We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Flashbacks from using DMT? Options

dmtnewb
#1 Posted : 1/18/2009 3:25:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LSD people report having flashbacks long after using LSD, later in life. Like during driving suddenly seeing things, and they weren't even high.

I wonder if there are flashbacks from using DMT?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

69ron
#2 Posted : 1/18/2009 10:15:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This nonsense about flashbacks being caused by residual LSD in the body is completely impossible. It can’t stay in the body more than 1 day. It’s a very unstable compound and begins coming apart as soon as it enters your body.

Flashbacks have nothing to do with drugs. Some people have flashbacks to the Vietnam War, flashbacks to natural disasters, etc. Flashbacks are caused by extreme trauma. LSD can cause extreme trauma in some people, and so it can cause flashbacks in some people. Anything that can cause extreme trauma can cause flashbacks.

With that said, yes, if DMT scares the living crap out of you, and it can for some people, then you can get flashbacks to the experience.

SWIM and almost all of his friends have used LSD hundreds of times throughout their lifetime and none have ever had a single flashback. Only certain people can get flashbacks. For SWIM an extremely bad LSD trip is not enough to be considered traumatic, and so he just can’t get flashbacks to it. It’s not scary enough for SWIM. But for some people the experience is extremely traumatic and such people are likely to get flashbacks to it.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 1/18/2009 11:05:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes.. but I would go even further and say that flashback is an even more common phenomenon, which is related to deep emotional imprinting. Put on a record you listened a lot to at a different phase in your life and you will get a certain flashback. Just like going an old familiar place and so on.

Some perceptual disturbance related is also present in waking consciousness but we dont usually pay attention to it. After one takes these substances, its possible to get more aware of them

69ron
#4 Posted : 1/19/2009 4:02:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I forgot about that. It's not only trauma that can trigger a flashback. Even a pleasant cent can trigger a flashback to a positive time period in someone’s life.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

bufoman
#5 Posted : 1/19/2009 5:04:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Agreed any significant episode can result in flashbacks. The very fact that the government tells people there are flash backs from hallucinogens biased all the reports. Like a placebo effect. Any alteration in consciousness, will result in people claiming they had a flashback. Not that people don't associate it with the hallucinogens, but it is certainly not a result of the chemicals themselves, it is a physiological process that normally occurs. It has to do with the experience not the chemicals.

kemist
#6 Posted : 1/19/2009 7:53:10 AM

John

Don`t know about LSD 25 much because most of the claimed LSD blotters what ILPT applied sublingually were similar to LSA trips from natural sources. Now he believe all blotters were either LSA or LSH and maybe little of something else. Those LSA trips are psychedelic but hardly visual therefore ILPT always has some weed or hash in his paws to enhance effect.

He HAS FLASBACKs FROM LSA (LSH) several times(within few months period)after sesion and he loves it. He know how to induce flasbacks it`s easy. Just smoke some more of that weed smoked whilst tripping and chance to get flasback is at least 50% higher. Also when he works overnight and then he carry on without sleeping,following fatigue increasing chance for flashback. Recently he discovered that inactive virola resin gave him flashback (it could be induced with traces of 5-meo dmt or dmt presented)He firstly though that his resin is active when taken subling. but soon he realised it was just a very short LSA flashback.

It`s Excellent and he loves it.Tired, he still carry on.He get simply stoned and ( when lucky) suddenly he is for short time in LSA world Laughing Unfortunately it`s for `short time` literally Crying or very sad Won`t last longer then few minutes compare to the 8 hours trip Sad
Sometimes when he is very tired just couple of hits of average quality weed get him straight flashback and he is not able to finish bowl. Shocked

He Has NOT flashback from smoked DMT,jungle spice, bufotenine, and oral harmala or smoked harmala extract

There are maybe some flashbacks from shrooms and cacti but this will ILPT personally investigate as soon as parrot bring those goodies.Wink

But for now it looks like only big and complicated tryptamine molecules of psychedelics are somehow able to give short flashbacks even months after trip if appropriately induced.

Tropan alkaloids no need any induction. If is not very high dose what was ingested the trip is actually like set of some weird devilish flashback as one is not sure whe tripping and what is normal.Even ILPT was a bit mental when loads of weird hallucinations and flashbacks were experienced even days after ingestion.

ILPT reckon ibogain (big and complicated molecule)would be flashback friendly but he is to scared to try it.

But he would probably go for its sister compound in more use friendly vocanga
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

69ron
#7 Posted : 1/19/2009 1:47:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That doesn't qualify as a flashback in my book. That's a drug induced effect caused by the marijuana. Somehow marijuana becomes more psychedelic after using certain types of tryptamines. It's not technically a flashback. A flashback happens without any drug interaction. Although what you’re alluding to is similar to a flashback, it is a different phenomenon specific to marijuana use. SWIM doesn’t smoke marijuana and has never experience that effect ever, so he can’t comment too much on marijuana induced psychedelic effects. He knows some who have had that same experience from smoking marijuana a few days after using acid. But it technically isn’t a flashback.

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 1/20/2009 10:12:13 PM

John Murdoch IV

I get kind of flashbacks sometimes. But it's more like I suddenly remember a part of a DMT trip. Or how it feels and how the visuals look. It can be quite strong but usually just happens in the days following a very strong DMT trip.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

corpus callosum
#9 Posted : 6/9/2010 6:37:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

IF flashbacks do exist (debatable), then there are striking parallels between this and banking- if you make enough deposits then perhaps you can live off the interest.....:idea: :idea: ??
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

stevowitz
#10 Posted : 6/9/2010 6:56:26 AM

The Dude

Definitely had "flashbacks" where I remembered what seemed to be the exact feeling I have had during a certain moment in different psychedelic trips
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

69ron
#11 Posted : 6/9/2010 10:47:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM had generated a "FLASHBACK" the day after using Elemi oil by drinking some chamomile tea just recently. I find that very curious. The tea does nothing on the day SWIM is tripping, but the following day, it brings the trip back for a short while. I would love to know how it works.

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 6/9/2010 3:59:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

this is the weirdest and coolest thing that i could possibly call a flashback...a day after i had taken some mescaline..i was fairly sober by that point and i was sitting here on the nexus..typing on a thread like this..and for a thirty second period...all the sudden i was seeing a different room than the one i was in...the room was larger and there were desks and people sitting at them working..i could actually look around and see all of this happening...i sorta came out of it for a second....but when i relaxed again i sorta fell into this other room again..for a short period..only a few seconds

i mean i can remember the size of the room..the color of the peoples shirts...their hairstyle...desk size and height...

it was probably one of the coolest phenomena that i have ever experienced...
it's a sound

wade
#13 Posted : 6/9/2010 5:33:02 PM

wade

If I think about the beings I have met on DMT then I can vividly see them in my memory banks which sure makes life weird ha ha
I dont know if you would call that a flashback or not