We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Working on bufotenine extraction! Options

AluminumFoilRobots
#1 Posted : 5/12/2012 10:37:54 PM

gufyg

Hello everyone!

So I have had these Yopo seeds for close to a year now and have finally decided to take the plunge and extract them. I settled on the IPA bufo extraction tek for bufojam changa, however I will be substituting ethyl-alcohol for isopropyl-alcohol as I believe it will work just fine other than a somewhat longer evap time and I have enough left to do this... somebody stop me now if you think this is a bad idea! I've done the acidic-water pulls and am now decanting the solution to get the crud that a coffee filter wouldn't.
However, when reading the TEK I noticed that it doesn't have any volumes listed for anything but the seeds. I am using more than the TEK calls for anyway (13.8 grams unroasted seeds), and I read in (I think) 69ron's bufotenine extraction that he uses 5 grams sodium carbonate for 20 grams of yopo. I am thinking of using ~4 grams of sodium carbonate for the 13.8 grams I have, because it is insoluble in ethanol and I don't think it will matter if there is extra.
Should I just use enough ethanol to cover what I evaporate from the vinegar-water solution? Or maybe a bit more?

I guess after writing this I guess I'm not really stating any important questions that I couldn't or haven't already answered myself, so I'll change directions to this: has anyone used this TEK who can give me tips? How does what I outlined above sound?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

flickedbic
#2 Posted : 5/13/2012 5:21:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My dog used that tek but basified with Calcium carbonate as I think ron said sodium carb. was weak.

Also; what Bufojam tek are you using? Because Fractal did not include vinegar/water pulls in his; only water was the basification with a couple drops water, the baked bean matter, and the base.

React; dry; and pull with alcohol before toasting again pulling with alcohol again and then evaping onto herb (like freebased caapi or rue).

Fractals' Bufotenine IPA Extraction and Bufojam Changa Tek:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=7821

Were the acidic water pulls you did made with boiling water?

If so than you might follow this tek:
"* Boil the powdered beans covered in plenty of water (made pH 3 with hydrochloric acid, or just use 1 part ((White?))vinegar to 3 parts water). Filter out the beans. You might want to do this a few times to get all the alkaloids.
* Evaporate the water extract down to a syrupy consistency. You can use an oven at 175 F to evaporate your stuff if you like. It’s best to use a commercial food dehydrator for this.
* To your syrup add alcohol (91% isopropyl alcohol is great), enough to make it easy to poor. Mix it for a minute or so. Solids will forms.
* Filter out the solids that form and discard them.
* Evaporate your alcohol down to a syrupy consistency.
* To your thick syrup add calcium hydroxide (pickling lime for cooking), enough to make a paste. Mix it thoroughly. It should start to smell like ammonia. Let it sit for many hours. Once the ammonia smell is gone, the reaction is complete. Instead of aweful acidic bufotenine you now have the superior calcium bufotenate in your extract.
-***EDITED BY FLICKEDBIC***-
* dry your extract c o m p l e t e l y. Then break it up into a fine powder.
* mix in a generous amount of acetone (available as a 100% pure solvent at most hardware stores) to soak up the bufotenine. Filter out the solids, evaporate your acetone to get a pretty good extract (about 75% calcium bufotenate)."

(The Acetone purification is not necesarry but is recommended).

If one has both Naptha and Acetone than a binary mix can be made that might purify any crude extraction to Bufo crystals.

Blessings.
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

AluminumFoilRobots
#3 Posted : 5/14/2012 2:50:12 AM

gufyg

Huh, I thought that was the TEK I had saved to my documents that was the TEK I am using, but the one I have calls for toasting the seeds first, and then boiling twice in acidified water and the solids discarded. I already discarded the solids.... I'm decanting the tea, is that necessary?... so you think I should just follow the procedure you outlined above?
and I am just substituting ethanol for IPA but consdering the relative cheapness of IPA and the fact that I misplaced the little bottle of 95% ethanol I had I may be using IPA after all.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

flickedbic
#4 Posted : 5/14/2012 3:24:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dunno; both might work: got a link?

Decanting should be okay; just do a short decant tho I've never heard anything about Yopo decanting.

My dog would only consider the above outlined example if going with the acetone step.

Blessings.

Without prejudice.

christian
#5 Posted : 5/14/2012 3:29:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There seems to be 2 threads on this, with 12-13 pages of info on each thread. Wouldn't it be nice if there were 3 teks or so to use, and that was it, save reading 26 pages....Thumbs up
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

flickedbic
#6 Posted : 5/14/2012 3:55:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That would be awesome!

Sort of like what I tried to do here; https://mycotopia.net/fo...otenine-extractions.html

I would love to read the 26 pages christian, do you have time for linking that pair of threads?

Blessings.

Without prejudice.

soulfood
#7 Posted : 5/14/2012 4:50:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

AluminumFoilRobots
#8 Posted : 5/14/2012 6:37:59 PM

gufyg

Ok, so I'll be proceeding with that little TEK by Noman that you posted flickedbic... it seems simple as pie I'll just have to go back out to town for IPA and acetone... can anyone recommend a good clean brand of Acetone? I what they have at the hardware store is sunnyside, and I think I've read that suunyside's acetone doesn't evap clear.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

soulfood
#9 Posted : 5/14/2012 8:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recommend the no smell tek over Nomans

flickedbic
#10 Posted : 5/14/2012 8:36:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Klean-Strip is a brand commonly recommended as cleanly evaporating.

Thanks for that link soulfood; I think the "no smell" results would be more pure.

Blessings.

Without prejudice.

AluminumFoilRobots
#11 Posted : 5/14/2012 9:17:39 PM

gufyg

Ok, well I already boiled my seeds in acidified water as per this other TEK that I have on my computer but cannot find a link for, it is basically the no-smell TEK with acidified water boils... could I just evaporate the solution that I have an proceed using the solids left for the No Smell TEK?

Either way I have to evap.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

christian
#12 Posted : 5/14/2012 9:57:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

flickedbic wrote:
Sort of like what I tried to do here; https://mycotopia.net/fo...otenine-extractions.html

Yea, saw that, nice!..well done.

Here's those 2 threads:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=6404

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=10071
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

flickedbic
#13 Posted : 5/15/2012 1:51:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Christian: Thanks!

OP: Yep; as long as you can get Fumeric acid and everything: The No Smell Tek has more required materials.

Blessings.

Without prejudice.

AluminumFoilRobots
#14 Posted : 5/15/2012 2:40:07 AM

gufyg

woah, I never saw anything about fumaric acid in the no smell tek... I just reread it and it yields freebase bufotenine... are you sure about that?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

soulfood
#15 Posted : 5/15/2012 2:50:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AluminumFoilRobots wrote:
woah, I never saw anything about fumaric acid in the no smell tek... I just reread it and it yields freebase bufotenine... are you sure about that?

You use fumaric acid to precipitate the freebase bufotenine from the acetone leaving the bulk of the undesirables behind. The you base the resulting salts again to get a smokable product.

AluminumFoilRobots
#16 Posted : 5/15/2012 3:04:37 AM

gufyg

ok ok, so I don't have fumaric acid unfortunately... could I use a different acid to salt with? Or is fumarate the only one that works?

Also, does 70% isopropyl alcohol work for this?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

flickedbic
#17 Posted : 5/15/2012 4:19:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think its Fumeric only with No Smell (elsewise a more common acid would likely be mentioned).

Otherwise; I think 70% has worked but is not recommended.

Blessings.

Without prejudice.

soulfood
#18 Posted : 5/15/2012 4:31:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well citric acid works too, but it's a PITA as bufotenine citrate's a bit gooey.

flickedbic
#19 Posted : 5/16/2012 3:26:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for that; is the only disadvantage to using Citric acid the sticky nature? It can still be laboriously collected, freebased, and pulled on to yield the same result upon evap?

OP; If you are still interested in the No Smell check out the pictorial by Phlux: https://mycotopia.net/ forums/ holding-tank/ 64880-phlux-s-bufotinine-extraction.html

Blessings.

Without prejudice.

soulfood
#20 Posted : 5/16/2012 3:34:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well bufo fumarate is a solid you can collect and grind.

Bufo citrate is bordering on a liquid, but it does separate from acetone.

I know which I'd rather work with.

12NEXT