We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bestine Alternative Australia Options

SLiCeR
#1 Posted : 5/14/2012 7:41:40 PM

SLiCeR

Hey i am trying to find a bestine alternative in Australia for recrystallization (acacia extraction) can anyone help me out?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

mush_mage
#2 Posted : 5/14/2012 7:58:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's also known as n-Heptane

Have you tried art supply shops?
"Father! The sleeper has awakened!"

SLiCeR
#3 Posted : 5/28/2012 11:15:06 PM

SLiCeR

mush_mage wrote:
It's also known as n-Heptane

Have you tried art supply shops?

Yeah i have tried numerous art stores, which one in
Australia do you know of sells rubber cement thinner/bestine?

SLiCeR
#4 Posted : 5/29/2012 7:20:34 AM

SLiCeR

I think its clear that you can't get bestine in Australia so i need an alternative,
Is there anyone from Australia who knows a good recrstalization solvent to substitue
n-heptane aka bestine?

nen888
#5 Posted : 5/29/2012 9:03:17 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..hexane is one of the best solvents for crystalizing dmt..
is available from many 'industrial' chemical suppliers..ordering not suspicious if you have an excuse..i'll see if i can think of one..how about as an alternate rubber-art-cement thinner?
at any rate, it's not illegal or considered a pre-cursor to anything..

Frizzlepop
#6 Posted : 10/10/2013 10:02:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

There is a product at bunnings called undu adhesive remover, which is 100% heptane. It only comes in small 30ml bottles but perfect for re ex of small amounts of spice.

ooo0ooo
#7 Posted : 2/3/2014 11:05:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Frizzlepop wrote:
There is a product at bunnings called undu adhesive remover, which is 100% heptane. It only comes in small 30ml bottles but perfect for re ex of small amounts of spice.

Confirmed as working. Also available in a 118mL bottle, (but not at Bunnings). Product is made by Timbermate - their website, (when working; down at the moment but up yesterday), does not have an MSDS but does have a good list of retail outlets.

[Mods - this is not a controlled substance or a pre-cursor here to my knowledge. As such, I don't think I'm breaching any conventions by posting this info. If I'm wrong, please delete and let me know. Thanks!]

Thanks for the tip Frizzlepop!

Smile 0.

DreaMTripper
#8 Posted : 2/4/2014 6:01:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Check out solvents in aus thread all the info you need is there.

Kerberos
#9 Posted : 2/4/2014 8:39:59 AM

Michael

Laughing This thread is 2 years old.

If the OP is still around please let the above posters know what you finally settled on.Thumbs up

PS 2L Pure Heptane here, costs as of today approx $30 aus dollars including shipping
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

ooo0ooo
#10 Posted : 2/4/2014 12:28:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kerberos wrote:
2L Pure Heptane here, costs as of today approx $30 aus dollars including shipping

Thanks for the link Kerberos.

I was actually looking for a retail outlet here in Oz that I could walk into today, (yep, there's that instant gratification problem I always have Smile)... This was the only thread I could find from search that related to Australian retail outlets.

DreaMTripper wrote:

I've searched and searched, but can't find the thread to which you refer - please feel free to call me stoopid Smile... Could I trouble you for a link? Not sure if this is in a sub-forum I can't see as a new member, or if it's just the same thing as when I can't find my car-keys and my wife tells me they're in my pocket.

Either way, apologies for any sensibilities offended by my post. My only intent was to confirm the product listed in the original post works.

Thanks again.

Smile 0.

Kerberos
#11 Posted : 2/4/2014 3:23:49 PM

Michael

Check out upvc solvent cleaners in your neck of the woods and look up the MSDS for that product. That is how the product linked was found by the original poster (possibly Cyb).

Smile Kerberos
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

DreaMTripper
#12 Posted : 2/5/2014 6:57:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ooo0ooo wrote:
Kerberos wrote:
2L Pure Heptane here, costs as of today approx $30 aus dollars including shipping

Thanks for the link Kerberos.

I was actually looking for a retail outlet here in Oz that I could walk into today, (yep, there's that instant gratification problem I always have Smile)... This was the only thread I could find from search that related to Australian retail outlets.

DreaMTripper wrote:

I've searched and searched, but can't find the thread to which you refer - please feel free to call me stoopid Smile... Could I trouble you for a link? Not sure if this is in a sub-forum I can't see as a new member, or if it's just the same thing as when I can't find my car-keys and my wife tells me they're in my pocket.

Either way, apologies for any sensibilities offended by my post. My only intent was to confirm the product listed in the original post works.

Thanks again.

Smile 0.

Relax Im not offended I was just pointing people in general to a more current thread with a wealth of up to date information. Good tip about timbermate by the way..
Did you use the search function or just trawl threads? You cant fail to find it putting solvents in Aus into the subject line. So maybe the thread is in your pocket afterall. Smile

Sigtyr
#13 Posted : 10/27/2018 10:17:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ooo0ooo wrote:
Frizzlepop wrote:

Confirmed as working. Also available in a 118mL bottle, (but not at Bunnings). Product is made by Timbermate - their website, (when working; down at the moment but up yesterday), does not have an MSDS but does have a good list of retail outlets.

[Mods - this is not a controlled substance or a pre-cursor here to my knowledge. As such, I don't think I'm breaching any conventions by posting this info. If I'm wrong, please delete and let me know. Thanks!]

Thanks for the tip Frizzlepop!

Smile 0.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but can anyone confirm this? The MSDS I found for this product has it listed as naptha, so I'm wondering if the manufacturers have changed the formula for it since this was first posted?

Thanks

Pªrªâˆ‚øX
#14 Posted : 12/11/2018 3:38:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

6 years later and here we are haha -_-. What product where you referring too? You mean the timberland adhesive remover? My kookaburra needs a good re Xsolvent so I’ll *bump* and apologies if I should have checked other threads prior to posting.