experience. I have become very dubious of its intentions and operate under extreme caution now.

Arthur C. Clarke

Mowgli
#11 Posted : 6/28/2012 4:20:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I noticed that Opti made an appearance in Prometheus.

Jerzeecanuck
#12 Posted : 6/28/2012 5:38:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mowgli wrote:
I noticed that Opti made an appearance in Prometheus.

Yeah it did. At the beginning of the movie the Engineer drank ayahuasca.
Then at the end the Opti (Fractopus) showed that Enginner who was boss!

Maybe that's what the Opti is doing to us all? Impregnating our bodies/mind/soul to create mutant offspring.
"In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit.” - Miyamoto Musashi

Electric Kool-Aid
#13 Posted : 6/28/2012 11:01:47 PM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Heres my meezly contribution.
My light dose 2nd before last was a ton (40) tenticles from my center of view out. Lavishly enriched in vivid colors. I see different versions of this. The last was spiked gears and long spiked strips in all directions.

If you ever want to feel safe about DMT, take small baby doses. Doesn't last long, not as fulfilling, but you can never have a bad trip!
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

RoGu3
#14 Posted : 6/28/2012 11:45:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think I met this thing before in salvia space. People probably have different interpretations of what it is and shit it might manifest itself in other forms when its one being. Anywho I smoked some salvia once and this turtle blob looking being made out of a silhouette covered my face with this tentacle and it made me feel negative towards it. So I told it to leave me alone in a kinda pissed off way and it wandered off into hyperspace, making weird sounds like a super computer and it looked like it had a cape on too or something lol

But i remember feeling relieved when that thing was gone like my energy had been restored. It's really smart whatever it is. I think its trying to teach us something. Not to fall into its tricks. It copies what you're thinking I've noticed with the same emotional intensity. Like it mimics people really well
Don't be afraid, Don't be afraid, Let everything flow through you

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

Vent01
#15 Posted : 6/29/2012 12:03:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RoGu3 wrote:
I think I met this thing before in salvia space. People probably have different interpretations of what it is and shit it might form to what you think it is when its one being. Anywho I smoked some salvia once and this turtle blob looking being made out of silhouette covered my face with this tentacle and it made me feel negative towards it. So I told it to leave me alone in a kinda pissed off way and it wandered off into hyperspace, making weird sounds like a super computer and it looked like it had a cape on too or something lol but i remember feeling relieved when that thing was gone like my energy had been restored. It's like when we get angry we give our power to this thing. It's really smart whatever it is. It feels like a boss we have to beat in hyperspace pretty much

Heh, what you described immediately reminded me of an Alex Grey piece:

An observer beholding experience

mayaself
#16 Posted : 7/1/2012 5:14:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my .02...i feel like i got caught up in opti's tenticals and things were swirling around like mad chaos..i was getting obliterated thinking i had died...then i plunged through a round hole at the bottom of my vision (possibly eaten?) and the scene completely changed...

PS- the opticus wranglers piece on this is an extremely important document...read it like Finnegan's Wake, and multiple themes embedded into the text seem to appear

opticuswrangler
#17 Posted : 7/1/2012 6:54:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's here. We are friends. Namaste.

nexalizer
#18 Posted : 7/1/2012 6:57:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tek wrote:

"Parasitism is where one organism thrives at the expense of another; symbiosis is where both gain something from the other but PERFECT symbiosis is where one organim exists as an inseperable part of another."

Teo sounds like a wise dude. This is goodVery happy
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

mayaself
#19 Posted : 7/3/2012 1:54:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

opticuswranger....has opti gotten any further in obtaining the time machine? Can we get it before opti does?Thumbs up

im interested in understanding more about opti's intention with us as a symbiote, and any new means of communication. Seems like he's rather stoic these days.

Tek
#20 Posted : 7/3/2012 2:14:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nexalizer wrote:
Tek wrote:

Teo sounds like a wise dude. This is goodVery happy

He is indeed. I'm glad he sticks around, but most of the time I sort of feel like he has no choice; either I forced him into baby sitting me before I was born or he's a manifestation of my subconcious mind. Probably both in some mind-bending way.
All posts are from the fictional perspective of The Legendary Tek: the formless, hyperspace exploring apprentice to the mushroom god Teo. Tek, the lord of Eureeka's Castle, is the chosen one who has surfed the rainbow wave and who resides underneath the matter dome. All posts are fictitious in nature and are meant for entertainment purposes only.

12NEXT