We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSAbsinthe Options

Kash
#1 Posted : 6/9/2012 8:19:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

So my latest project has been creating a "Green Fairy" drink with the classic thujone high and an added psychedelic twist. The effects of a good absinthe thujone dose can be described as your body feeling drunk while your head is completely clear, sharp, and happy, plus socializing is very enjoyable. Add a nice glow to that and you get LSAbsinthe. Here is the current recipe:

==Absinthe Recipe==
note: 28g to 1 oz
50.0 g fresh wormwood - 16oz 12.00
8.0 g hyssop - 2oz 4.30
3.0 g calamus - 1oz 2.20
6.0 g melissa - 2oz 2.70$
25.0 g anise seed - 5oz 5.00
25.0 g fennel seed - 4oz 1.55
10.0 g star anise - 2oz 2.00
3.0 g coriander seed - 1oz 1.00
4.0 g lavender
1 g whole cloves
1L 190 proof everclear

Put the dry herbs in a large jar. Dampen until herbs are saturated (About 250ml H2O). Add 800ml of 95 percent drinkable ethyl alcohol. It is important the alcohol is 85-95% or the thujone will not extract. Let it steep for several days - a week is better - shaking occasionally. Then add 600ml of water and let the whole macerate for another day. Decant off the liquid squeezing as much from the mass of herb as possible. It must then be distilled. Inferior recipes skip this step, but what they produce is not worthy to be called absinthe. The distillate is quite smooth and drinkable after, as much as high proof alcohol can be smooth and drinkable lol.

In the distillation, change the receiver when the distillate turns yellow or your vapor temp reaches 100 degrees celcius, you should have around 1L of alcohol. The faints taste nasty you dont want them. Final distillate is clear and mostly colorless. The next step is to color and finish the liqueur by another round of maceration. Color the distillate by again adding:

4.0 g mint - 1oz 1.00
1.0 g melissa -----
10.0 g fresh wormwood -----
1.0 g orange peel - 1oz 1.00
4.0 g liquorice root - 1oz 1.00
1 vanilla bean
0.5 g cloves
1.0 g lavander
35 Crushed & Defatted HBWR Seeds

Let the herbs macerate for another few days or magnetically stir over night. Decant, filter, bottle. Leave the vanilla bean in there for a nice fancy look. You can add some sugar syrup to the liqour if you want for sweetness. The result will be a glowing mildly psychedelic Swiss style absinthe of about 135 proof. While absinthe alone is not psychedelic, the LSA seeds add a nice altered mind state and flashy glow to the green fairy and actually makes it "mind bending" like its hyped up to be in movies.

Any experienced absinthe brewers out there feel free to comment Smile

On the left is distilled absinthe colored with herbs/seeds and 20g wormwood. Ideally 10g should be used as 20g was a little too bitter. On right is uncolored distilled absinthe "absente la bleue".
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

tigerstrike92
#2 Posted : 6/9/2012 5:15:59 PM

Homo-divinorum

So how did the LSAbsinthe feel? Have you tried it out yet?
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

Kash
#3 Posted : 6/10/2012 8:01:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya have tried it. Similar to a light mushroom trip with alcohol. Nice thujone effects were complemented by the LSA nicely. The thujone hits first giving a mild euphoric feeling of clear headedness and bodily drunk feel along with music distortions, which gradually turns into a glowing LSA trip.

LSA seeds can be increased as seen fit during extraction for stronger effects, remembering to defatt them first or the drink may not sit well in your stomache lol.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

christian
#4 Posted : 6/10/2012 8:55:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, i tried making absinta withouh distillation. Must have had a strong thuhone content, but to be honest i didn't find it really worthwhile. I'll try distilling next time, but don't expect mega results. Would rather drink wine infused with blue lotus anyday. for sure! Wink
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Kash
#5 Posted : 6/15/2012 2:35:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya without distilling your concoction its basically just a horrible tasting wormwood extract lol. If you like creating things yourself like I do then distilling is half of the fun. When the alcohol is distilled it brings over alot of the essesntial oils and aromatic flavors from the mix of herbs leaving behind the nasties.

Of course, if your not into distilling you can always buy a bottle of commercial absinthe and soup it up with extra wormwood + HBWR seeds. Getting average people to drink it because its socially acceptable from the movies is a good time too muahaha Twisted Evil .

SKA
#6 Posted : 8/7/2012 12:46:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sounds very sensible from a pharmacological point of view.
LSA has significant Vasoconstrictive effects, which may account
for the unpleasant side effects like nausea, drowsyness & lightheadedness.

Alcohol has significant Vasodilating effects so this would seem to nicely
counteract these negative effects of LSA.

mew
#7 Posted : 8/26/2012 3:30:06 AM

huachumancer

BRAVO!
im thrilled to see experimentation in this area and will thoroughly enjoy trying this out myself.

lsa takes 90 min to really kick in, the alcohol that carries the lsa will mostly if not entirely be metabolised, this potion renders a body unable to sleep effectively for 8-14 hours after ingestion.

this concept is the only reason i dont make mescaline infused alcohols aswell

however cacti contain other compounds like mescaline that are short acting (3 hours) and can be separated from mescaline during a wash with dry ipa, these compounds may be best suited to be infused into an alcohol that renders the drinker incredibly innebriated.

i like the concept of mixing it into wine/ brewing with these other cacti alkaloids, as most of us nexians are without a proper still. however since this thread im very much looking into getting a still next year for the legitmate purpose of essential oil extractions.

afaict thujone is not the full effect of absinthe, rather its still mysterious. if anyone cares to link some supporting information saying otherwise id be glad for the education

oilman
#8 Posted : 8/30/2012 12:25:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting.

BTW, the way absinthe works is something of a mystery. Historically, a lot of weight was put on the wormwood as the psychoactive part, but I doubt that. Thujone is really a quite toxic, nasty substance. It's also a GABA antagonist, so it's working against the actual absinthe.

The so called "holy trinity of absinthe" is fennel seed, anise seed, and wormwood. The wormwood contributes the green color. The anise seed makes the drink cloudy when you drip water into it (the "louche"Pleased. So I think the thing to look into is fennel seed. This has been reported in various "legal high" journals and whatnot to be active. I've brewed some beer with fennel seeds soaked in it for a few days and got completely wasted, so that's where I would focus in terms of the absinthe side.

The LSA angle is intriguing.

Kash
#9 Posted : 5/1/2013 3:18:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ahhhhh... the memories of summer LSAbsinthe and getting normal people mildly tripping lol. Making more of this concoction this week, cant wait! Will hopefully post a detailed experience report once I bring it to a party. Fun times.Very happy

Mr.Peabody
#10 Posted : 5/1/2013 5:00:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had not seen this before. I think I shall prepare this concoction directly for the benefit of myself and friends!

My fancy-pants new home made still should work well for the task!

Thanks, Kash!
Be an adult only when necessary.

Jellyfox
#11 Posted : 5/1/2013 6:27:07 AM

were off to see the jelly fox, he'll give us what we need.

what other movies hype up the effects of Absinthe besides Eurotrip?

Mr.Peabody
#12 Posted : 5/1/2013 7:15:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^ It's not just movies (though I can't think of any others besides Eurotrip), Absynthe has had a mystic about it for pretty much ever. It was so popular at one point that it rivaled wine as the beverage of choice in France (during a time when all of the grapes died off in France). When wineries had enough money and sway again, they slandered absynthe and got it criminalized (sound familiar?). It's been a long time coming, but it's making its way back into the mainstream.
Just a lil history lesson for you!

Do you suppose a low dose of mushrooms would go well in this brew, too? I have more mushrooms than I can ever use, so I have been trying to find different ways of using them. It's a terrible problem, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.....Twisted Evil
Be an adult only when necessary.

TOXSIN
#13 Posted : 5/1/2013 7:27:47 AM

Knowledge is power, at the price of losing the bliss of ignorance

Mushrooms go good with everything it seems. Very happy
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

Kash
#14 Posted : 5/1/2013 11:55:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr.Peabody wrote:
Do you suppose a low dose of mushrooms would go well in this brew, too? I have more mushrooms than I can ever use, so I have been trying to find different ways of using them. It's a terrible problem, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.....Twisted Evil

Lol! That is a terrible burden for you to bear Peabody. Heck ya they would go great in absinthe since there are so many strong flavors I doubt you could taste a low dose of mushies. Whats funny is people actually think its the absinthe effects... as long as its a very small dose in each shot its harmless fun. Laughing Full on tripping when you dont want to be is not harmless fun. LSA and absinthe effects go great together and I imagine mushrooms would too.

@Jellyfox - Just do a wikipedia search "Cultural references to absinthe".