We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Alex Greys' " Chapel Of Sacred Mirrors" (cosm) Documentary Options

Dwhitty76
#1 Posted : 1/24/2009 6:44:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Enjoy!! http://video.google.com/...ocid=6827097227365303858
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rellik
#2 Posted : 1/24/2009 8:04:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im sad i never saw the cosm in its previous existence but look forward to seeing it in the the new space.

i heard they are having their last event in NYC this monday though...
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

Dwhitty76
#3 Posted : 1/24/2009 9:33:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was up in N.Y.C to visit my fam for the holiday's and got to visit the chapel before it closed down,which i believe it did on New Years Eve (they had a big closing party).The good thing is now he has over 40 acres in upstate N.Y. and it's gonna be amazing when they're finished.

I actually was priveledged enough to see him and his wife paint live,during art basel this yr. in miami.

His work is amazing to look at whether it's in a book or on the internet but when you get to see it up close, you get to all the detail that goes into his work. It's amazing.

I'm excited for the new site,aswell.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

droplet
#4 Posted : 1/25/2009 1:53:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I got to go for his birthday celebration before it closed, twas pretty awesome. I thought it was a little over hyped from what I heard from a bunch of people, but it was still chill. His artwork definitely has a better effect in person.

40oztofreedom
#5 Posted : 1/25/2009 6:22:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

droplet wrote:
I got to go for his birthday celebration before it closed, twas pretty awesome. I thought it was a little over hyped from what I heard from a bunch of people, but it was still chill. His artwork definitely has a better effect in person.

I don't know how his artwork can get any better as it is online. It sends chills down my spine just looking at them.

If I ever got the chance to see his artwork in person I'm pretty sure I would piss myself from excitement.Laughing
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

Dwhitty76
#6 Posted : 1/27/2009 9:10:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

droplet wrote:

As much as i love his work, i would have to agree that there is a little hype. They were asking $100 admission at the door for his "closing new yrs. eve bash"...i thought that was a little steep.

I walked into Barnes and Nobles the other day and as soon as you walk in there was an Alex Grey book (front and center) on display. I think his major increase in popularity might be attributed to his artwork for "Tool".

Don't get me wrong i think it's great that he is having much success and exposure but c'mon $100 admission?

He's a visionary artist. I very much like Luke Brown,aswell.

40oztofreedom
#7 Posted : 1/27/2009 9:18:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

His artwork for Tool is the number one reason why he is as famous as he is today, and probably why admissions fees are so high as well.

But with Tool being notorious for trippy concerts, videos, who better to do the artwork than Alex Grey?
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

droplet
#8 Posted : 1/28/2009 8:24:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In the painting world, he has been catching peoples attention before Tool, but they definitely did help spread him amongst the masses.

And the only reason he was charging 100 that night was because it was the last one... for his birthday celebration i payed 30 which is still higher than it usually is. sometimes is 5 dollars, it all depends on whats going on there...

I do know the reason he's charging all that money though is because he's building that new complex though...

shoe
#9 Posted : 1/29/2009 10:22:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had no idea until just then that he did artwork for tool. But I have definately seen almost *exactly* what he painted,... the chamber of eyes...

http://www.cfa.ilstu.edu..._editions/grey_e_pgi.jpg

Thats exactly what the vision was; with the one exception that I was inside.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Dwhitty76
#10 Posted : 1/30/2009 8:22:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
I had no idea until just then that he did artwork for tool. But I have definately seen almost *exactly* what he painted,... the chamber of eyes...

http://www.cfa.ilstu.edu..._editions/grey_e_pgi.jpg

Thats exactly what the vision was; with the one exception that I was inside.

Yup,me too. I guess thats why Rick Strassman chose Alex Grey's "Dying" painting for the cover of "The Spirit Molecule", which is a similar painting (i have it framed above my bed, along w/ a dreamcatcher).