We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Psychedemia: A Psychedelic Conference in Pennsylvania, September 2012 Options

CatholicPsychonaut
#1 Posted : 6/11/2012 5:00:07 PM

"Nature loves courage"

An ad bar on the nexus forums pointed me to the Psychedemia conference @ University of Pennsylvania, Sept 27-30, 2012.

http://psychedemia.org/

I saw someone mention the conference in Amsterdam, but this is much closer to me and may actually be feasible for me to attend. I am proposing any Nexus citizens in the Eastern USA attend this conference and make our presence known. We could make up a special name tag or a sticker that only we knew about to identify each other.

I am pretty new to to this forum, just got promoted today, actually, but my passion for entheogens runs deep and is being resurrected after years away, thanks to the helpful extraction advice of Noman and others. I am ready to move mountains! Lets get together @ Psychedemia!
"Christians often ask why God does not speak to them, as they believed God did in former days. When I hear such questions, it always makes me think of the Rabbi who was asked how it could be that God was manifest to people in the olden days whereas nowadays nobody ever sees God. The rabbi replied, 'Nowadays there is no longer anybody who can bow low enough.'"
--Carl Jung

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pup Tentacle
#2 Posted : 6/11/2012 5:50:16 PM

lettuce

That looks very cool... I may make the trip...
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 6/11/2012 6:15:27 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I'm planning on attending.

I've been holding off on purchasing a ticket in the hopes of seeing a schedule for it, but if one doesn't appear before July 15th, I'll be jumping in blind.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

staresatwalls
#4 Posted : 6/11/2012 8:35:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm planning on going, hope my fiscal situation holds up
โ€Ž"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

xatomx
#5 Posted : 6/27/2012 4:11:25 AM

Curious To A Fault

I'll most def be going, I live right around the corner.
"The change you started already have far-reaching effects. Be ready."
"In the end all things will be known."
-Fortune cookies
"The geat blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it."- Seneca
"Life has no limitations, except the ones you make." - Les Brown

SeekerOfTruths
#6 Posted : 6/27/2012 6:29:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, although doesn't say much exactly what its all about. Sad that society looks down upon things like this, telling someone you went to such a thing would not invoke a good response by the majority of the population Sad

CatholicPsychonaut
#7 Posted : 6/28/2012 12:26:17 AM

"Nature loves courage"

Bought my ticket! Can't wait to see you all!
"Christians often ask why God does not speak to them, as they believed God did in former days. When I hear such questions, it always makes me think of the Rabbi who was asked how it could be that God was manifest to people in the olden days whereas nowadays nobody ever sees God. The rabbi replied, 'Nowadays there is no longer anybody who can bow low enough.'"
--Carl Jung

entheogenadvocate
#8 Posted : 6/28/2012 2:42:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's a little bit of a journey for me, but I think I may make the trip since the conference in Amsterdam is too far away.

As Snozzleberry said, I think I'm going to hold out a little longer with the hopes of seeing a schedule.

I'd love to see some of you guys!

Peace and Happy Journeys Smile
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

WEM
#9 Posted : 7/5/2012 5:17:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

CatholicPsychonaut wrote:
We could make up a special name tag or a sticker that only we knew about to identify each other.

Did you have anything in mind?
A dramatic shift approaches...

The Electric Hippy
#10 Posted : 7/8/2012 6:57:36 AM

Glitch Modulator

Perhaps an "N" symbol would suffice, like a button or a pin or something.

www.zazzle.com makes cheap custom items. I had them make me some pretty trippy posters to put on my wall.
"In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves" - Buddha

Ringworm
#11 Posted : 7/8/2012 2:52:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you see someone with a name tag
Hello My Name Is
"Inigo Montoya"

it's me. Just walk up and say "You killed my father, prepare to die" we'll do the nexus handshake and we'll know it's safe.
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

hydrocarbon
#12 Posted : 7/8/2012 3:10:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sweet, I'll be there.
Hydrocarbon is indeed a real person existing in real time. However, Hydrocarbon is actually a proxy for another individual, Nemano, that lives outside the realm of current Terran laws and regulations. All posts made by Hydrocarbon in which "I", "me", and other references to himself are the voice of Nemano speaking digitally through Hydrocarbon. Any illicit, immoral, or otherwise questionable behavior that Hydrocarbon appears to be admitting to are actually the actions of Nemano.

Occasionally, Hydrocarbon has been known to inject his twisted sense of humor into Nemano's words, but anything stated that was particularly witty or insightful was most likely not the result of Hydrocarbon's intellect.

Kookaburra
#13 Posted : 7/11/2012 5:50:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll definitely be there!
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

โ—‹
#14 Posted : 7/11/2012 2:49:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

That's next door to me. I will certainly be attending, maybe with my girlfriend.

All I'll say is... green hat. Smile

Pup Tentacle
#15 Posted : 7/12/2012 1:11:42 AM

lettuce

My odds of attendance with my lovely lady just shot up to 98%. Tickets all but imminent. Now I just need to figure out my high sign.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

DooDah man
#16 Posted : 7/12/2012 5:12:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the info. I will look into it furthur ! I'm only a few hours away and would be intrested in attending. Can you or anyone provide more info for this event ?
Peace !

Pup Tentacle
#17 Posted : 7/12/2012 5:58:29 AM

lettuce

http://psychedemia.org/
Pup Tentacle

Robert Anton Wilson

CatholicPsychonaut
#18 Posted : 7/13/2012 12:30:12 AM

"Nature loves courage"

Ringworm wrote:
Hello My Name Is
"Inigo Montoya"

it's me. Just walk up and say "You killed my father, prepare to die" we'll do the nexus handshake and we'll know it's safe.

Do we have a "like" button? I'll "like" this post!
--Carl Jung

CatholicPsychonaut
#19 Posted : 7/13/2012 12:31:54 AM

"Nature loves courage"

I'm going to put that mandala/DMT-molecule-as-key logo onto a Tshirt to wear.
--Carl Jung

DooDah man
#20 Posted : 7/13/2012 3:23:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

CatholicPsychonaut wrote:
Ringworm wrote:
Hello My Name Is
"Inigo Montoya"

Do we have a "like" button? I'll "like" this post!

Ok, Thank you. Did mot see the link in the opening post.
The doodah man can be a little thick at times !
He also thought it was at PSU He's very close to the UOP.
Got to pen the dates in my calender. This is a must !
Peace !

123NEXT