We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Fumarate to freebase conversion need help :) Options

amazingino
#1 Posted : 6/22/2012 3:33:35 PM

Thanatonaut

Hello all, I tried to convert few grams of DMT fumarate into freebase using the slow pure white crystallization method.

1) Dissolved fumarate into around 40mL boiling hot water
2) Around 25mL sodium carbonate saturated water at room temperature was slowly poured into it until everything went milky, and some more just in case.
3) Mix put into fridge.

Two days later, it doesn't look very pretty and crystallized, so I don't know if there is something wrong with all this. Its looking like several layers of sand and goo Smile

Maybe I should've waited for the mix to cool down to room temperature before putting it in fridge?
amazingino attached the following image(s):
IMG_3014.JPG (474kb) downloaded 195 time(s).
My reality does not exist.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Purges
#2 Posted : 6/22/2012 4:14:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You are supposed to dissolve the fumarate in a minimal amount of water, and then add the sodium carbonate solution by the drop, say 5 every 30 mins or so. I have also done it the same way as you and had less than ideal results. From the colour of the water, it looks like the fumarates were quite 'dirty' - I have had best results using cleaned fumarates. Don't worry though, the DMT is still in there, it will just take a little extra work to get it back out.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

endlessness
#3 Posted : 6/22/2012 4:16:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The quicker it cools down, the less apropriate it is for crystal forming, so it will be more powdery. Also if your fumarates were very impure, crystalization isnt as nice. And adding the sodium carb solution as slowly as possible works best

Next time better leave solution cooling down slowly at room temperature, and only later put in the fridge.

As for what you have now, you can try leaving in the fridge for a couple more days seeing if it crystalizes some more. If not, either filter through coffee filter and hopefully your dmt stays on top, or if all goes wrong, dissolve in apropriate solvent again and resalt. If DMT stays on top of filter and you feel its good enough to smoke, great. If you feel its too impure or if some of it melted into the filter, you can dissolve in acetone and do FASA, or dissolve in IPA and do FASI to have cleaner fumarates, and repeat process with slower cooling.

Whatever you do, dont throw it anything away until youre done and happy with yield, because dmt can always be recovered.

amazingino
#4 Posted : 6/22/2012 5:30:47 PM

Thanatonaut

You are right, fumarate wasn't cleaned at all, it is pretty jimjam Smile

I'll clean the fumarate in hot IPA then freeze precip and retry with few grams adding sc solution slowly and gently change temperature.

But you can be sure that I'll try to smoke some sand ! Smile
Thank you for your input.

amazingino
#5 Posted : 6/23/2012 3:23:15 PM

Thanatonaut

I'm wondering if it is possible to mix fumarate with excess sodium carbonate, make a paste, dry it and then wash excess sodium carbonate with water instead of pulling with IPA or acetone?

If freebase does not dissolve in basic water, it seems like a safe way to clean it right?

(maybe "paste" tek should be updated to include water wash)

endlessness
#6 Posted : 6/24/2012 7:15:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, this idea was mentioned by amor fati:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...tion#Freebase_Conversion

Feel free to edit the conversion wiki yourself and add a link to this conversion there too if you want, we certainly need help with people doing such things Pleased