We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
is there a definition of godhead or is it purely subjective? Options

staresatwalls
#1 Posted : 6/13/2012 6:30:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if you had to define godhead, or give an example of it, what would you say?

the only example i have to give, b/c i can't define it (hence the post), is when i broke through on smoked dmt and i got to a point where i understood E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

i guess i remember god head twice. the other time was on 5 hits of good L on 3g's of syrian rue and i was at a party and was OBVIOUSLY the person tripping the hardest (few people there were tripping). well, i saw everyones minds connected by some kind of metaphysical web (b/c if i had to guess EVERYONE THERE was conscious of the fact that people were tripping on acid outside smoking joints and that one guy is tripping too hard to be in public LOL). well anyway i saw a web connecting all the minds conscious of me and my state (everyone present) and it was beautiful.

that instance of god head was quite different than the other. is it possible for us to settle on a "definition" of god head?
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

a1pha
#2 Posted : 6/13/2012 6:53:56 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Definition: YOU
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

daedaloops
#3 Posted : 6/13/2012 2:04:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always did wonder what people meant when they used that word. I mean I've had experiences like you describe, where I understood everything and I inhabited every single particle in the universe on every single moment of time. But I never associated the word "godhead" with that. To me it always sounded like seeing or merging with the head of a god, which is like a bright light or something..

.¤ . . . ¤. . . . \ /
Rolling eyes . .Confused . .- Shocked -
. . . . . . . . . . / \

#4 Posted : 6/13/2012 5:38:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

a1pha wrote:
Definition: YOU

^^^ THIS

<<<<< Or my name Smile

GobblinTorch
#5 Posted : 6/13/2012 6:33:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

YOU describes it pretty well, and so does the OP.

To me it's a state of omniscient awareness whereby YOU become the head of "god."

I wouldn't say that you understand E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. I'd say you're A-W-A-R-E of multiple understandings of E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. An interconnecting web as the OP said.

I agree with it being YOU, because it is entirely subjective. So is it possible for "us" to settle on a "definition" of god head?

Perhaps.

RebornInSmoke
#6 Posted : 10/6/2012 2:37:15 PM

Lysergic Feline

for me, what it means to me i would say is....
Brahman...
The infinite infinite, the Omniverse ॐ, the supreme hologram that is "reality" and every subjectively individual concscious awareness persona that inhabits it, all that is, ever was and will be; {everything and anything all at once but never}

...the true, divine, inner infinite self.

"He who thinks he knows It not, knows It. He who thinks he knows It, knows It not.
The true knowers think they can never know It (
because of Its infinitude),
while the ignorant think they know It.

He who considers It beyond thought, beyond sense– perception, beyond mind and speech, he alone has a true understanding of Brahman. They who judge a living being from his external form and sense faculties, know him not; because the real Self of man is not manifested in his seeing, hearing, speaking. His real Self is that within by which he hears and speaks and sees. In the same way he knows not Brahman who thinks he knows It by name and form.

The arrogant and foolish man thinks he knows everything; but the true knower is humble.
He says: “
How can I know Thee, who art Infinite and beyond mind and speech?

He who thinks he knows It, knows It not; because It is never known by those who believe that It can be grasped by the intellect or by the senses; but It can be known by him who knows It as the basis of all consciousness.
The knower of Truth says, “
I know It not.” because he realizes the unbounded, infinite nature of the Supreme.
Thou art this (the visible), Thou art That (the invisible), and Thou art all that is beyond..” he declares.
"
Gun it to 88...
..::those who speak do not know, those who know do not speak::..
<3

Rising Spirit
#7 Posted : 10/7/2012 2:42:38 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

staresatwalls wrote:
if you had to define godhead, or give an example of it, what would you say?

the only example i have to give, b/c i can't define it (hence the post), is when i broke through on smoked dmt and i got to a point where i understood E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

well anyway i saw a web connecting all the minds conscious of me and my state (everyone present) and it was beautiful.

that instance of god head was quite different than the other. is it possible for us to settle on a "definition" of god head?

I honestly feel that our species can settle on very, very few consensuses. Our world's history is largely woven from misunderstanding, division, disharmony, warfare and social chaos. Sigh... something's really gotta freakin' change! Thankfully, we are imbued with an equally positive side and there is encouraging hope for our organism's survival.

Like most of the words we use linguistically, to describe deeply spiritual experiences, "Godhead" is one of the trickiest to define in specific, concrete terms. Largely this is because we all have such different views of just exactly what Divinity actually is... and how oneself fits into the grand scheme of things.

"Hey, why do I exist? What caused me to exist in the first place, was it God? I don't recall God asking me. OK... I am that I am. Why must I die, then? Is my existence even real if it is only a temporary state? Am I not more than transience? Is this all an illusion or a dream? What and where exactly is God, what is Heaven (Hell I've been acquainted with, for sure)? How then, do I awaken?"

We are all pilgrims upon a journey, a path of awakening. All paths lead to the summit of experience, the level of cosmic unity. Yet, each road we embark upon may not look to go to the very same intended destination, nor move at the same exact pace. That being said, there are remarkable symmetries, parallels and striking similarities in our impressions of such revelatory trance states. So sure, while it's the most intrinsically subjective idea we can possibly conceive of, we all arrive at the same epicenter, deep within ourselves, where we all naturally merge into a singular, indivisible being (eventually). Surely what we have been always, but now it is immanent, palpable and self evident!

With this interphase comes a knowledge of sorts, and this special Gnosis is what I feel the term Godhead refers directly to. The dawning of the blinding white Light of the insubstantial Void stops our cognition of self-containment and so, all differences vanish. This triggers a remembrance and we are returned to our understanding of our very own cause, and we are THAT cause, unborn and undying.

Yet, something remains aware of existing! What watches through the windows of our eyes? Who witness all of the vistas? Must this awareness create us to see itself? The Omniverse vibrates in perfect tune with all of creation but remains itself, untouched by any form or limitation.

RebornInSmoke wrote:
for me, what it means to me i would say is....
Brahman...
The infinite infinite, the Omniverse ॐ, the supreme hologram that is "reality" and every subjectively individual concscious awareness persona that inhabits it, all that is, ever was and will be; {everything and anything all at once but never}

...the true, divine, inner infinite self.

Agreed and you said it so simply, poetically and beautifully. Bravissimo! Paradoxically, it is something we all share in distinctly unique ways. We each perceive of this Brahman through the color of the lens we look out through. We are myriad eyes seeing our own mirages. We dream ourselves into being, even as Brahman does (through us), for we are all God particles, Sacred strings. We play the music of the Omniversal Heavenly Balance, even when we are unconscious of doing so. And we are echoes and reflections of the One becoming the Many.

Allegorically, we are like vast multiples of spokes interconnecting in the very same hub of being. All string united together. And I would go one step further and say that we are all truly one limitless being, experiencing existence from myriad subjective reference points and near infinite degrees of uniquely individual perceptions.

As only psychonauts, those who have nearly died and those who are inclined towards mysticism can attest... our interrelationship is often that of a high-energy fusion of our "normal" or relative state of mind, with such an expanded state of mind, it can only be labeled as "Absolute Being". It can only exist in eternal proportions and infinite potentiality. Still, it exists inside of each of us and likewise, outside each of us. Yin & Yang spinning endlessly, an eternity in the making.

Through direct immersion, whereby our very subjectivity is dissolved into the totality, we die as mortal ego-selves (albeit temporarily). This epiphany ignites a rebirth of sorts and we are suddenly aware of ALWAYS having been the initial cause of our own being. This occurs when one's mind and heart are wide open and wholly consciously-aware of being inter-merged within the Grid of the Sacred Unity of Oneness. The inter-meshing pattern of the many strings, united as one fabric, a Web and Sacred design. One supreme reality shines radiantly within all of the myriad threads.

And all of this experience surely seems to take place centered within our own fully blown minds, witnessed by a self which is totally familiar and simultaneously not subject to the confines of any single perceptual field. But be that as it may, the Godhead is palpably seated deep inside of our little monkey heads (to us). At the same moment in timelessness, it is wholly unbound by any headset or fixation. Big grin

So in essence, it really does make a lot of sense to refer to the one's epiphanies as eclipsing with the Godhead, that indefinable overlapping with the Higher Self within all sentient or non-sentient beings. And while it is pretty self-descriptive a term on the surface, it is also somewhat of a paradoxical term. That is, it is born of circular logic. When the single, isolated person freely immerses their own single-pointed awareness upon the web of the Unified Field of Being, and observes carefully enough... the same concentration and discernment will eventually expand perception exponentially, blooming far beyond all lines of division, transcending all self-created distinctions or thought-forms.

In so doing, the Holiest state of existence is perceived as emanating from within oneself, a newly birthed self, that is seemingly existent in all forms and yet, remains untouched by the time-space-continuum. I prefer to call this revelation, "The Awakening of the Omniself". Mind, idea, self, witness, soul, The Void... they are all the same thing. And so too, they are no-thing we can name or reasonably quantify.

For when the isolated mind and I am awareness of the human being is shifted into a frequency far, far higher and to a level of consciousness, beyond the boundaries of the subjective viewpoint... the witness of it's own conscious-awareness is undone by the force of the redefinition of all that was once familiar reality and factual. Nothing is real when seen through this lens.

Even so, until we are paralyzed by the full-blown whiteout experience, the bloom of understanding, we are still subjectively observing existence as the counterpoint of subject and object... the dance of the multiverse at play. I believe, for I have seen that there is just a single universal current flowing throughout all that is. It is the Tao, it is God. It originates from the immaterial realm; it is unnameable, it is indescribable, as are we in our core of being and truest sense of self.

Magikally, we instantly and completely KNOW the cause exists... or we ourselves would not exist. And we also KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this is what we all truly are, we are God stuff. One harmonious tone ringing throughout eternity! We are each and all of us, this same spiritual force dancing freely as it will. Hallelujah folks, this is it! Thumbs up
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Mz.Gypzy
#8 Posted : 10/7/2012 4:06:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rising Spirit- Thank you for taking the time to write all that out. Your posts always
resonate with me and are very inspiring.

who's minding the store?- Ram Dass
Mz.Gypzy is a fictional character. I have a very active imagination. I like to make things up, to entertain myself and others on the internet. I do not use, or condone the use of illegal substances. Everything I write here on the Nexus is for pure entrainment purposes only.

Global
#9 Posted : 10/8/2012 1:08:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

The godhead presents itself to me as this very large, majestic, incredibly complex "spiritual mass". It's predominantly white and it's almost like a rocketship creature. It contains within itself a myriad of forms (probably all Very happy ) and just by changing my perspective every so slightly, completely different complex forms can emerge. Within the godhead are an assortment of sacred looking rooms. Some have machines in them. Another room is entirely Egyptian. It is highly energetic and of a very high frequency. When it talks its voice can be paradoxically enormous and tiny at the same time with billowing cascades of echoes. It's one of the few "entities" if you could even call it that that talks to me in English using sound and not telepathy. It also tends to make sense and speak grammatically correct, though I'm always far too distracted with the rapture of it all to remember what it talks about.

It presents itself to me as so completely over the top jubilant and joyous like it's mad with love. It is incredibly powerful, can induce the most latent and potent of human emotion, and approaching it can often cause time to grind to a halt.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

entheogenadvocate
#10 Posted : 10/8/2012 1:54:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mz.Gypzy wrote:
Rising Spirit- Thank you for taking the time to write all that out. Your posts always
resonate with me and are very inspiring.

Wow, Rising Spirit. I'm currently exiting the divide between this reality and the next as I complete a changa session, and this post was one of the most beautiful things I have ever read in my life.

Thank you so much for your words. I'm sending you waves of gratitude and love, brother. I hope you catch them. Absolutely breathtaking. Peace and Love my friend.
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

Global
#11 Posted : 10/8/2012 8:10:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

As a followup, I believe the godhead is a perceivable portion of God through which everything may be interpolated. It's like taking a cross-section of God.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

Global
#12 Posted : 10/9/2012 12:31:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Today I came across a Hindu description of the godhead that I rather like. They describe the godhead as the manifest of the totally divine. I think it's simple, eloquent and adequate for summing it up in so few words.

Michal_R
#13 Posted : 10/10/2012 12:44:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot for this thread, I like it very much.

"Godhead" for me is always connected to a ... how to call it ... higher or expanded realization, an expanded awareness that moves my perception/cognition ... further, further towards a better understanding of myself, of the world, and of my place within it...

(Sorry if this sounded too ´mystical´, but this is how I have been thinking about these issues lately)

RebornInSmoke
#14 Posted : 10/11/2012 6:56:29 PM

Lysergic Feline

"too" mystical?

you do know where you are, right? Razz
Gun it to 88...
..::those who speak do not know, those who know do not speak::..
<3

Korey
#15 Posted : 10/13/2012 5:57:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My experiences of "God Head" seem to mirror common interpretations of Brahman and it's relationship with the "inner" or "true" self.

(Advaita Translations)

aham brahmāsm - I am Brahman
tat tvam asi - Thou art That(You are Brahman)
sarvam khalv idam brahma - All this that we see in the world is Brahman
sachchidānanda brahma - Brahman or Brahma is existence, consciousness, and bliss

DMT and LSD have allowed me to experience Brahman, though with DMT it seems to be more obvious, in your face, and sometimes undeniable.

When in this state, I seem to transcend my ego and truly experience all matter, all energy, all times, all spaces. It is extremely expansive and seemingly infinite, extremely ecstatic, forgiving, beautifully blissful and elating. It's quite remarkable and words do it no justice.

I vibe with the Advaita interpretation of Brahman, that a liberated human being has realized his or her "inner" or "true" self as Brahman.

“The most compelling insight of that day was that this awesome recall had been brought about by a fraction of a gram of a white solid, but that in no way whatsoever could it be argued that these memories had been contained within the white solid. Everything I had recognized came from the depths of my memory and my psyche. I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us, and there are chemicals that can catalyze its availability.”

jamie
#16 Posted : 10/13/2012 8:26:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

words fail.
Long live the unwoke.

RayTracer
#17 Posted : 10/13/2012 10:48:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^^^^ Agreed
I am completely convinced that there is a wealth of information built into us, with miles of intuitive knowledge tucked away in the genetic material of every one of our cells. Something akin to a library containing uncountable reference volumes, but without any obvious route of entry. And, without some means of access, there is no way to even begin to guess at the extent and quality of what is there. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature. - Shulgin

#18 Posted : 10/13/2012 11:47:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Korey wrote:
My experiences of "God Head" seem to mirror common interpretations of Brahman and it's relationship with the "inner" or "true" self.

(Advaita Translations)

aham brahmāsm - I am Brahman
tat tvam asi - Thou art That(You are Brahman)
sarvam khalv idam brahma - All this that we see in the world is Brahman
sachchidānanda brahma - Brahman or Brahma is existence, consciousness, and bliss

Smile

Non Dua Natura
#19 Posted : 11/17/2012 10:45:32 PM

Namo Amitaba Buddha

In one word: This.
When it blows, it stacks...

staresatwalls
#20 Posted : 11/19/2012 6:29:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wikipedia wrote:
Auṃ – That supreme Brahman is infinite, and this conditioned Brahman is infinite. The infinite proceeds from infinite. If you subtract the infinite from the infinite, the infinite remains alone.

thanks for all the replies guys, i like the brahman explanation and how it incorporates duality.
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

12NEXT