We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
The Acacia Confusa thread Options

universalcosmics
#41 Posted : 9/3/2013 10:12:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi i am a new member, i have been lurking and researching different places for information on A. Confusa, i am buying 100gms of trunk bark, i realized this is stem bark of the tree. Since the dmt % is higher than nmt% it is around the same as root bark, or a little lower. I see that the flavonoids or what ever, produce some mao effects, so i can see y people have dmt trips but also only last for a short while. What i plan to do is use sryin rue with the acacia confusa. I think i will use only a small amount of syrin rue since the bark is to believed to have mao's. With that i will also use miligram usesages on the a. Confusa. This my first time using these materials, and like lsd i dont want to over do it. XD

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong thread

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SpiritualBeggar
#42 Posted : 9/4/2013 9:44:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Dear Acacians,

My mother in-law stumble upon of what to believe as an acacia confusa tree..
so she plucked a branch to be inspected...

She needs acacia experts to clarify the picture attached..

her questions are: (if it's truely confusa)
1. is the branch a stem?
2. is the stem potentially holding some spice?
3. are the leaves potentially holding some spices too?
4. what are the best tek for stem bark extraction?

besides, she could also get tons of trunk bark but not confident of getting root bark.

mind you all, she's humbly asking to be spoon fed because she's old and was never in school.

PLease advice
SpiritualBeggar attached the following image(s):
ac.jpg (996kb) downloaded 562 time(s).

Parshvik Chintan
#43 Posted : 9/4/2013 11:29:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well sulphur, it has rod flowers instead of ball, and the phyllodes look too thick to be confusa as well.
however, it could still be a species very much worth extracting (if you state your general area, resident acacians can probably pin-point a species for you)
sulphur wrote:

1. is the branch a stem?

i believe stem bark and branch bark are fundamentally identical, yes
sulphur wrote:

potentially, yes
sulphur wrote:

phyllodes, not leaves (acacia have small, bipinnate leaves), and potentially, yes
sulphur wrote:

well there is no objective answer to that, everyone's response would be riddled with their own subjective preference.
personally i recommend Q21Q21 (especially for the fact it uses non-caustic, food safe ingredients), but CYB's tek comes highly regarded as well

sulphur wrote:
mind you all, she's humbly asking to be spoon fed because she's old and was never in school.

i'll feed you, baby bird. but mind you, we don't need no fancy book-learnin' here (personally, i cannot even remember anything relevant or even useful from my educational career [except maybe basic math skills], and it certainly hasn't helped me with regards to what i have learned here). just some good old fashioned patience (and literacy) is all that is required to scour the knowledges of the nexus
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

SpiritualBeggar
#44 Posted : 9/5/2013 9:09:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow thanks Parshvik

motherinlaw thanks you ....
motherinlaw lives in southern thailand.
she thinks she's an expert MHRB extractor but tempted by acrb, acsb, actb,...
because there are everywhere ....

so she needs acacians to verify this species for her.

Parshvik Chintan
#45 Posted : 9/5/2013 9:56:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sulphur wrote:
so she needs acacians to verify this species for her.

well i am hardly an expert as such, but that looks to me to be acacia auriculiformis/moniliformis/auriculaeformis.

it would help confirm that ID if you posted a picture of the trunk bark, and seedpods (if possible)
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

acacian
#46 Posted : 9/5/2013 12:11:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it sure does look similar.. more pics would be helpful - especially of the tree... also similar to acacia polystachya (pods help distinguish)

acacian
#47 Posted : 9/5/2013 12:14:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sulphur wrote:
Dear Acacians,

My mother in-law stumble upon of what to believe as an acacia confusa tree..
so she plucked a branch to be inspected...

She needs acacia experts to clarify the picture attached..

her questions are: (if it's truely confusa)
1. is the branch a stem?

besides, she could also get tons of trunk bark but not confident of getting root bark.

PLease advice

there is no need to use trunk bark and it is often devastating to the tree's well being. stem bark is equally as good, though I would recommend using phyllodes. if the stem or trunk has it, it is highly likely that the phyllodes do too (maybe in slightly lower amounts but who's complaining when they are plentiful and sustainable).. pruning a few branches is also a sustainable method of harvest and means you will get a mix of stem and phyllode

tek is the same as any other DMT extraction and a standard a/b will work fine. methods for acacia extraction can be seen in the Acacia Extraction Workspace (in my signature)... and on the note of spoon feeding you information, a little research really goes a long way and a quick google search would have instantly let you know that your tree is not confusa.. we expect you to at least do a little bit of research if your really committed.. especially if it involves you harvesting a plant from the wild

tgun
#48 Posted : 9/15/2013 6:27:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the OP and other contributers. I was wondering (before) if the confusa bark would be a good aya additive. Apparently so.

dmacattack
#49 Posted : 10/17/2013 3:21:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hey people,

i decided to sign up, because you guys seem to know what going on!
I've been on these forums a bit and am very interested to hear what you guys think, get a possible few ids an get promoted so i can pm a few genius i have in mind lol, lets be honest...

at the moment i have been attempting an acacia confusa extraction, with a few failed attempts and before itry again (as in Adelaide at the moment confusa has stopped flowering (its almost summer Sad , anyways. i have managed to make create the forma-ascha (Chinese "thinking of others tree" tea). but crystallization has been a big problem.. they can visually form after a freeze percep, but evap an its impossible to harvest..

so far used lex's tek, and the a/b tek by yours truely (sorry forgot the name) and a modified version of the 2 kind of, coz why not experiment.

vinegar at first then hcl, ph has been measured but it so hard to get a digital ph and one that reads under 4 so its always roughish but measurements have been spot on specially with the hcl(5%, 100ml to 2L,distilled if i can get) problem being maybe with to much naoh (sodium hydr), as sometimes you add more because its not what u expect(and not digital thermo) .

my
question to you guys and thank you so much in advance, may the light bless your souls infinitely .

question 1, how specific must the ph be, trying to extract specifically DMT pka 8.97 approx ( ph 3/4? i believe?) and is distilled water a must, (can i just boil normal water in a new kettle?, use spring or tap? ) we have de-mineralized water here (non polar, can i just add fine non-iodized salt, to make it polar?

question 2, the caustic soda i use, as i have no digital thermo, i cant test ph, so do i just go buy measurements or do i observe an see if it turns black (as stated in some teks)?
if i over treat it (add to much caustic) can i neutralize it with some hcl or vinegar? even if the ether has been extracted from it, and its been left for 4 days? neutralize then extract with same ether as it would be saturated and get a better pull?

question 3, advice on defatting from someone who has done it with acacia confusa personally, easiest, safest, im not so much looking for a perfect crystal although who isn't? i know its heavy in something nasty as my last 4 or 5 have been oily, and not crystallized at all,

and 4thly, thank you guys so much if you even read all of that, truely and greatly appreciate it, but im not a chemist and i haven't studied, just experimented myself because i truely believe in alchemy and love it. i am currently studying to be a psychologist or will be (fingers crossed).

I'm just looking for any advice that is an off the top of my head understanding i have of this process with my experiences, if my choice of words or anything is off let me no becoz i am only learning. if its in the wrong thread my bad, you guys can move it if you feel the need...

peace out

^dmac>attack0 Twisted Evil

RadioActiveLamb
#50 Posted : 10/20/2013 4:45:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dmacattack wrote:

...so hard to get a digital ph and one that reads under 4 so its always roughish but measurements have been spot on specially with the hcl(5%, 100ml to 2L,distilled if i can get) problem being maybe with to much naoh (sodium hydr), as sometimes you add more because its not what u expect(and not digital thermo) .

question 1, how specific must the ph be...

question 2, the caustic soda i use, as i have no digital thermo, i cant test ph, so do i just go buy measurements or do i observe an see if it turns black...
^dmac>attack0 Twisted Evil

Hey Dmacattack,

SWIM probably wondered the same things...after one failed attempt due to older bark material, a second extraction was extremely successful. SWIM did not measure PH. Just used Lex Tek v.1 and followed instructions as closely as possible.

How did your extractions go? Presumably, not very well for you to be asking these questions?

Lamby
OK, Mother Nature, here's a list of all the colours. Which one should we use for the skin of Chameleons?

"Yes."

dmacattack
#51 Posted : 10/20/2013 10:12:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

its just hard to get it in crystal form, so i went over everything i may or may not have done wrong and just tried to give u guys my understanding of the process coz im self taught. and i could defdinetly get a few things wrong,

ive written up another tek, that i will try tonight on arundinacea, as maybe it was the tree i got the bark from... it was truck back but as close to the root as possible (without killing the plant i couldnt get root bark) it is my understanding that truck bark while its a lower alk content still has the alk in it..

i beleive i was able to make a brew of it but the liquid reduced to much coz i left the pot and it was so acidic that couldnt consume it via tea... so i froze it and ate ice cubes. that worked... to a degree... didnt consume alot, but none the less i could gather the feeling..

i gave attempted with hcl and vinegar, waiting on the hcl results now via freeze percep. ill post an update when im done. i also have attempted a defat before basifying on my most resent run.. will update on that as well.

what i wanna know from you guys is.. does that all sound right, i havent missed or stuffed anything. i think a curial point is hot aquas solution and hot shelite, as previous runs the yeild hasnt been cloudy.. last night it was.

thank you for you input radio active lamb. i do appreciate it

simplexus
#52 Posted : 10/21/2013 6:02:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

try to make hot pulls.
the best is to put it in your car a sunny day for an hour or two(release the pressure from time to time)

the naphta is not cloudy when you do the pull, you can see clouds only when the naphta cool down (what happen pretty fast. naphta very hot means very oversaturated.
then put it in a lage dish, cover it with plastic film and let the crystal precipitate at room temperature.

It works very well for me Big grin

dmacattack
#53 Posted : 10/24/2013 11:01:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hmm alright, i heated the bark, and the naptha in a water bath prior to extraction as well, hmmmmmmmmmm interesting, SWIM is going to attempt this with arcindinea and left over bark, ill post updates,

at this stage both the bark and the grass is frozen in the freezer, and thawed atleast 3 times, ill leave it in the freezer for a bit longer and start an a/b on it unless someone has a better idea.

is anyone fairly confident with confusa in particular? i made a tea style brew that definitely effected me, just wanna compare a few things,

thanks heaps appreciate it immensely

ahh before i go good question, is it necessary to freeaze recipitate with the lid in and obviously idea conditions being a VERY shallow dish ie baking trey? is that correct or does anyone specifically know about freeze precipitation, with my experience more naptha = more evap time which can mean loss of product. i am sure my tech isnt the problem, obv no digital tester so no deffinet ph reading

nen888
#54 Posted : 10/30/2013 6:37:19 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..these two studies are relevant to oral activity as well as the general medicinal aspects of the constituents of Acacia confusa..

"Flavonoid Aglycones and Indole alkaloids from the roots of Acacia confusa" Lee et al 2000

Quote:
From the methanolic extract of the roots of Acacia confusa pentahydroxyflavan (1), (-)-2,3-cis-3,4-cis-3,3′,4,4′,7,8-hexa catechin (4), (-)-epicatechin (5), 3′,4′,7,8-tetrahydroxyflavon were isolated, and their structures were established.

..catechin and other flavonoids have anti-oxidant as well as MAOI activity (though most not as potent as harmine)

"Phytochemicals from Acacia confusa Heartwood Extracts Reduce Serum Uric Acid Levels in Oxonate-Induced Mice: Their Potential Use as Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitors" Tung et al 2010

Quote:
In this study, the antihyperuricemic effect of Acacia confusa heartwood extracts phytochemicals on potassium oxonate (PO)-induced acute hyperuricemia was in for the first time. All treatments at the same dosage (100 mmol/kg) were admin thl cavity of PO-induced hyperuricemic mice, and serum uric acid le measured at 3 h after administration. In experimental mice, serum uric acid lev significantly suppressed by the administration of A. confusa heartwood extracts major phytochemicals, (−)-2,3-cis-3,4-cis-3,3′,4,4′,7,8-hexahydroxyflavan, (−)-2,3-4′-methoxy-3,3′,4,7,8-pentahydroxyflavan, melanoxetin, transilitin, and okanin, r PO group. The direct inhibitory effect of these five compounds on xanthine oxid activity was examined using isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC). Among them, showed a more remarkable inhibitory effect on XOD activity than allopurinol, a used for XOD inhibitor. To further understand the stereochemistry between XO melanoxetin (or allopurinol), structure-based molecular modeling was performe Melanoxetin undergoes extended interactions in the hydrophobic region via the dihydroxyphenyl moiety, thus accounting for its higher binding affinity to XOD t allopurinol. These results indicate that A. confusa heartwood extracts and their phytochemicals exhibit strong XOD inhibitory effects, which reduce serum uric a while inhibiting uric acid generation in purine metabolism.

cytokinesis420
#55 Posted : 11/1/2013 4:43:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please read my story here:

The Hawaiian Acacia confusa Biography

Chairman MAO
#56 Posted : 11/9/2013 9:20:10 AM

Writing the little red book of life...

Hieronymous wrote:
Here's a few pics of my baby confusas.

It's a poor colour rendition, they look a a bit yellow in the pics they actually have a deep green colour with a hint of purple (anthocynanins). Sorry for the crappy pics I took them with my phone.

The plants in the pot behind them are A. acuminata and you can just make out a few of my simplicifolias behind that. The other plants are ephedras and a Delosperma

And to think these little cuties equate Mother Earth/Mama Aya kicking your ass back on track.

Love Love Love
In my country, the legal go-to psychoactive substance is ethanol. Sometimes my friends get wasted and tell the craziest stories about how they go out at night to harvest strange grasses in the light of the full moon. They claim to meet elves, white light and jaguars. These are their stories.

SMAOLK ZEBONG
Mon Ami, if you lose your inhibition we can take some extasy and DANCE!

ArkaneMist
#57 Posted : 12/16/2013 2:02:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all,

procured some Acacia Confusa Bark. Would anyone happen to know what would signs be of good quality root bark?

At the moment, it's quite damp, large chunks, very reddish.

Most of the bark is very moist and had some mud on it.

I expect drying it out fully would have to take place before any alchemy ext?

Thanks for any information.

3rdI
#58 Posted : 12/16/2013 2:07:40 PM

veni, vidi, spici

you cant really tell how good bark is by looking at it, you need to extract it to find out.

I would clean the mud off then get started on an extraction.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

ArkaneMist
#59 Posted : 12/16/2013 2:27:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
you cant really tell how good bark is by looking at it, you need to extract it to find out.

I would clean the mud off then get started on an extraction.

Thanks for encouraging motions. Smile

I see, well I think it's going to be a couple of months or so before I begin that step, Still a lot of learning to be done, plus procurement of supplies.

Not sure where I can find this naphfta or shellite stuff.

Root Bark vs Bark.

Root bark is just bark that's close to the roots right?

3rdI
#60 Posted : 12/16/2013 3:16:16 PM

veni, vidi, spici

ArkaneMist wrote:
Not sure where I can find this naphfta or shellite stuff.

look for lighter fluid but do an evap test first.

ArkaneMist wrote:
Root Bark vs Bark.

Root bark is just bark that's close to the roots right?

root bark is bark off the roots I think
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

PREV12345NEXT