We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Wild Phalaris Options

inpursuitofcrystal
#1 Posted : 6/22/2012 6:40:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Because of the abundance of different types of phalaris grass in my area and not, any other plants that are good for DMT exractions I am starting this thread to help increase the knowledge of the use/dangers of phalaris grass for anyone wanting to step nto the unknown.

The only extraction from Phalaris arundinacae that I have received our crystals was a A/B extraction with Sdium bisulfate and Sodium hydroxide as the acid and bases. To break apart the salts to make a freebase DMT I put the pH up to around 12-13. After allowing this mixture to settle with around 10% warm naphtha as the solvent I then pulled the solvent and let evaporate leaving behind a dish of a 0.7-1% yield of clear crysals. I don't have any way of testing for alkaloids so I can't give an impurity rate or an approx. Ratio of toxins to useable DMT.
If anyone can give a decent test result of this it would be great. I'm also guessing that since every extraction of mine has a different yield and different outcome, I'm going to say that testing during different seasons, weather patterns and humitidy levels will also show how these can effect the amount of alkaloids, DMT, 5meo, and toxins found in the grass.
Thanks for any contributions. Smile
If you take the leap into the world of psychadelics your conscience is instantly opened to the truth of reality.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 6/22/2012 6:57:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

well in the meantime you can check this thread..

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=29986

The first graph is from wild arundinacea extract I sent for testing.
Long live the unwoke.

Parshvik Chintan
#3 Posted : 6/22/2012 8:43:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this thread is extremely intersting to me as well, as literally EVERYWHERE in ak i have been so far, i have seen phalaris arundinacea nearby.

i was thinking perhaps the best way to go about doing this would be to do an preliminary extraction (in my case q21q21) and then go about finding away to further isolate the DMT from the rest (preferably including other neat tryptamines like NMT or 5-MEO or whatever else happens to be in there).
is this possible to do without a ridiculous amount of effort?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

nen888
#4 Posted : 6/22/2012 9:20:26 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..endlessness i believe found that a d-limonine extract pulled mainly the dmt..see here and also https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=29986..

jamie
#5 Posted : 6/22/2012 6:01:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

well I used limo and it pulled more beta carbolines and 5meoNMT than it did DMT..but yes the limo at room temp apparently does not pull the gramine or hordenine. I used hot limo in the sample from the thread I linked and that seemed to pull some gramine.
Long live the unwoke.

Parshvik Chintan
#6 Posted : 6/22/2012 8:18:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
^..endlessness i believe found that a d-limonine extract pulled mainly the dmt..see here and also https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=29986..

yea, that is why i chose to do what i have planned so far, as it comes recommended by endlessness. however if possible, i would rather err on the side of caution, rather than just assume that whatever i extracted is probably mostly DMT.
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Parshvik Chintan
#7 Posted : 6/29/2012 5:51:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so in the spirit of the thread, i went out and harvested me a couple freezer bags of compacted phalaris, but it got left in a warm car for a couple days, and just started to wilt/darken and smell bad (it is stored in my freezer for now).

is this still extractable?

CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

endlessness
#8 Posted : 6/29/2012 8:17:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Enzymes in phalaris keep working on the chemical content of the plant after you harvest it. Its possible some alkaloids got destroyed... If I were you I'd rather throw that away and extract some fresh one, or leave it soaking in alcohol as soon as you extract if you dont extract immediately, as the phalaris analysis thread says.

Also I would go for naphtha for extracting it if possible, seems its more selective than limonene, from my first tests with gramine solubility.

SHroomtroll
#9 Posted : 6/29/2012 4:05:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any idea if heptane pulls the bad stuff?

I have alot of Phalaris arundinacea growing just outside my house and im out of mhrb and is bored...

Im thinking about ding a A/B on a pound and see if i get anything out.

Also anyone have any idea what part of the grass that contains the most goodies?

endlessness
#10 Posted : 6/29/2012 4:15:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gramine is practically insoluble in heptane/aliphatic-only naphtha, according to merck index and according to my own preliminary tests with gramine standard (though I still need to do a proper solubility test sometime next week or so). Pulling with that, plus a re-x, should make sure there is nothing or very very little nasties.

Ideally look into TLC. Ask me again towards the end of the summer and I might be able to help out with a link to tlc kit supplier.

Vodsel
#11 Posted : 6/29/2012 4:27:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

SHroomtroll wrote:
Also anyone have any idea what part of the grass that contains the most goodies?

Available papers suggest that the higher parts of the leaf (upper third) show the highest alkaloid profile (both tryptamines and gramine).

Also, seems that P.Arundinacea alkaloid yields are quite higher when the harvest has been made by continuous clippings, more than free growth (Woods & Clark, 1971).

Harvest is allegedly optimal in late summer, early in the morning. Also, high nitrogen fertilization is related to higher alkaloids concentration, so you might want to give them ammonium nitrates.

SHroomtroll
#12 Posted : 6/29/2012 5:03:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well it´s a nearby island that has alot of vegetation with alot of different kinds of grass, now i have a few kinds here and im trying to id which one is the phalaris.

If it´s like you say i will go down first thing tomorow morning and cut down a bunch of grass and boil it in vinegar for a few hours and then do some basing and puls during the day.

Any documents on yields to expect from this kind of grass?

christian
#13 Posted : 6/29/2012 5:12:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
gramine is practically insoluble in heptane/aliphatic-only naphtha

I guess that the orange juice would not be a wise move as an aya admix then. Only the extract?
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

inpursuitofcrystal
#14 Posted : 6/29/2012 6:36:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have noticed that low amounts of naphtha as a solvent often pulls a lot more pure spice. Regardless of which part of the plant. I have gotten the highest yield when I pulled the flowers off the grass and used that for an A/B extraction. It worked out really good. Someone should try that and have the spice analyzed to see how pure it actually is. Also beta-carbolines might be present in phalaris extractions, if so then phalaris extraction would be active orally. Someone should really test this theory.
If you take the leap into the world of psychadelics your conscience is instantly opened to the truth of reality.

SHroomtroll
#15 Posted : 6/30/2012 9:52:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well if this is the case then i wonder what all the fuzz about a special "grass tek" is about?

If a normal acid base with heptane pull should work why isnt everyone pulling spice from grass yet?

endlessness
#16 Posted : 6/30/2012 10:12:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Because some grass yield no dmt at all, and because up until now, people were unsure if gramine could really be separated with heptane/hexane/aliphatic naphtha.. We have accumulated more data that this is so, but the genetics and growing conditions of the grass will still play a big part. We now need more people extracting different grass, conditions of the grass growth (wild vs grown, general geographic location, etc) and posting their yields, so we gather more info on it. And people should still be careful with bioassaying and starting very low, and ideally looking into TLC or at least reagents such as marquis/ehrlich

SHroomtroll
#17 Posted : 6/30/2012 12:00:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok i see so it was more of a safety first approach then anything else then...

I have just gotten home from the island with a bag full of this stuff, it´s crazy once i was sure it was the right one it grew everywhere!

If i get anything from this i will have an infinite supply of spice since this is a very common species in my country.

Anyway i have about a pound boiling now with alot of vinegar and i will get some naphta later and make some pulls tonight.