We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
*Receiving the Light*Hebrew Mysticism and psychedelics Options

Eliyahu
#1 Posted : 5/24/2012 6:33:54 AM
סנדלפון

Hello and welcome.

Let me start by saying that I understand and deeply respect that traditional spiritual models are not every ones cup of brew so to speak..

I would only ask those of you who strongly dislike "religious" type discussions please try and be as open minded as possible if you feel like you would like to to contribute to this thread.

Also I'm not trying to convert anyone to my beliefs here or anything. I just believe there are some "Viewers" out there in D.M.T land that may find this information at least somewhat interesting.

-
In my opinion there is a lost/concealed connection between psychedelic mystical experiences and the Bible.

Some of you may be familiar with the theory that Moses used Acacia and Syrian rue in a ceremonial fashion in order to commune with the divine....

here is the official theory from a Professor at the University of Israel

http://www.psychointegrator.com/down/biblical_entheogens.pdf

So I know the theory is not widely accepted or anything but it does make lots of sense to me personally.

OK..so,

I have been interested in psychedelics, philosophy, spirituality and the "big questions" since I was assigned do a report for my D.A.R.E class on the "dangers and effects of LSD" while I was in the sixth grade.

I ended up getting a C- on my report for making LSD sound "too fun" in front of the class but that was no big deal to me because I hated school anyways and as it turned out the research I did in my elementary school library for that D.A.R.E project inspired me to basically dedicate my life to better understanding the subject of psychedelics and spirituality. I have been at it more than 15 years so far.

Since that time I have read extensively about Buddhism, Shamanism, Vedic knowledge, Paganism, Christianity and the occult and I have always been intrigued by the apparent philosophical similarities between them.

My interest in Hebrew mysticism was originally sparked because of a certain powerful DMT experience I had where I encountered colorful, geometrical and highly empathetic entities who fluently spoke Hebrew to me and then they laughingly yet seriously suggested that I learn Hebrew as my second language so I might be able to "communicate with them better".

The resulting pursuit of learning the Hebrew language led me to unravel what I considered to be a series of profound revelations that only served to further fuel my curiosities and interests about Hebrew Mysticism.

I have been studying Hebrew Mysticism now for about 4 years since I began this path and I am still a total novice at the subject. I realize now that I could study this stuff all day every day for an entire lifetime and still be not be an "expert" on it because of how deep this particular philosophical system goes. ---

-So I will try to outline some of the basics about what I have learned thus far.

One of the first thing I noticed is how heavily western Magikal practices and symbolism draws from Kabbalistic Mysticism. Especially Golden dawn and Crowley type stuff. For example "The key of Solomon"

Another thing I began to notice were the many similarities between Vedic writings, Buddhist philosophies and Kabbalistic ideas.

There are those who believe that Hebrew mysticism is a somewhat modern philisophical system that was first developed in Spain during the middle ages by "rouge" occultist Rabbis..

On the other hand there are others, including myself who believe that Hebrew mysticism or Kabbalah was originally a strictly esoteric tradition that was passed down orally from Generation to Generation and was kept separate from the regular written tradition.

It was during the middle ages that Kabbalah Emerged and was finally written Down. But actually I believe Kabbalah spans back to the days when the Torah was originally composed, possibly even back to the times of Adam and Eve....

Kabbalah is a Hebrew word that can be translated: to receive

According to Hebrew mysticism the Torah in it's untranslated Hebrew form is in effect a coded cosmic blueprint of the universe.

Of course without proper knowledge on how to decipher this Hebrew code, I believe the Torah cannot be understood to be anything but a bunch of somewhat nonsensical old stories. What then is the key to unlocking this code?

Each letter/number of the Hebrew Aleph-Bet has a special multi-layered metaphorical and philosophical meaning.
these twenty two letter/numbers designate different states or forms of a singular cosmic energy that is in essence everything that exists. In other words each letter of the Aleph-bet represents a particular elemental force that is at play in the universe.

For instance the first letter of the Hebrew Aleph-Bet...."Aleph" is representative of the numeral 1. It's surface or "plain" meaning represents an ox. so Aleph being at the head of the Aleph-Bet this makes sense to me...like an ox pulling the a cart...

The deeper or more philisophical meaning of Aleph represents such concepts as the unknowable and unfathomable aspects of the creator, ultimate paradox, that which defies thought, the ultimate abstract notion. It also represents the intermittent infinite life-death cycle.

Numeral 2 and the letter Bayt represents on the surface a House, it even looks a bit like a house. The deeper philosophical meaning of Bayt is as a container of existence. It can also symbolize "resistance" for example without the resistance of a hard enough shell..the chicken will not hatch, without the resistance of two sticks being struck togethe fire cannot be made by a primitive man in the forest..etc. Numeral 2/Bayt/ also represents the idea of shelter or Mercy.

The traditional mystical story of the Aleph-Bet goes that The creator Created the Hebrew Aleph bet before he created the universe and with the Aleph bet he created the Torah...Then he used the Torah as a blueprint for the creation of universe...Torah is generally translated as "law" but actually means "to cast forth instruction"

Shortly before the time of creation......Each letter of the Aleph-bet appeared before the creator one at a time and each letter presented it's individual case as to why the Creator should use them as the foundation for all creation..
...To sum up a really great story the Creator ended up choosing Bayt or "mercy" as the foundation of creation because mercy is perfect and has no connection to impure forces and only through mercy would creation be able to endure.
And so therefore the torah begins with the letter Bayt...

In fact the first word in the Torah "Bereshyt" is considered to be so philosophically and numerologically profound that there are many chapters that have been written by great minds dedicated to deciphering this one Hebrew word.
The translation of "Bareshyt" we are all familiar with..."In the beginning"...does not at all express any of the non-obvious meanings behind the original word..-------

Not only does the Kabbalah use esoteric the meanings of the Hebrew alphabet to interpret the Torah but it also uses a concept known as the "ten Sephiroth" as another key to understanding...some of you may have noticed the old time descriptive terms used in the bible such as "splendor" "loving-kindness", "majesty", "glory" and "victory" used alot in the bible like in this verse from the book of Ecclesiastes.

"yours, o lord is the greatness,the power and the glory, the victory and the majesty for all that is on heaven and earth is yours...yours is the kingdom, O lord and you are exalted as head over all..
....these "descriptive terms" are actually coded Kabbalistic references and refer to the ten Sephiroth...

The ten Sepiroth(see photo below) is a geometric and numerical representation of different aspects of Creator and the Creator's relationship with Creation. It is used in conjunction with the Hebrew letters to aid in deciphering the possibly infinite meanings that lay concealed within the Torah.

>>>A brief explination of the 10 Sephiroth.....(Following the as above so below idea) ..each circle represents an aspect of divinity and therefore of creation as well....each line or "path" between each circle is labeled by a Hebrew letter and illustrates how these different aspects of divinity function in relationship to one another.

Another interesting thing I have found about the Kabbalah is their extensive classification of angels and demons
The Hebrew names of the Angels also serves to describe the function of that angel for instance The Archangel Michael (pronounced mik-a-el)in Hebrew means "who is like god?"
Raphael means "healer of God"
"Gabriel" "means messenger of God"
"Raziel" means "secret knowledge of god"........ In case you didn't notice yet "El" in Hebrew is a name for God and works like a suffix.

So now I have created a really long post already and I have not even scratched the surface of Hebrew Mysticism so I will stop here for now. If any one has made it this far in my post and is not bored to death by now then perhaps they would like to formulate a question or make a statement of some kind regarding this particular philosophy.

If anyone else knows anything about this subject and would like to add something that also would be considered righteous.

Thanks for reading this.
Eliyahu attached the following image(s):
581_25_2-holy-sephiroth.png (5kb) downloaded 334 time(s).
aleph (1).jpg (23kb) downloaded 333 time(s).
hebrewc.gif (10kb) downloaded 334 time(s).
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

brokin
#2 Posted : 5/24/2012 9:37:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I don't think my question is really on that subject as I only really studied kabbalah, I mean the Tree of Life.

But my question is, are conjurations really higher entities?
That's because from what I have read these conjurations are basically just archetypes.

And as for using psychedelics I wouldn't be surprised, as I know that they have used cannabis.

But good post I am kind of interested in the subject.

LE: I do realize Kabbalah and Tree of life are part of Hebrew Mysticism, I guess what I was trying to say but I failed was that I didn't study IN DEPTH.
I don't know the Hebrew alphabet, neither the full meaning of the spheres of the tree.
The little things I know, I know from some Initiatory Order paper's.

lyserge
#3 Posted : 5/24/2012 10:00:23 AM

polyfather anomalous

^^^Righteous indeed, thanks a lot Eliyahu, this is great information that arrived in a timely fashion. I don't have any questions about what you've written directly, but am curious if you know anything about Islamic "mysticism" (where by "mysticism" is meant the inner or "felt presence of direct experience" [T McKenna's phrase) aspect of re-ligion) which I think is what is known as Sufism. I find the "vibration" of Arabic and Hebrew practice (including the alphabets) very similar, perhaps because they developed from the same ancestry.

Also curious if you know anything about the number 23. You state that the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet represent 22 distinct forms encompassing everything that exists. I don't know if you are familiar with Discordianism or Principia Discordia (its most holy sacred text) but it shows that the universe is not fundamentally ordered (ie: can be broken down into 22 basic forms) or fundamentally disordered (humans being a part of the universe that amazingly has tended toward greater order amidst the general tendency towards greater entropy, according to the laws of thermodynamics), but that the appearance of order or disorder in the universe is merely a consequence of viewing the universe through particular grids/frames of reference/"reality-tunnels" (to use Robert Anton Wilson's memorable phrase). At the center of the universe (which is everywhere and nowhere) lies the great wholly Chao (being the Greek terminology for Void) out of which all arises. Where order becomes conglomerated (such as in your local bureaucratic offices), disorder inherently slips through or intervenes, and this intervention is what is referred to as Eris, the great Greek female embodiment of discord. It is said that she announces herself by the number 23; I think this is no consequence as it implies that the Qabalistic break-down of the universe into 22 essential parts is essentially accurate, except they missed by 1 Smile. Discordianism is therefore essentially a Christian religion except its Messiah isn't the great shamanogician Jesus/Yeshua but that mischievous and ever-present intervening force known as Eris. If you want more information, simply bury your back account underneath the nearest oak tree and a representative will be in contact with you shortly...

Another question: do you have any opinion regarding the supposed relationship between the 22 cards in the major arcana of the tarot?
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Eliyahu
#4 Posted : 5/24/2012 10:07:48 AM
סנדלפון

brokin wrote:
Well I don't think my question is really on that subject as I only really studied kabbalah, I mean the Tree of Life.

But my question is, are conjurations really higher entities?
That's because from what I have read these conjurations are basically just archetypes.

And as for using psychedelics I wouldn't be surprised, as I know that they have used cannabis.

But good post I am kind of interested in the subject.

So if your not already aware the Tree of life and Kabbalah are part of Jewish Mysticism..

As for your question about conjurations I'm guessing your referring Solomonic magic?
I believe Crowley mentions in the intro to the lesser key of Solomon that the Demons just represent archetypical figures....
Of course Crowley was known to be a bit of a trap setter in his own rite.
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

Global
#5 Posted : 5/24/2012 11:46:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Hey Eliyahu,

I had a very specific DMT/hebrew mysticism experience, that I wrote up and talked about here
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Felnik
#6 Posted : 5/24/2012 12:33:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the angle Rick strassman has been persueing for a while now actually.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

bindu
#7 Posted : 5/24/2012 3:40:02 PM

If you are really interested in hebrew but universal knowledge then check the book of enoch

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch
blessed be all forms of intelligence

Rising Spirit
#8 Posted : 5/24/2012 4:11:32 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Eliyahu wrote:
Also I'm not trying to convert anyone to my beliefs here or anything. I just believe there are some "Viewers" out there in D.M.T land that may find this information at least somewhat interesting.

Please do continue to elucidate. I've always found the Kaballah to be most fascinating. I agree with your assessment, the knowledge is far older than the middle ages and has it's roots in the earliest days of the Hebrew tradition. Furthermore, I feel that much of this esoteric knowledge was already an ancient science, by that time period.

I agree with the theory that Moses did indeed receive his epiphany from Syrian rue & acacia, as the references to the legendary "burning bush", surely implies. Much as the Indian Rig Vegas and Iranian Zend Avesta also derived their earliest experiences of mystical states from the magikal elixir of Soma or Haoma.

In other words, I'm all ears! Thumbs up
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

jamie
#9 Posted : 5/24/2012 4:42:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Felnik wrote:
This is the angle Rick strassman has been persueing for a while now actually.

From what I have understood this is not what Strassman has beeen going on about. Strassman is trying to link everything in the bible to endogenous DMT experiences, and not to entheogenic plant experiences.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#10 Posted : 5/24/2012 5:00:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

The kabbalah is interesting, I dont know really a whole lot about it..not enough to form firm opinions anyway.

I am interested though in how you feel about metatron...I dunno about how you view human origions, but I am really into the alternative theories..based on some very personal experiences, many of them while not even working with entheogens..

Anyway I have heard some people who otherwise I do vibe with, who claim some very dark things about metatron and the kabbalah in general and talk a lot about how the kabbalah is not what most people think it is..so I have always been somewhat weary of the whole thing..

I think there is so much more going on on this planet than most people imagine. Sometimes I feel confident enough to claim I KNOW this for a fact, but it is hard to really put subjective experiences with other beings(even while "sober) into solid objective beliefs when it comes to something like alien contact..all I know is what I have experienced, and these experiences make me question all of religion and it's origions, claims of angelic beings etc and what their intentions may be and who they really are.

Long live the unwoke.

Ritalin
#11 Posted : 5/24/2012 5:09:06 PM
Bigger is better but less is more.

I've been listening to lectures from Gnostic radio. Lots of Hebrew learning has been taking place. Alchemy has become a fascination also.
All Flows

olio
#12 Posted : 5/24/2012 5:15:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome post, this is extremely intriguing to me. I don't know why, where does this lead? A greater understanding of our universe? Some form of occult knowledge that will assist the development of mankind? Trying to find applications for these seemingly irrelevant (by society's standards) topics is always the difficult part, but if I didn't find it an interesting activity I doubt I would partake in psychedelic experiences.
It was the fabled year 2012. Within the seemingly doomed and feeble slave-species of homo-sapien sapien a minute percentage began experimenting with various forms of psycho-active plant allies and thought manifestation techniques. Unbeknownst to them, this would be the birthing of a new sub-species, the highest form of Life in the universe. With the assistance of these timeless plant teachers a new race was born, a race without boundaries, physical or mental, a race without judgement or violence. Divinity had descended upon the inconspicuous planet of Earth and cosmic-man was born.

Eliyahu
#13 Posted : 5/26/2012 1:45:32 AM
סנדלפון

Lyserg Wrote:

Quote:
“^^^Righteous indeed, thanks a lot Eliyahu, this is great information that arrived in a timely fashion. I don't have any questions about what you've written directly, but am curious if you know anything about Islamic "mysticism" (where by
"mysticism" is meant the inner or "felt presence of direct experience" [T McKenna's phrase) aspect of re-ligion) which I think is what is known as Sufism. I find the "vibration" of Arabic and Hebrew practice (including the alphabets) very similar, perhaps because they developed from the same ancestry.

Also curious if you know anything about the number 23. You state that the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet represent 22
distinct forms encompassing everything that exists.

I don't know if you are familiar with Discordianism or Principia
Discordia (its most holy sacred text) but it shows that the universe is not fundamentally ordered (ie: can be broken down into 22 basic forms) or fundamentally disordered (humans being a part of the universe that amazingly has tended toward greater order amidst the general tendency towards greater entropy, according to the laws of thermodynamics), but that the appearance of order or disorder in the universe is merely a consequence of viewing the universe through particular grids/frames of reference/"reality-tunnels" (to use Robert Anton Wilson's memorable phrase). At the center of the universe (which is everywhere and nowhere) lies the great wholly Chao (being the Greek terminology for Void) out of which all arises. Where order becomes conglomerated (such as in your local bureaucratic offices), disorder inherently slips through or intervenes, and this intervention is what is referred to as Eris, the great Greek female embodiment of discord. It is said that she announces herself by the number 23; I think this is no consequence as it implies that the Qabalistic break-down of the universe into 22 essential parts is essentially accurate, except they missed by 1 . Discordianism is therefore essentially a Christian religion except its Messiah isn't the great shamanogician Jesus/Yeshua but that mischievous and ever-present intervening force known as Eris. If you want more information, simply bury your back account underneath the nearest oak tree and a representative will be in contact with you shortly...”

-lyserg --Thank you for extremely relevant and lucid contribution to the thread as far as the number 23 goes, in the versions of the aleph-bet that pre date the addition of vowel points do indeed have twenty three letters. The twenty 21st letter...shiyn appears in these versions twice as siyn and shin numbers 21 and 22.

(i'm guessing the horror movie with the same title was inspired by this 23 thing)

What you have said about the universe using 23 as it's "number" would also provide a motive as to why Crowley chose to follow the 23 letter version of the Hebrew Aleph-Bet.

As far as Islamic Mysticism and Sufism goes I definitely find those things interesting and I have noticed some strong similarities between Hebrew and Islamic beliefs. Arabic however would be no walk in the park to learn and I'm not one of those people who can learn more than one language at a time so....I also would love to learn Sanskrit so I could tackle Vedic knowledge but that also is would be no breeze for sure...

fortunately for me Hebrew is the easiest to learn ancient language that am aware of and it also in my opinion has a more clear cut and user friendly way about it compared to learning and deciphering other ancient scriptures. My plan is to branch out into other ancient beliefs after I sort of lay a good foundation for myself with the Kabbalah....

So Eris...is the counterfeit Jesus seen on late night TV and what not??? Interesting. ...my money is at the same place where the Shawshank redemption guy hid his stash....btw.

Global:
Hey Eliyahu,

Quote:
“I had a very specific DMT/Hebrew mysticism experience, that I wrote up and talked about here”

-Intriguing experience, enjoyable read. Glad I'm not the only one who has these types of experiences.

Bindu:
Quote:
“If you are really interested in Hebrew but universal knowledge then check the book of Enoch”

- The book of Enoch is pretty central to Kabbalistic thought and is one of my favorites..it is also very long and complex piece and could take a person literally years to completely decipher and understand. Especially when it comes to the astrological part that describes celestial geometry and the movements of the heavens.
-according to kabbalistic lore Enoch did not "Die" he "walked with God and was no more" and upon laving this Earth he was transformed to the angel known as Metatron.

Rising spirit Wrote:
Quote:
"Please do continue to elucidate. I've always found the Kaballah to be most fascinating. I agree with your assessment, the knowledge is far older than the middle ages and has it's roots in the earliest days of the Hebrew tradition. Furthermore, I feel that much of this esoteric knowledge was already an ancient science, by that time period.

I agree with the theory that Moses did indeed receive his epiphany from Syrian rue & acacia, as the references to the

legendary "burning bush", surely implies. Much as the Indian Rig Vegas and Iranian Zend Avesta also derived their earliest experiences of mystical states from the magikal elixir of Soma or Haoma.In other words, I'm all ears!"
-Rising Spirit
Thanks you, I hoped that there would be some Nexians who were also interested in these types of things.

I will indeed continue to elucidate. It may take some time in between posts here and there but I would just ask everyone to

be a bit patient with me because obviously writing these kind of posts in pretty time consuming...
but I will freely share what I have learned when I can find the time. So as soon as I get the time I will indeed expound further.

By the way I do believe Sun dried Amanita could actually be part of the famed Soma elixir- I think was used in conjunction with other psychedelics or to induce dream states. I have never heard of Haoma,,I will look into it however thank you.

Jamie wrote:
Quote:
“The kabbalah is interesting, I dont know really a whole lot about it..not enough to form firm opinions anyway.

I am interested though in how you feel about metatron...I dunno about how you view human origions, but I am really into the alternative theories..based on some very personal experiences, many of them while not even working with entheogens..

Anyway I have heard some people who otherwise I do vibe with, who claim some very dark things about metatron and the kabbalah in general and talk a lot about how the kabbalah is not what most people think it is..so I have always been somewhat weary of the whole thing..

I think there is so much more going on this planet than most people imagine. Sometimes I feel confident enough to claim I KNOW this for a fact, but it is hard to really put subjective experiences with other beings(even while "sober) into solid objective beliefs when it comes to something like alien contact..all I know is what I have experienced, and these experiences make me question all of religion and it's origins, claims of angelic beings etc and what their intentions may be and who they really are.”
-

I'm glad you find it interesting Jamie.
(sorry long response)

So can definitely understand steering clear of it....The Kabbalah has a real negative stigma surrounding it..Part of this is I believe is due to either anti-semitic or right wing evangelistic Christian propaganda. Not saying your friends were influenced by this type of stuff ...they probably have other reasons to say the kabbalah is not what it seems..
I have heard such claims as "the Kabbalah was actually introduced by Lucifer" ...or that the Angel "Raziel" who introduced Kabbalah to Adam and Eve was a fallen angel trying to defy god by giving mankind forbidden knowledge.

I even saw an anti-kabbalah video on you tube that was narrated in a spooky deep voice like a trailer for a Horror movie might be. It tried to tried to claim Kabbalistic Rabbis of old were actually practicing vampirism and devil worship. It does not take much research to debunk Most of that stuff however.

The other reason the Kabbalah has a bad rap is because it IS used by practitioners of Luciferianism and also Masons but I am not saying there are alike at all....The same is true with Enochian and Solomonic Magic practices, that they could be used for great evil...but these practices are designed to backfire horribly if anyone is arrogant and foolish enough attempt to use them for evil or to harm others with..

Luciferianism recognizes the truths of the Kabbalah and follows all of it's ideas and philosophies in an upside down and backwards way, therefore embracing Chaos instead of order, disharmony instead of accord and so forth. They also use the demonology of Kabbalah as a way to summon dark forces.

As far as I am aware ....Luciferians generally believe the God of Israel to be Evil. and believes Satan is “good” therefore they desire to be linked with "impure forces".,,, otherwise known as the "lower crowns".

By blaspheming traditional kabbalistic practices their aim is to offend God, the thought here is that by offending God the "impure" forces become pleased and will offer gifts of power to the offender.

So Kabbalah does offer some powerfully dark knowledge but generally it is put there for purposes of illustration...for example there are many stories in Kabbalah about the practices of Balaaam, an infamous Old Testament Sorcerer. (derived from the book of numbers)

These stories are really just there to show what a "bad person" Balaam was.... So of course other "bad people" throughout history have tended to see him as their Idol or hero and have tried to follow in his footsteps......

****On the subject of Metatron-
...I must say it is SUPER Twilight Zone style bizarre that you specifically mention the name Metatron because oddly enough I happen to believe that I have been in contact with this particular Angelic force for more than 15 years.

I have encountered Metatron on my journeys more times than any other entity...
From my knowledge, Metatron is Enoch. and is the head chief of all the angels. "it's literal meaning is "He who operates behind the throne of God"
...Metatron is the overseer of all of the secret activities of the spirit world, (The two Hebrew letters in his name "teth" signify this). And of course like all angels there is a demonic counterpart to Metatron that comes from the lower worlds.

The name Metatron itself is a bit scary sounding...kind of reminds me of Decepticon the Transformer or something...

However...
.The Metatron I know shines with an amber/blue aura and is a truly majestic, kind and impeccable warrior with a golden sense of humor...He appears to me and my friends on a regular basis to guide us . He appears in the form of a man yet he is not anything like a man at all..

.I can think of at least seven other people I know of right off the top of my head who have seen “Metatron” too while tripping. Some of us have even seen him at the same time..(shared vision). He appears to us all usually in a similar way. to most people..............he is somewhat Genie like.....The first Alladin movie comes to mind for a shallow comparison..,

He has A shining Amber/gold bald head with ancient garments and jewelry representative of many cultures such as hebrew buddhist hindu mesopatamian sumerian egyptian and islamic. sometimes he is wearing strange ancient hats, armor..etc.
...Usually also he is wearing a ninja type face mask. and always carrying a lord of the rings type sword on his side...he has the ability to Create and transcend space, time, matter...Reality. Is capable of providing demonstrations of omnipotence to any particular witness whenever he sees fit to do so.

...he actually gave me and others a special name to call him by....Metatron is just his "technical title" that describes his function in the spirit realm., much like saying he's the "CEO" or Vice President in charge of psychedelic tsunamis" more properly.

Elijah and Enoch are the only to people said to have descended into heaven without dying, Sort of like in Carlos Castaneda's books how Don Juan talks about Shaman's "burning with the fire from within and Vanishing from the earth"

-Thank you for reading this Jamie

ritalin:
Quote:
"I've been listening to lectures from Gnostic radio. Lots of Hebrew learning has been taking place. Alchemy has become a fascination also."

-Alchemy is definitely part of Kabbalah. Alchemy offers some really great metaphors....
Here is a special Nexus Alchemy Metaphor for an example.......
Just like how root bark must be violently ripped apart by a brutal substance such as Lye in order to yeild the pure crystal DMT....So must a human being endure many brutal hardships....only then can the layers of their ego be stripped away so that the true nature and essence of their own soul can be revealed. In other words something must be destroyed in order to be created.

oilio:
Quote:
"Awesome post, this is extremely intriguing to me. I don't know why, where does this lead? A greater understanding of our universe? Some form of occult knowledge that will assist the development of mankind? Trying to find applications for these seemingly irrelevant (by society's standards) topics is always the difficult part, but if I didn't find it an interesting activity I doubt I would partake in psychedelic experiences."
Thank you

Olio- as always I regard your input with high esteem.........And yes I do think this knowledge could help assist mankind. Infact I believe that this knowledge was given to man in order to assist in and speed up the spiritual correction of mankind.

So to Olio and Rising Spirit and Every other Ethereal Viewer out there in D.M.T land who would like to read more about this ...

Just tune in at this same Bat time....on this same Bat thread next week!

Actually it will probably ony take me a few days to complete a new post so please do check back to this thread at some point
-
And if you are interested in studying Kabbalah on your own I would stongly advise not delving too deeply into Crowley type Kabbalah info and sticking strictly with authentic Kabbalah Sources for your studies until you get a stronger foothold on what is what with Kabbalah...In other words I would recommend studying NOT from Sorcerors but from rabbis until you gain a more secure foundation where you cannot be decieved by some possibly ill meaning sorceror.

Authentic Kabbalistic literature includes works such as...
-The Zohar(book of splendour 5 volumes, lots of information)
-The Bahir(or Illumination translated by Aryeh Kaplan),
-The Sepher Yetzerah(A.K.A the book of formation also Translated by Aryeh Kaplan,,,good for those who have an interest in science and Quantum physics)

-Also Reading between the lines of The Torah.. of special mystical interest are the books written by master Kabbalist and Exorcist King Solomon.

I believe the Torah to be a living text that will teach you accordingly if given a chance. Just try flipping through the pages of it while on Ayahuasca, Mescaline or Mushrooms and even the "plain stories" will most likely. speak directly to you. All one has to do is look at it in terms of psychological and spiritual metaphors....i don't believe it is meant to be 100% historically correct by any means but it is meant to be highly accurate in an archetypal sense.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this.
-Elijah

jamie
#14 Posted : 5/26/2012 6:09:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks you eliyahu for your long response..I will respond back to that later when I can read it all again. I am kind of tired comming out of an ayahuasca experience..anyway..

Where I origionally came across this alternative take on metatron is particular is was listening to Ashayana Dean talk about ascention mechanics..in these videos(warning, ashayana dean is controversial at best and many here will HATE these videos so you are warned!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ-ZaU6FHNw

That is a LOT to listen to but she does talk about the kabbala and metatron at some point in there, as well as many other things..lots of sacred geometry. I first heard this take on metatron there and then looked into it other places a bit..not a whole lot though..anyway Ashayana Dean is interesting..I take it all with a grain of salt but as far out as many of these types of people sound I have had my share of experiences that most people would call me insane for mentioning and I often vibe with parts of what these people say..but not all of it. I think many people have little pieces of the puzzle but very few if any have the whole thing..

Sorry if this is getting a bit off topic.
Long live the unwoke.

lyserge
#15 Posted : 5/26/2012 11:54:58 AM

polyfather anomalous

Eliyahu wrote:

-lyserg --Thank you for extremely relevant and lucid contribution to the thread as far as the number 23 goes, in the versions of the aleph-bet that pre date the addition of vowel points do indeed have twenty three letters. The twenty 21st letter...shiyn appears in these versions twice as siyn and shin numbers 21 and 22.

So Eris...is the counterfeit Jesus seen on late night TV and what not??? Interesting. ...my money is at the same place where the Shawshank redemption guy hid his stash....btw.

I don't know if you're familiar with the Church of the Subgenius (a (dis)sect that split off from Discordianism some time ago), but the counterfeit Jesus on late night TV sounds more like a disguised "Bob", the salesman behind the Subgenii. This is getting kind of esoteric and people think it's a joke, when it's in fact something like a Greek Freak Religious Revival (or Devival) that came unexpectedly to two Marine buddies of Lee Harvey Oswald in a bowling alley east of Los Angeles in 1958. It's not a joke, but that's another cup of tea.

Back to the subject, I read through a translation of The Zohar by Michael Berg (23 volumes Smile ), who suggested that the Hebrew letters in the text are like a barcode that confer "healing" or "benefit" just by scanning them with your eyes; he suggested no actual understanding is necessary.

I also remember at a Grateful Dead concert back in the day seeing and feeling (in that strange way that senses can run together when the spirit flows, not necessarily with psychedelic materials involved), spontaneously and without knowing what they were, Hebrew looking letters (don't know if they were the real letters but they had that Hebrew look to them) flying out of Bob Weir's mouth, as he was singing a song in an almost Voudoun-like way, as if his body had been possessed and was yodelling these foreign symbols right out into the air, like they were flying out as expressions of the qualities of the sound wave being produced. I later talked to friends who mentioned, without me describing this, Hebrew letters involved with that show, so I've been interested in their meaning ever since: like you say, it seemed like they were representatives of states or forms in the universe, and at the same time embodied those states so that the letters actually stretch out through the universe and become embodied in physical form.

Thanks again for sharing this information, please keep it up. Also the Metatron information is nifty, though my only experience with that was with friends who turned into sort of "dark-side magicians", there was something I didn't like about what they were doing, claiming they were very powerful and such, and they also claimed to be working with "entities" such as Metatron and Rafael.

I think fundamentally you are correct about the Torah being full of shamanistic (psychedelic/acacia or otherwise) activities and teachings that are highly accurate in an archetypal sense.

ATTACHED: a page of the Zohar as translated by Michael Berg.
lyserge attached the following image(s):
zohar.jpg (2,182kb) downloaded 212 time(s).
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

ntwhtyouknw
#16 Posted : 5/26/2012 4:17:02 PM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

1 Kgs. 19:4-8 describes Elijah falling asleep under a broom tree (also known as scotch broom with datura/henbane type alkaloids were users will sometimes fall into a deep sleep followed by dream like visions) and upon his waking being met by an angel of the lord. Also it is well known that the Essene of which came some key players of the old testament and Jesus were deeply mystical. I have often wondered if the wine and bread Jesus shared calling his body and called his blood might have been tainted with ergot which is speculated to be an initiation right of ancient mystics.
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conquering the stumbling blocks come easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time
Free your mind and the rest will follow

Eliyahu
#17 Posted : 5/26/2012 9:48:53 PM
סנדלפון

Lyserg....

I am actually a huge Grateful Dead fan......
Your post is extra interesting because this morning I was actually thinking about my last GD concert experience just a few years ago..when they were touring as just "The Dead"...

EDIT:The Grateful Dead is one of the only Rock Bands I know of who openly admit to having used DMT.....Way back before it was even cool in 1967 and what not.
They discovered their name "Grateful Dead" shortly after a DMT session... while flipping through a dictionary.

About Jerry Garcia-
..I have had the incredibly great honor of communicating with his spirit on many occasions. Never saw a GD show with Jerry unfortunately...
So I will tell you from one Grateful Dead fan to another what I have learned about Jerry because it fits perfectly with what you are saying...

Shocked >>>>...I had an incredibly powerful vision where Jerry Garcia's Angelic Self revealed to me that he was and is in fact a reincarnation of King David. If your familiar with this archetype of warrior-musician-poet-loving leader perhaps you can see how alike they are.

we know Jerry Garcia was of Spanish heritage...this being the case and considering that Hebrew blood runs deep in Spain in all probability Jerry had Hebrew DNA mixed in there somewhere...

And as far as Bob Weir Goes....I don't know who he is reincarnated from but clearly they were like brothers and basically one with each other spiritually speaking.

Groovy bro! always good to run into someone with good musical taste.
As far as I am aware there is a pretty fierce battle between Good and Evil that has been playing itself out slowly in the musical world for the last several hundred years...I believe it is indeed building up to a grand finale face off between the most righteous band ever vs. the most evil band ever..
.. these archetypal bands have not emerged yet but I believe they will at some point

.....this will most likely be the official soundtrack for the end of civilization as we know it.

Also lyserg..- I was not aware of the church of the subgenius...the discordia and so forth...all very interesting though and sound very agreeable...I will look more into it..

ntwhtyouknw said

Quote:
1 Kgs. 19:4-8 describes Elijah falling asleep under a broom tree (also known as scotch broom with datura/henbane type alkaloids were users will sometimes fall into a deep sleep followed by dream like visions) and upon his waking being met by an angel of the lord. Also it is well known that the Essene of which came some key players of the old testament and Jesus were deeply mystical. I have often wondered if the wine and bread Jesus shared calling his body and called his blood might have been tainted with ergot which is speculated to be an initiation right of ancient mystics.

I was actually not aware of either of these ideas but they both make a lot of sense..
Seems highly likely Yeshua would have been aware of Elucian Ergot Wine and the esoteric knowledge assoiated with.

more info-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleusinian_Mysteries

I did not notice the scotch broom reference either.....interesting...
This probably indicates that they also used datura as an additive for Acacia-rue-potions...

(warning: Datura is dangerous, plz don't mess with it unless your sure)

Eliyahu
#18 Posted : 5/26/2012 10:41:06 PM
סנדלפון

Jamie .

Hope you had a good Aya journey...

I will check the video you posted out sometime tonight...

Mitakuye Oyasin
#19 Posted : 5/28/2012 4:07:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool thread. Thanks for the info and keep posting Eliyahu.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

marypoppins
#20 Posted : 6/14/2012 9:11:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting thread.

In my travels around the glode, my Jewish roots took me through Israel and to the mystical city of Kabbalah - Zefad.

My love of the Grateful Dead led me to meet up with an old ultra orthodox chassidic rabbi (who met his wife at a Halloween Dead show while blasted on DMT and got married at the Dead's 25th anniversary show), who is also an underground healer using plant medicine (iboga). Legal issues, forced him to stop treating folks (and has since vanished from Zafed)

I ended up spending months in Zefad hanging and learning from this rabbi and still keep in almost daily contact with him since my return to the states - as he is very open and non-judgemental and willing to sharing his knowledge (even though I am female and not orthodox)

I am only writing this out - as this dude would be perfect for this thread. ( legal problems keep him from forums; for a while he was posting on eboka as Vavar)

Vavar is a fellow who went through a shamanistic apprenticeship 30 years ago, mostly with Huichol Indians but also Paiute and others. He learned the path of cactus, fungi, sweat lodges and vision quests ... somehow he has extensive knowledge of the vine and many Peruvian plants . .. the completion of the first phase of his vision quest was walking from the Pacific to the Atlantic

The twist comes in that this shaman then spent 30 years absorbed in kabbalah and Jewish mysticism, and became a respected orthodox chsssidic rabbi, while also keeping up to date and on top of quantum physics and the outer limits of science.

The double twist is when he then starting working with plant medicines again,
doing dieta with iboga and people coming from all over to experience iboga under his observance. (When I was last at his place almost 2 years ago, there was a fellow from Sweden and another from Australia)

While there was much he was willing to share, there was much he kept hidden. He is very connected to one of the oldest elders in the jewish mystical traditions.

So why did i just blurb this out - - - I asked him to join this thread but he said I can pass on whatever i learned or anyone can email him at rebavraham@yahoo.com
A great opportunity to ask any and all questions re: psychedelics, kabbalah, healing, quantum from someone who has been living the path for over 30 years

I will try and pass on some thoughts and ideas in the next few days
Amazing interconnected between it all

Thanks for starting the thread Eliyahu
It brings back such fond memories of my time in Zafed with Vavar
mary

12NEXT