We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Point me to a website about 2012 Options

burnt
#21 Posted : 1/24/2009 6:11:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^My mistake TheNTT Smile didn't know what you were implying exactly apperently nothing of the sort my apologies.

Actually I never knew that the mayans had known about procession but modern astronomy does now know about it. It might have been missed by the early western astronomers (not a surprise they were using crude telescopes at the time and the entire science was a bit newer becuase the civilization was not as old and was held down by oppression from the church) but modern astronomy has come really far. I am not trying to say the mayans were stupid or clueless but that modern astronomy is certainly more advanced. Infact I don't really know shit about mayan astronomy so im going to shut up Smile

Where exactly in the Mayan system did they say that there is a super massive black hole in the center of our galaxy? They may have said something is there and called it the cosmic womb but that's far from understanding what the object was. Supermassive black holes are important for all galaxies and modern astronomy hasn't put it all together yet but I am sure with time more will be learned. Anyway if you have any nice links or books to suggest SWIM would be interested.

[quote]

Actually, the Mayan callendar is 10,000 times more accurate than the one we use today.[/quote

If you are talking about the roman catholic calender you are probably right.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

soulman
#22 Posted : 1/24/2009 7:08:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well just to open another can of worms, i find the Zacheria Sitchens interpretation of the Sumerian texts much more interesting : )

For those that dont know, in a nutshell he was able to translate some sumerian clay tablets which said that there is a 10th planet in our solar system, in a 3600year eliptical orbit. The inhabitants of which who are called the annunaki, are supposed to have come to earth, genetically modified Cro mangnon man to be their slaves, and we are the results. They were supposed to have left people here to enslave us and it is thought that they control everything i.e the Illuminati. Oh and the return of their 3600year eliptical orbit is supposed to be in 2012.

How dya like them apples : )
You have to go within or you go without

40oztofreedom
#23 Posted : 1/25/2009 4:05:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulman wrote:
Well just to open another can of worms, i find the Zacheria Sitchens interpretation of the Sumerian texts much more interesting : )

For those that dont know, in a nutshell he was able to translate some sumerian clay tablets which said that there is a 10th planet in our solar system, in a 3600year eliptical orbit. The inhabitants of which who are called the annunaki, are supposed to have come to earth, genetically modified Cro mangnon man to be their slaves, and we are the results. They were supposed to have left people here to enslave us and it is thought that they control everything i.e the Illuminati. Oh and the return of their 3600year eliptical orbit is supposed to be in 2012.

How dya like them apples : )

Indeed interesting, but none the less any more true than altering the human mind by magnetic alignments (according to Terrence McKenna).

I think some people just got extremely bored in the past and just started making up stories and telling other people for their own entertainment.

If someone was afraid of spiders, and you told them that there was a spider on the back of their shirt even though there wasn't, it'd still be funny to watch.Very happy
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

burnt
#24 Posted : 1/26/2009 10:12:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.astro.uu.nl/~strous/AA/en/2012.html

Here is a report by an astronomer that explains why most of the astrological events predicted by this so called 2012 event are wrong. This significance to december 21 2012 is a myth and a series of lies perpetuated by really bad internet websites and new age writers who want to make money (or they really believe it which makes them insane). If anyone can find anything that contradicts this author by a legit source I would be interested in seeing that information.

69ron
#25 Posted : 1/26/2009 10:26:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What a collection of opposing ideas! It seems everyone has a different opinion on the "facts" here.

I’m more in line with burnt. I don’t think anything of any significance will happen and that is mostly just a lot of hype designed to sell books.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

polytrip
#26 Posted : 1/26/2009 2:40:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
The mayans HAD to come up with these time cycles, because their callenders where missing a few days. It's just like we have to add a day every four years, or else our callenders will run out of sync. Ofcourse such invented cycles come with much philosophizing about the meaning of such cycles, source of the universe, the universe and life itself etc. Ancient myths are often a source for new myths in turbulent times. and sometimes this leads to mass hysteria. Hitler and the nazi's was a believer in the 'barbarossa-legend' and many people atribute all kind of predictions to nostradamus (like 9-11, etc.) and the evangelicals all await for the great revelation to come.

varun
#27 Posted : 1/28/2009 11:20:36 AM

jo_cosmic

The Mayan long count calander restarts for the 13th time on 21 dec 2012. Its like the odometer of a car resetting to 0.0.0.0. The 0 on the right indicates kin. Twenty of them makes one uinal. Eighteen uinal make one tun. Twenty tun make one katun and twenty katuns make one baktun. This will be the start of the 13th baktun.
The mayans never said that the world will end. There are different interpretations of their cosmology however I wouldn't pay much attention to Jose Arguilles. His interpretation of the calander is wrong, it starts on 26th July every year. I cant remember exactly why it's wrong.
SWEETEST LULLABY'S EMANATE FROM THE CORE OF MY BELIEFS COMFORTING THE SLEEP...OR WAS THAT FEAR??!!

droplet
#28 Posted : 1/28/2009 3:22:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought Terrence Mckenna, lined up his wave to start at the beginning of the universe or something like that, if i recall his video... Ill have to check back and post it if i find it...

VisualDistortion
#29 Posted : 1/28/2009 5:10:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm gonna go with 69ron and burnt on this. I don't think ANYTHING will happen, besides some raging parties and maybe rioting and mass hysteria. People are OBSESSED with the thought of the end of humanity, when really it shouldn't even cross their minds. One day humans will be annhilated and the earth will scoff at the fact we ever existed and life will carry on, on this little speck of dust floating almost aimlessly in the universe. Sorry to sound so dark about the subject but I have strong feeling about it.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

burnt
#30 Posted : 1/28/2009 5:42:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I thought Terrence Mckenna, lined up his wave to start at the beginning of the universe or something like that, if i recall his video... Ill have to check back and post it if i find it...

Yes he did. But the trouble is no one knows exactly how long ago the universe started. 14 billion years is a rough number. Its somewhere around there its not 14 billion even. So even a minor one day variation skews his time wave slightly. Now imagine a thousand or a million days off?

40oztofreedom
#31 Posted : 1/28/2009 11:15:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
I'm gonna go with 69ron and burnt on this. I don't think ANYTHING will happen, besides some raging parties and maybe rioting and mass hysteria. People are OBSESSED with the thought of the end of humanity, when really it shouldn't even cross their minds. One day humans will be annhilated and the earth will scoff at the fact we ever existed and life will carry on, on this little speck of dust floating almost aimlessly in the universe. Sorry to sound so dark about the subject but I have strong feeling about it.

I'm in line with you guys as well. I'm really skeptical that anything will happen. As much as sometimes I would like to believe that something will happen, it probably won't. But hell, give credit for people who believe in it, you know?

Besides, I've always wanted to go out in a zombie-apocolypse style death.Twisted Evil
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

VisualDistortion
#32 Posted : 1/29/2009 8:02:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

40oztofreedom wrote:
VisualDistortion wrote:

I'm in line with you guys as well. I'm really skeptical that anything will happen. As much as sometimes I would like to believe that something will happen, it probably won't. But hell, give credit for people who believe in it, you know?

Besides, I've always wanted to go out in a zombie-apocolypse style death.Twisted Evil

My room mate always imagines himself going down zombie-apocolypse style.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

shoe
#33 Posted : 1/29/2009 9:33:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd just like to point out that 20+1+2 = 23.

Also, the mayan calender doesn't "end" at 2012, its just the beginning of a new 'age'. The mayans measured their time in 'ages'.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

shoe
#34 Posted : 1/29/2009 9:36:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:

This significance to december 21 2012 is a myth and a series of lies perpetuated by really bad internet websites and new age writers who want to make money (or they really believe it which makes them insane).

Exactly. Lies designed to cause chaos. Discordianism.

Hence my comment about 23 being the only thing I beleive to be valid about 2012.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Jorkest
#35 Posted : 1/29/2009 9:43:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

well one thing that i would like to add..is that there is a bunch of stuff happening already..things are changing..we are experiencing a shift in thought..we are starting to realize our impact on the world..quantum physics shows us that the observer actually changes matter information..so while i dont believe the world is going to end..i DO believe that we are experiencing a shift in the way humanity thinks and interacts with the world..and i feel that these next couple of years are going to be one wild ride
it's a sound

freethinker
#36 Posted : 1/29/2009 10:05:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

TheNtt wrote:
Actually the date is a the representation of a rare alignment that happens once every 25,800 years... The sun, the earth, and the moon will be aligned in the center of the galaxy to the EXACT DEGREE. It's not just a date that sounded nice as you describe, it has far more wisdom behind it. The mayans were THE most advanced skymappers, and they most advanced calander keepers.. having over 200 different calanders that all measure different increments of time, big and small. The sun and the earth are responsible for sustaining life, and therefore the mayans viewed them metaphorically as the mother and father. In the center of our galaxy (where the alignment occurs) resides an enormous black hole, which the Mayans believed was the source and creation point of all things within this galaxy. Metaphorically, the black hole is the cosmic womb. Therefore, on the winter solstice of 2012, The mother and father will align with the cosmic womb for the first time in 58,600 years. Honestly, you clearly haven't researched the reasoning behind the calander end-date and probably shouldn't provide people with unfounded information. I don't mean this in any hostile way, I appreciate all of your intelligent posts here, but there is just so much misinformation on this topic thrown out there and it kinda gets to me Razz

LOL! Ironic last sentence since all the conjunction nonsense is complete bullshit:
http://www.astro.uu.nl/~strous/AA/en/2012.html#3
http://www.astro.uu.nl/~strous/AA/en/2012.html#4

Rolling eyes

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

burnt
#37 Posted : 1/29/2009 10:15:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its definately going to be a wild ride. But I don't think its because of some astral re-arrangment but more because humanities shit is about to hit the fan.

Jorkest
#38 Posted : 1/29/2009 10:48:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

and its good knowing that there is a space like this(the nexus) that we can be grouped together and help each other figure things out...give advice and pass very useful information around for the betterment of us all
it's a sound

polytrip
#39 Posted : 1/29/2009 10:53:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
burnt wrote:
Its definately going to be a wild ride. But I don't think its because of some astral re-arrangment but more because humanities shit is about to hit the fan.

Like it always did. You have this eternal paradox; optimists say that pessimists who predict the end of the world are wrong because the end of the world is being predicted for millenia now and we're still here.
Thing is that often those pessimists where right; the roman empire collapsed, so did the german holy roman empire, the reign of the french monarchs, the brittish empire, the reign of the czars and many, many more, the first and second world war ripped the world apart and destroyed millions of lives, etc. Humans do more good then wrong, but what we do wrong we do wrong in a fucking 'good' manner, history teaches us.

TheNtt
#40 Posted : 1/31/2009 7:25:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

freethinker wrote:
TheNtt wrote:
Actually the date is a the representation of a rare alignment that happens once every 25,800 years... The sun, the earth, and the moon will be aligned in the center of the galaxy to the EXACT DEGREE. It's not just a date that sounded nice as you describe, it has far more wisdom behind it. The mayans were THE most advanced skymappers, and they most advanced calander keepers.. having over 200 different calanders that all measure different increments of time, big and small. The sun and the earth are responsible for sustaining life, and therefore the mayans viewed them metaphorically as the mother and father. In the center of our galaxy (where the alignment occurs) resides an enormous black hole, which the Mayans believed was the source and creation point of all things within this galaxy. Metaphorically, the black hole is the cosmic womb. Therefore, on the winter solstice of 2012, The mother and father will align with the cosmic womb for the first time in 58,600 years. Honestly, you clearly haven't researched the reasoning behind the calander end-date and probably shouldn't provide people with unfounded information. I don't mean this in any hostile way, I appreciate all of your intelligent posts here, but there is just so much misinformation on this topic thrown out there and it kinda gets to me Razz

LOL! Ironic last sentence since all the conjunction nonsense is complete bullshit:
http://www.astro.uu.nl/~strous/AA/en/2012.html#3
http://www.astro.uu.nl/~strous/AA/en/2012.html#4

Rolling eyes

I've begun reading through all the pages of this argument. I'm curious, do you know who wrote it? Whoever it is doesn't site ANY sources, which is kind of unusual considering the nature of the article. I'm also curious if the person is even a Mayan scholar? Because there are several people who have been studying the Mayan civilization for 20+ years who are reaching different conclusions, and siting all their sources. The argument you've linked is rather weak in comparison.

PREV123NEXT