We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Alicia anisopetala Options

marypoppins
#1 Posted : 5/19/2012 7:58:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey

Has anyone actually brewed a full dose of Alicia anisopetala ?

How strong ?

What were the effects ?

How did it differ from caapi ? muricata ?

Mary

Edit: Check HERE

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

rOm
#2 Posted : 5/19/2012 8:38:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

QUITE STRONG !! dose low from 5 to ten grams first time.
I did'nt sample but heard from long time aya drinker it is 3 to 5 times stronger regulart caapi.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

jamie
#3 Posted : 5/19/2012 8:43:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Ive taken it a few times..but not in full doses..I took 10g and that was quite active on it's own even at that dose..even at 5g you can really feel it working. I took it once before vaping DMT also and definatly potentiated it and made the DMT a lot longer..I took the vine at night about 2 weeks ago before sleep as well and woke up with some really insane trails and a sensation of spinning off into a void in the darkness..

I will be experimenting with this vine a lot this summer.
Long live the unwoke.

evil804
#4 Posted : 5/19/2012 9:02:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

seen this vine at a few vendors, is alicia the one with light in leaves as well? i like the idea of an all in one, one stop plant!

endlessness
#5 Posted : 5/22/2012 10:26:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It might be, but this needs to be properly analysed..

This thread has more info:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=350626#post350626

Zaka
#6 Posted : 6/4/2012 11:22:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Irie,
Been growing this vine out for the past 2yrs plus....
Had a chance this week to test it out, finally!!
The brew was 75g Caapi (grade A homegrown ceilo) Dried shredded.
Alicia vine 10g dried, This was the pieces left from harvesting the seeds.....

The alicia seemed to increase the overall strength & duration of the journey...
Lots of explosive purging.......
Still had OEV's in the morning 12hrs later...
Very deep & intense...solo journey.

Respect,
Z

BecometheOther
#7 Posted : 2/6/2013 10:00:16 PM

metamorhpasizer

I used 20 grams of it and it feels similiar to cappi, but also distinct.

I am not a chemist, but my theory is that it contains MAO-B inhibitors that stay in your system longer than those of b. cappi.

I think this because i have used 20 grams 2 times and noticed after effects for one week that were very positive, sort of like a normal cappi afterglow but extended for at least a week.

Also i think it is more for medicinal purposes than ayahuasca, there is no fact here, only what vibes i got from the plant when i listened to it. For instance, i think it more suited to healing/contemplation, rather than intense entheogenic journeying, but then again i used it without admixture,

Also i think it worth noting that when cannabis is used with it it really really potentiates it. WHen/if i smoke with normal aya (usually i dont) it does not improve the trip, or do much at all, but with alecia, it has profound effects. I smoked 2 hits while on alecia and the whole room exploded in art that looked EXACTLY like the shipibo ayahuasca art, that is something worth much further investigation.

As a matter of fact we still need to get straight once and for all these vines alecia and muricata.....What are the effects, the dosage, etc.

What dosage of muricata is used how is it prepared, what alks does it contain, same for alecia! Im willing to participate on this and have used both the muricata and the alecia

Has anyone used skyblue or boa ayahuasca?
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

3rdI
#8 Posted : 2/21/2013 2:49:44 PM

veni, vidi, spici

I thought i would add a little subjective report to this thread.

Last week i drank 50g of Alicia and 100mg of fumerate (together), i didnt have a very powerfull experience from the brew alone, i did drift off into a strange trance state for an hour or so as i listened to some music but that was about it. a couple of hours after drinking I vaped some infused herb and could definitely feel the influence of the vine on these experiences.

This weekend i will hopefully be drinking a stronger brew and i will report back.

i have extracted 2 batchs of what i believe to be Alicia from 2 different vendors and i have ended up with black/brown crystals. last week i extracted some Alicia from k1w1 and i got black and white crystals which was quite strange.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Jees
#9 Posted : 2/22/2013 3:47:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chaliponga Dream said several times one has to really boil it down to brown oil.
He has a questionable reputation though.

Infundibulum
#10 Posted : 2/22/2013 4:37:38 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Guys, for those who have tried Alicia, are you getting any MAO inhibition? Can you make DMT orally active?

I thought that Alicia does not have beta carbolines and if it orally activates dmt, then I'd consider it a very interesting development.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

SnozzleBerry
#11 Posted : 2/22/2013 4:49:02 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

At 10g and 25g with DMT admixture I didn't have any really noticeable DMT effects. The 25g experience included effects that felt very similar to harmalas, but also rather different. I was warm the entire night (my partner noted that I felt significantly warmer than normal throughout the night), colors had a weird, faint metallic/glowing quality to them, and my spatial sense was somewhat distorted.

That said, there are reports on the ayahuasca forums and from Chaliponga Dream that indicate at high enough doses (CD's report presents a LOT of material in the brew) and/or very reduced amounts (possible something is happening in the heat of reducing so much?) it does allow for orally active DMT.

At present we know it doesn't have harmalas in it and its spectra doesn't match any of the NIST-listed beta carbolines...might be something unknown or unlisted.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

Jees
#12 Posted : 2/22/2013 6:57:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
... and from Chaliponga Dream that indicate at high enough doses...it does allow for orally active DMT...

Yes he said that, and it was around 250 gr vine per serving. Recently he repeated that it is obligatory to boil it down to dark oil, probably because of the large amount of vine needed.

SnozzleBerry
#13 Posted : 2/22/2013 7:01:28 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Jees wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:
... and from Chaliponga Dream that indicate at high enough doses...it does allow for orally active DMT...

Yes he said that, and it was around 250 gr vine per serving needed to get the ball rolling.

One of the questions that (I thought) was still lingering from the 250g report was whether that was fresh or dried. Was that ever resolved?
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

Jees
#14 Posted : 2/22/2013 7:05:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good remark, up there, it's usually wet, this would resemble 100 gr dry, sort of.

This is a snipped medley of his different adds about alicia:
(I did the underlining)

chaliponga dream wrote:
Hello, we used 10kg Alicia anisopetala vine and 1kg of Alicia Anisopetala leaves to obtain 700ml of pure divine nectar and the experience was great full of light but remenber when working with this vine you have to cook it real down to nectar if you make a simple tea it will not work.... the Alicia anisopelata confirmed me to be very active, we took 45ml each in the group, we had nice experience lots of vomiting for some in the group full of light... the feeling is different than b.caapi in some aspects, but remenber when working with alicia you have to boil it down to deep extract nectar to obtain great results, as a simple tea it will not satisfy your expectations.

...the vine alicia anisopetala can be also considered a type of ayahuasca though some people call it chaliponga in peru and ecuador being different than the original diplopterys cabrerana it does also can be used as banisteriopsis caapi if you do the right extraction.

...alicia is active if you cook the vine very down to oils but you need to add the alicia leaves + chacruna remember that this vine is called chaliponga also for some shamans in the amazon.

Infundibulum
#15 Posted : 2/22/2013 8:16:16 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I call BS; he may very well be right, but also lets' not forget that this is the internet, people.

I wonder, how did he end up with this method of preparation? Is it a traditional method of preparation? How do traditional shamans who happen to work with Alicia prepare their brew?

Quote:
we had nice experience lots of vomiting for some in the group full of light... the feeling is different than b.caapi in some aspects, but remenber when working with alicia you have to boil it down to deep extract nectar to obtain great results, as a simple tea it will not satisfy your expectations.
And is his above description the only description of Alicia's activity on the internet? Description of activity sounds too vague and a bit like advertising...If that's what alicia has to offer, I'm very unimpressed.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

SnozzleBerry
#16 Posted : 2/22/2013 9:48:50 PM

omnia sunt communia!

My understanding is that Chaliponga Dream is from a family that has been passing down these traditions for some time. I don't deny that it's the internet, but afaik, he also makes a number of plants available through the web. Obviously it could be PR, but I've always understood him to be a fairly reputable source of information/plants (that's thirdhand, fwiw).

Zaka has also posted about using Alicia anisopetala, but from his post, it seems he used it (I'm assuming leaves) as admixture. Between other reports on apparent activity of the leaves and the TLC that you've also seen, I think there is decent evidence regarding the leaves. The vine still remains a major question though.

I am not aware of any published reports discussing the activity of the vine.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

pinkoyd
#17 Posted : 2/23/2013 12:47:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

Zaka's plants were large enough to flower within I think two years, and they got huge fast. He said he used vine, so we'll have to wait for him to chime in to clarify, but I'll bet he used stem rather than leaf.

As far as published reports of Aa's activity, we are on the cutting edge, right here right now. Alicia to my knowledge has never been reported in the literature as an entheogen. K1w1 (Chaliponga Dream) was the first to bring it to wider attention, and even then he initially mis-ID'd it as Diplopterys.

BTW Zaka was the one who first pinned down the correct ID. I would imagine his plants are the largest in the world outside the Amazon.
I already asked Alice.

jamie
#18 Posted : 2/23/2013 1:52:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Infundibulum wrote:
Guys, for those who have tried Alicia, are you getting any MAO inhibition? Can you make DMT orally active?

I thought that Alicia does not have beta carbolines and if it orally activates dmt, then I'd consider it a very interesting development.

I doubt that alicia is absent in beta carbolines..the effects when drunk feels like harmalas..jsut not like caapi or rue. I never tried oral DMT with it but it did definatly synergise with vaped DMT and make it longer.

and yeah..I dunno about chaliponga dream. He seems to have had multiple accounts or something on the ayahuasca forums from what I remember trying to back up his business when others had complaints. I dont know anything first had but I dont trust his account of things necessarily.
Long live the unwoke.

flowersniffer
#19 Posted : 2/23/2013 4:18:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I brewed up some of Kiwi's Alicia. (I posted pics on another thread, but can't locate it right now) The brew was lighter than I expected after boiling 3 x 3 hrs and I wondered if perhaps I hadn't broken up the vine pieces enough. I planned break it up more and re boil, but the next day, when I re visited the pot, all the vine material was covered in white mould...

I started by dosing low... 5gms I think, maybe lower, and didn't feel any effects, but after smoking a small amount of Sativa and doing some asanas and meditation, I was getting visions of a black jungle cat... I was becoming this animal as I stretched It felt amazing. After this though, I was a bit disappointed. I increased the dose slowly working up to 40 grms before I ran out. With 40 grams I felt some nausea, but no other discernable effects. I did not mix any DMT with it.

I haven't had the time to brew another batch but I do plan to extract the alkaloids (whatever they may be) via Gilbran's tek and see how that goes.

Jees
#20 Posted : 2/24/2013 1:28:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Edit:obsolete post.

12NEXT