We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Living life honestly, fulfilling our duty? Options

christian
#1 Posted : 6/17/2012 8:46:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering. We have 7 chakras. Is it our true duty to our true selves to express fully each of our 7 chakras, terminating with the 7'th "crown" chakra in order to have lived a good life to secure a good death?
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tele
#2 Posted : 6/17/2012 10:10:36 PM
Explorer

I believe chakras don't matter much when it comes to daily proper living, they are just one spiritual widespread interprentation of human essence. I used to regard them as great explanation, but these days I find it as a rather limited view on our essence and as a "spiritual system".

http://2.bp.blogspot.com...xqbPE/s1600/IMG_0615.JPG

That is one of the interesting interprentations on chakras functions, it's made alledgedly by lahiri mahasaya and the chart hasn't been well "translated" to this day, but it seems to connect sounds to the chakra points etc.

Personally after all the chakra yoga(kriya yoga that I used to do) and reading about the chakras I've done, I have no interest in chakras anymore for the above reasons.

christian
#3 Posted : 6/17/2012 10:34:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, Tele.

I guess the answer for most of us that can is to just live as positively and freely as possible. I guess we fulfill our needs automatically throughout life without need to consider since all we are required to do is act on our desires. Perhaps in doing so we keep our chakras highly functioning or whatever..What do you think?
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

tele
#4 Posted : 6/17/2012 10:35:44 PM
Explorer

Personally I believe being a good person has nothing to do with the chakras. Maybe chakras is just an interprentation made by a stoned yogi thousands of years ago, who really knows. The thing is to listen to your heart.

Infinite I
#5 Posted : 6/17/2012 11:28:16 PM

JC

christian wrote:
I was wondering. We have 7 chakras. Is it our true duty to our true selves to express fully each of our 7 chakras, terminating with the 7'th "crown" chakra in order to have lived a good life to secure a good death?

Quote:
live as positively and freely as possible. I guess we fulfill our needs automatically throughout life without need to consider since all we are required to do is act on our desires. Perhaps in doing so we keep our chakras highly functioning or whatever.

Ask a question..... Big grin

jamie
#6 Posted : 6/18/2012 7:18:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I thought we had 13 chakras..
Long live the unwoke.

jungleheart
#7 Posted : 6/18/2012 10:14:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
I thought we had 13 chakras..

Heard there were millions, including ones in our ears, but they focus on the main ones.

brokin
#8 Posted : 6/18/2012 10:25:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Like The Tree of Life in Kabbalah, the chakra "mapping system" it's just a visual interpretation that can be put for many things.

That doesn't mean it's useless...

Fulfilling our duty would be to be free.When I say I free I mean living life by your rules, your concepts and ideas.
Do what you REALLY want.

That is a pretty hard thing to do in society today.

lyserge
#9 Posted : 6/18/2012 12:03:25 PM

polyfather anomalous

Maybe they're more of a potentially useful metaphor than things that literally exist?
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland