We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Legal Concerns Options

thEorEtical
#1 Posted : 6/4/2012 8:41:56 PM

Hypergalactic Explorer.

It has been kind of lingeringin the back of my mind lately... How aware of this forum is the government, and police in whatever areas. Do they know about us(I would assume so)? Do they monitor this website, and if so so, how closely? I wonder if any Nexians have ever been arrested due to them posting pictorials of them extracting schedule 1 substances here. I'm not too worried about it, I just thought I would express my concerns.

If anyone could shine some light on the situation I have presented it would be great. Just give me your opinions on the subject at hand. Thanks in advance.

Peace and Love.
thEorEtical
Maybe we don't know what we need.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

a1pha
#2 Posted : 6/4/2012 8:51:34 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Always assume everything on the Internet is monitored, watched, logged and stored for future analysis.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

thEorEtical
#3 Posted : 6/4/2012 8:59:43 PM

Hypergalactic Explorer.

I kniw that, as well as text messages and things. Ita just troubling thinking that our community and safe haven, could potentially criminalize us.

SnozzleBerry
#4 Posted : 6/4/2012 9:18:26 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

thEorEtical wrote:
I kniw that, as well as text messages and things. Ita just troubling thinking that our community and safe haven, could potentially criminalize us.

What safe haven?

This website is certainly NOT a safe haven of any sorts.

The only thing that criminalizes us is our actions...something we have complete control over.

As Eugene Debs said

...I said then, and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Eliyahu
#5 Posted : 6/4/2012 10:21:17 PM
סנדלפון

SnozzleBerry wrote:

As Eugene Debs said

...I said then, and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

That is a really good quote.

As for the watchers, the government etc.

I personally believe there is always a higher authority and a higher judge. Always a watcher watching over the watchers. In my opinion.
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

a1pha
#6 Posted : 6/4/2012 10:31:45 PM

Eliyahu wrote:
I personally believe there is always a higher authority and a higher judge. Always a watcher watching over the watchers.

Which leads to an even bigger problem: infinite regress! Twisted Evil

Eliyahu
#7 Posted : 6/4/2012 10:40:22 PM
סנדלפון

A1pha:

There is that too.....I was hoping you wouldn't mention that..Crying or very sad

I think it's better not to focus too hard on the downside of things...in other words...

Don't look down, you might lose your balance...Very happy
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

thEorEtical
#8 Posted : 6/5/2012 1:27:57 AM

Hypergalactic Explorer.

When I said safe haven I was just exaggerating.... I was meaning this wonderful community of mature, knowledgable, like-minded people that I've cone to love being a part of. My worry isn't going to stop me from posting here or reading here every day... I just wanted to see others views on the topic.

a1pha
#9 Posted : 6/5/2012 1:40:00 AM

thEorEtical wrote:
When I said safe haven I was just exaggerating.... I was meaning this wonderful community of mature, knowledgable, like-minded people that I've cone to love being a part of. My worry isn't going to stop me from posting here or reading here every day... I just wanted to see others views on the topic.

Mature, knowledgable, like-minded ≠ safe!

I believe in being honest. However, I do not believe in fear-mongering. YOU need to make your own assessment of the risk involved in posting on this site. It is highly likely that LE cruises this site. It is highly likely that everything posted on this site is recorded in some database somewhere.

However, we are extremely fortunate to have The Traveler at the helm. While nothing can be assured; he is, by far, the most capable person I've seen on the Internet. This, in my eyes, is one of the primary reasons so many talented professionals frequent this place: we feel safe -- as much as possible in these tubes.

That said, if you have reason to be extra cautious (like holding a government job) then I suggest you look into additional layers of safety (eg, VPN/TOR/Proxy). Even the best admin is no match for state-funded agents.

thEorEtical
#10 Posted : 6/5/2012 1:46:34 AM

Hypergalactic Explorer.

I appreciate all of the advice a1pha and snoz. I do feel safe here in a sense, otherwise I wouldn't have registered haha =] I was just bored and my mind was going and thought I would see what people had to say about this. I appreciate all the feedback.